Do I need a buff?

DamageFactionDamageFaction Member Posts: 92

Apparently i suck. Apparently I’m not no good for anything. Apparently I’m badly in need of an update. What do I think of that? I don’t know? Maybe you should ask the chump who had me down to 45% of my health why he’s splatting like a bug off the back wall in the act 9 in beta test like he hasn’t landed a single hit? You could ask me but what would I known apparently I’m outdated and not relevant to the modern version of this this game at all so what would I know?!!😂😂😂😂

Comments

• DamageFactionDamageFaction Member Posts: 92
    Sorry but I’m just tired of people saying he sucks and needs an update!! I’d happily admit that it’s been a while since he was top of the mystic class and as an attacker he can’t hold a candle to CGR but I’ve had him since I earned him in the 4* featured arena and he still rocks it!!! OG champs in the house!!!!
  • Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Member Posts: 124 ★★
    “I’ve got spirits in my head and they won’t go”
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian

Sorry but I’m just tired of people saying he sucks and needs an update!! I’d happily admit that it’s been a while since he was top of the mystic class and as an attacker he can’t hold a candle to CGR but I’ve had him since I earned him in the 4* featured arena and he still rocks it!!! OG champs in the house!!!!

GR needs a lot of help starting with getting the blade synergy as part of his base kit. If he also didn't need sp3 to reset judgements, that'd be great too. Also some fresh numbers updates would be cool
    I’m not using the Blade synergy. I get what you’re saying about the SP3 reset but compared to CGR doesn’t he need to reach a certain number of judgments to do the same? I have both GR’s but OG’s damnation lasts for far longer and CGR in my opinion is a far more offensive champ than OG that is far more balanced. Not the best mystic I’d agree but how can anyone say a champ that can clear content not released yet is “outdated” and not relevant to the game?
  • AdokAdok Member Posts: 283 ★★

I’m not using the Blade synergy. I get what you’re saying about the SP3 reset but compared to CGR doesn’t he need to reach a certain number of judgments to do the same? I have both GR’s but OG’s damnation lasts for far longer and CGR in my opinion is a far more offensive champ than OG that is far more balanced. Not the best mystic I’d agree but how can anyone say a champ that can clear content not released yet is “outdated” and not relevant to the game?

Yeah but the difference is, is that cgr doesn't really care about damnation when he's pumping out like 300k SP2's. Plus his judgements reset when you get to 5. Even then, after 1 round of judgements he doesn't need to care about them nearly as much. Also, any Rank 5 6* Ascended champ with a good relic will be able to clear content. Doesn't make him good.
    IlociaM97 said:

Skill issue

Yes I totally agree!! A “it’s not what you’ve got but how you use it” comment probably wasn’t the whole point of this post of all was it?!!! 😂
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    Picks one of the few fights he excels at, then claims he doesn't under achieve in 95% of situations.

Cool story.

And while we’re on the subject of champs that totally suck Dani Moonstar gets a pretty bad press on these forums so I’d like to go on record by saying she’s terrible too!! Without boosts or synergies she can can only do 550k damage in 44 hits so please don’t make the mistake of ranking her!! 😂
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★

The bar isn’t “can clear content.” As Swedeah has demonstrated time and again, most champs “can clear content” in skilled hands.

The test is whether it is enjoyable or whether it takes eight minutes to do the fight.
    Wicket329 said:

The bar isn’t “can clear content.” As Swedeah has demonstrated time and again, most champs “can clear content” in skilled hands.

The test is whether it is enjoyable or whether it takes eight minutes to do the fight.
    So I should have used Herc, a champ that that most people on the forums is the most unskilled way of wining the game?
    BeastDad said:

Picks one of the few fights he excels at, then claims he doesn't under achieve in 95% of situations.

Cool story.

Yes because a champ that can recover 55% of it’s health on demand, can prevent healing, power gain and prevent buffs trigger despite immunity’s is only good for 1 fight in this game 😂😂😂
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★

Simply because since act 7 was released, followed by act 8 and now act 9, any champ can clear that content. Like really. There is nothing hard about story content.

BeastDad said:

Cool story.

Yes because a champ that can recover 55% of it’s health on demand, can prevent healing, power gain and prevent buffs trigger despite immunity’s is only good for 1 fight in this game 😂😂😂
    It's not really on demand. You mentioned you're not using the synergy, so you'll likely fail what you want to trigger. Nobody wants that in 2024. Hell we didn't want that in 2020

Good you're finding uses for him, you're entitled to your own opinion. But posting this crusade post on a weekend, using antagonizing tone, you're only coming across as a troll.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

So I should have used Herc, a champ that that most people on the forums is the most unskilled way of wining the game?
    No dude, you’re talking to somebody who only even r4’d Herc for incursions and has since swapped him out for an r3 Angela. My first r5 6* from exploring the EOP finale was Miles Morales. I understand loving off meta champions.

But OG GR needs some work. And not an insubstantial amount. The screenshot you posted didn’t even tell us anything besides the fact that he has regen, which isn’t news or particularly interesting. Ghost Rider is an iconic Marvel character and I want to see him brought up to that level.
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 166 ★★

Apparently i suck. Apparently I’m not no good for anything. Apparently I’m badly in need of an update. What do I think of that? I don’t know? Maybe you should ask the chump who had me down to 45% of my health why he’s splatting like a bug off the back wall in the act 9 in beta test like he hasn’t landed a single hit? You could ask me but what would I known apparently I’m outdated and not relevant to the modern version of this this game at all so what would I know?!!😂😂😂😂

I’d love to see how long this took.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,853 ★★★★★

Look, I love Ghost Rider as much as anyone. He was my first 5* Ascension before Magik and Quake, because I was still yet to pull a 6* version. His Life Steal and Damnation are both incredibly powerful.

And as a fellow GR-devotee I'm also aware that he doesn't really need the Blade synergy against #Villains.

He is a perfectly useable Questing champion, if you're not in a hurry. I still use him for questing, to this day.

He's not useless. However, he is outdated:
    - his damage is low
    - he's got zero defensive value
    - if you don't rotate through an SP3, his SP1 and SP2 do absolutely nothing after the first use.
    - his unreliability was acceptable back in 2016; but really isn't, in 2024. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a champion with a significant ability (other than inflicting bleeds on critical hits) with a 65% chance of success?

his judgements should be reliable against everyone, and should gain Potency against #Villains.

Or, if you want a longer suggestion, see below - main changes to his Sig/Special Attacks:

Ghost Rider

Health 32160
    Attack 2380

Passive

A bloodless skeleton wreathed in Hellfire, Ghost rider is immune to Bleed and Incinerate effects; and Poison effects from non-Mystical opponents suffer -70% Potency.

Bane of Evil
    Against #Villain opponents, Ghost Rider gains +15% to his Attack, Armour and Critical rating
    #Villain opponents passively suffer -10% Power Rate for each Judgement upon them. This reduces both Combat and Ability Power Gain.
    Heroes are less vulnerable to the Spirit of Vengeance: against #Hero opponents, all Judgements apart from the Judgment of Guilt suffer -15% Ability accuracy (most heroes feel guilty about something...)

Judgements
    Ghost Riders judgements are triggered by certain actions or combos. Judgements last indefinitely when placed, but can only be placed once. When a judgment is placed, Ghost Rider causes a secondary effect (Fury, Bleed, etc) that gains +75% duration for each Judgement already in effect when it is placed. Immunity to the secondary effect does not prevent Ghost Rider from placing Judgements.
    The list of Ghost Rider's Judgments, and their secondary effects is:
    • Complete MLLLL combo: Judgment of Spite - Inflict Bleed, causing 3123 damage over 3 seconds.
    • Complete MLLLM combo: Judgement of Corruption - Gain Fury buff, +2856 Attack for 9 seconds
    • Heavy attack: Judgment of Malice - gain a Lifesteal passive, enabling Ghost Rider to Steal 804 Health on each Attack. Lifesteal does not generate health against #Robots.
    • Hit opponent with Special-1 Attack: Judgment of Pride - Inflict Fate Seal for 6 seconds.
    • Hit opponent with Special-2 Attack: Judgment of Anger - Inflict power drain debuff removing 20% of the opponent's Maximum Power over 2 seconds.
    • Hit opponent with Special-3 Attack: Judgment of Guilt - Inflict Damnation upon the opponent for 5 seconds. Damnation causes 1572 damage, and also inflicts Fate Seal, Heal Block and Power Lock.
      When Damnation ends, remove all Judgements from the opponent. This does not remove any active secondary effects.
    Special Attacks
    SP1 - Inflict Judgment of Pride.
    If this Judgment is already active, instead Nullify one buff for each two Judgments on the opponent (rounded up).
    SP2 - Inflict Judgment of Anger.
    Additionally, inflict Incinerate for 5228 damage over five seconds. Incinerate Potency increases by +25% for each Judgement on the opponent.
    SP3 - Inflict Judgment of Guilt. This attack refreshes any other secondary effects that are active when it is placed.

Signature ability: Penance stare
    Each Judgement active on the opponent increases Ghost Rider's Offensive combat power rate by 12%.
    Additionally, the damage inflicted by Damnation is increased by 100%, except when fighting #Hero opponents.

• МэджикМэджик Member Posts: 21
    Try him in bgs & high tier wars mate, then say if he needs a buff or not 🙂
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★

Look, I love Ghost Rider as much as anyone. He was my first 5* Ascension before Magik and Quake, because I was still yet to pull a 6* version. His Life Steal and Damnation are both incredibly powerful.

And as a fellow GR-devotee I'm also aware that he doesn't really need the Blade synergy against #Villains.

He is a perfectly useable Questing champion, if you're not in a hurry. I still use him for questing, to this day.

He's not useless. However, he is outdated:
    - his damage is low
    - he's got zero defensive value
    - if you don't rotate through an SP3, his SP1 and SP2 do absolutely nothing after the first use.
    - his unreliability was acceptable back in 2016; but really isn't, in 2024. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a champion with a significant ability (other than inflicting bleeds on critical hits) with a 65% chance of success?

his judgements should be reliable against everyone, and should gain Potency against #Villains.

Or, if you want a longer suggestion, see below - main changes to his Sig/Special Attacks:

Ghost Rider

Health 32160
    Attack 2380

Passive

A bloodless skeleton wreathed in Hellfire, Ghost rider is immune to Bleed and Incinerate effects; and Poison effects from non-Mystical opponents suffer -70% Potency.

Bane of Evil
    Against #Villain opponents, Ghost Rider gains +15% to his Attack, Armour and Critical rating
    #Villain opponents passively suffer -10% Power Rate for each Judgement upon them. This reduces both Combat and Ability Power Gain.
    Heroes are less vulnerable to the Spirit of Vengeance: against #Hero opponents, all Judgements apart from the Judgment of Guilt suffer -15% Ability accuracy (most heroes feel guilty about something...)

Judgements
    Ghost Riders judgements are triggered by certain actions or combos. Judgements last indefinitely when placed, but can only be placed once. When a judgment is placed, Ghost Rider causes a secondary effect (Fury, Bleed, etc) that gains +75% duration for each Judgement already in effect when it is placed. Immunity to the secondary effect does not prevent Ghost Rider from placing Judgements.
    The list of Ghost Rider's Judgments, and their secondary effects is:
    • Complete MLLLL combo: Judgment of Spite - Inflict Bleed, causing 3123 damage over 3 seconds.
    • Complete MLLLM combo: Judgement of Corruption - Gain Fury buff, +2856 Attack for 9 seconds
    • Heavy attack: Judgment of Malice - gain a Lifesteal passive, enabling Ghost Rider to Steal 804 Health on each Attack. Lifesteal does not generate health against #Robots.
    • Hit opponent with Special-1 Attack: Judgment of Pride - Inflict Fate Seal for 6 seconds.
    • Hit opponent with Special-2 Attack: Judgment of Anger - Inflict power drain debuff removing 20% of the opponent's Maximum Power over 2 seconds.
    • Hit opponent with Special-3 Attack: Judgment of Guilt - Inflict Damnation upon the opponent for 5 seconds. Damnation causes 1572 damage, and also inflicts Fate Seal, Heal Block and Power Lock.
      When Damnation ends, remove all Judgements from the opponent. This does not remove any active secondary effects.
    Special Attacks
    SP1 - Inflict Judgment of Pride.
    If this Judgment is already active, instead Nullify one buff for each two Judgments on the opponent (rounded up).
    SP2 - Inflict Judgment of Anger.
    Additionally, inflict Incinerate for 5228 damage over five seconds. Incinerate Potency increases by +25% for each Judgement on the opponent.
    SP3 - Inflict Judgment of Guilt. This attack refreshes any other secondary effects that are active when it is placed.

Signature ability: Penance stare
    Each Judgement active on the opponent increases Ghost Rider's Offensive combat power rate by 12%.
    Additionally, the damage inflicted by Damnation is increased by 100%, except when fighting #Hero opponents.

This would be the perfect buff, please Kabam