**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Not getting Units from Arena Crystals

CerebriumCerebrium Posts: 84
edited May 26 in General Discussion
Has anyone been getting Units from their Arena Crystals? I have spent more than 200K arena crystals this week and all I got was Gold.

The information said 15% chance on getting units and 83% on gold. But seems like always getting gold.

So just wondering if anyone else actually received units

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,376 ★★★★

It's all down to RNG. Just stick to the regular 2k cost crystals.

I've opened 50 without getting anything but gold, but I've also opened 5 and gotten 225 units.

It's a roll of the dice.

Yes always go for regular arena crystals if you want units it will be less painful
  • Options
    Thanks, I will try the regular 2K ones and see 🤞
  • Options
    MoneylessMercMoneylessMerc Posts: 20
    edited May 26
    Cerebrium said:

Thanks, I will try the regular 2K ones and see 🤞

Just try to keep in mind, every crystal is its own dice roll - imagine trying to land a 1 on a 6-sided dice consistently (really 6.66). It will seem like you're getting screwed sometimes, but eventually your luck will come around.

If you save up a LOT of battle chips and do one big opening (again, of the small 2k crystals) you're far more likely to see the listed odds pan out the way you expect.
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 137
    I've done arena for the past 8 days, got 1350 units from 0. From objectives and 2k arena crystals.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 638 ★★★
    About 1400 units this week, after milestones in 4* and 6* arena x 2...which means about 300 units from BC...not fantastic, but perfectly fine...rng.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 267 ★★
    I just opened 40 basic arena crystals and got 240 units
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,788 ★★★★★
    Cerebrium said:

Has anyone been getting Units from their Arena Crystals? I have spent more than 200K arena crystals this week and all I got was Gold.

The information said 15% chance on getting units and 83% on gold. But seems like always getting gold.

So just wondering if anyone else actually received basic arena crystals, I

Cerebrium said:

I don't grind arenas much. When I did a little grind, I've gotten most units from the smaller arena crystals, NONE from UC and TB . After a few missed shots at the higher 2, I decided to stick with the smaller arena crystals. The UC and TB seems like a way to drain your battlechips in exchange for very little to no unit rewards.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    Cerebrium said:

Given that you later say you’ll give the base crystals a try, I’m going to assume you were opening UC crystals (if you were opening TB crystals that would only be four of them). 200k worth of UC crystals is 20 crystals. 15% of 20 is three. Striking out and getting none is not very improbable if you’re only opening 20. It’ll happen about once every 26 such openings. Uncommon, but it happens to lots of players.

I have been measuring the drop rates of UC and TB crystals continuously since the beginning of 2020. The drop rates of both crystals has consistently had a long term average reasonably close to the published drop odds. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower, but averaging out to the same values over time. Every year, every quarter, before big sales, after big sales, fluctuating randomly within the expected statistical limits.
  • Options
    DamageFactionDamageFaction Posts: 92
    Hoarding crystals makes no difference, you can only open 10 at a time so the odds reset with 10 you open which is Kabam’s way of making sure you can’t overcome the low odds by sheer numerical superiority. I tend to revive units pretty often from BC crystals but usually for relatively small amounts like 10, 20 no more than 30.
  • Options

Hoarding crystals makes no difference, you can only open 10 at a time so the odds reset with 10 you open which is Kabam’s way of making sure you can’t overcome the low odds by sheer numerical superiority. I tend to revive units pretty often from BC crystals but usually for relatively small amounts like 10, 20 no more than 30.

There's no difference between popping ten at a time and spinning one at a time, except for how long it takes. When you pop ten, in the background the server is just opening ten crystals one at a time and then sending the result to your game client.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,272 Guardian

…so the odds reset with 10 you open which is Kabam’s way of making sure you can’t overcome the low odds by sheer numerical superiority…

Above is the concerning portion of that last remark.

This is how we get the occasional statement “if the odds to pull Units is 15%, and I open 7 crystals, I should automatically be getting one of them to be Units, right ?” **NOPE**

Odds don’t reset. And odds are not based on how many you open at a time as a group, or even how many individual ones you continue to open bak-2-bak-2-bak (or totally separately).
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,461 ★★★★★
    I opened 10 TB ones got almost 2500 units recently yay RNG
  • Options

…so the odds reset with 10 you open which is Kabam’s way of making sure you can’t overcome the low odds by sheer numerical superiority…

Above is the concerning portion of that last remark.

This is how we get the occasional statement “if the odds to pull Units is 15%, and I open 7 crystals, I should automatically be getting one of them to be Units, right ?” **NOPE**

Odds don’t reset. And odds are not based on how many you open at a time as a group, or even how many individual ones you continue to open bak-2-bak-2-bak (or totally separately).
    Well, technically the odds reset on every crystal, in the sense that crystals do not have a memory, and do not change what they drop based on what prior crystals dropped. The odds of an arena crystal dropping units is the same whether the previous ten were all units, or the previous ten contained no units.

Even if you're someone that just doesn't understand odds, I don't know why you would think your odds of getting units depend on your previous crystals. You're not the only person opening crystals. Why should the odds of your arena crystal dropping units depend only on your previous crystals? Why doesn't it also depend on what everyone else got. If the last hundred arena crystals opened on the server all contained units, does that mean you have a better chance of not getting units? If the last hundred crystals failed to drop units, does that mean you have a higher chance of getting units? If so, how would you ever know whether your next crystal has better or worse odds if you don't know what everyone else opened recently?
  • Options
    Resternboy32Resternboy32 Posts: 163
    Believe it or not, out of 2 regular arena crystals, I got 15 units, and an energy refill. That was pretty good luck.
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 242
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/367715/efficient-unit-grind-in-the-arena-1640-units-week

because WAAAAAAYYYY better people than I have rocked off significant math on. this...

and yeah, open the lesser Arena crystals. RNG is mitigates over many more individual instances of "x% chance". and it also seems like smaller but more consistent Unit drops calm the impatient monkey brain. that last part may just be me, though.
  • Options
    Resternboy32Resternboy32 Posts: 163

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/367715/efficient-unit-grind-in-the-arena-1640-units-week

because WAAAAAAYYYY better people than I have rocked off significant math on. this...

and yeah, open the lesser Arena crystals. RNG is mitigates over many more individual instances of "x% chance". and it also seems like smaller but more consistent Unit drops calm the impatient monkey brain. that last part may just be me, though.

🤣
  • Options
    I have tried converting BC using the 2K option, and got 75 units from 50k BC. So seems to get better ROI using the lower 2K option