Turn off Objective Pop Ups

DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
Objective tab is constantly glowing and also displays a red number (usually) when there’s something new or something to claim.

So can the team eliminate the objective pop ups that clog the interface? It’s annoying, superfluous and it probably sucks up some little bit of memory somewhere that could be better utilized. It’s been years since anyone said “hey, I really love me some pop-ups onscreen!”

Dr. Zola

Comments

• DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    edited May 23
    I think the bottom line here is objectives have issues. Sometimes you have to claim them sometimes it’s automatic. Sometimes you have to claim one before you can continue the missions other times you crank through. Popups for bgs are totally messed. Clearly a little consistency is warranted.
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 215 ★★
    I don't mind them. They are not as annoying as the game center achievement pop ups.
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 705 ★★★★
    As an alternative, make the "claim now" button in the popup actually claim the rewards. Right now it just opens the objective screen
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 142
    It's funny you mention this. Yesterday I was complaining to myself about how inconsistent the popups are. Sometimes you get a popup – 1/4 complete, 2/4 complete – sometimes nothing. If you are going to do something do it consistently!!! When I was a software tester and UI/UX lead this was one of my pet peeves with devs. "If you're going to do something in one area of the app, why can't you do it the same in all areas? Why do you have to constantly confuse or piss off users by doing the same thing differently everywhere?!"
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★

It's funny you mention this. Yesterday I was complaining to myself about how inconsistent the popups are. Sometimes you get a popup – 1/4 complete, 2/4 complete – sometimes nothing. If you are going to do something do it consistently!!! When I was a software tester and UI/UX lead this was one of my pet peeves with devs. "If you're going to do something in one area of the app, why can't you do it the same in all areas? Why do you have to constantly confuse or piss off users by doing the same thing differently everywhere?!"

In this case I think it's because all pop-ups happen in the same spot and once we leave a fight the server gets info so if we do multiple things for objectives in the same fight it's trying to to dump all of that information on us at the same time causing the ui to glitch out
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 142
    It seems to me like they aren't using a common library for this. You'd think there would be a single class that could be used everywhere to implement popups. Look around and you'll see more inconsistencies like this.

For example, in the Crystals tab. When you claim Arena Crystals, if you tap get now the "Add More" button is always enabled. When you don't have enough to add more it should be disabled. But, you get a pop saying "Insufficient Funds." When you go to open shards or solo crystals, the "Add More" button is disabled when you don't have enough to add more.