Spring of Sorrow onslaught proves that AI has gotten worse

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Who is everyone, cause people I know are soloing no problem, maybe instead of saying everyone simply say you are struggling and maybe you’ll get tips

Even Karatemike has been getting light intercepted randomly all morning, this isn't a skill issue, it's definitely an AI issue. Not only that but the random parries and side stepping too.
    Dude I was getting so tight lol
    Oh I could tell, ngl though I was laughing pretty hard when you were trying Quicksilver, then crying cause I knew after stream ended it was my turn 💀
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    The Ai is too passive to my liking for this fight I could have done better here but I am unable to properly intercept
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Member Posts: 342 ★★
    I just want to know why these enemies are all mechanically designed to gimp us as players or champs we are told to use for these challenges isn't 1.3 million HP with a few nodes enough challenge given the right combination? Apparently not and then we also have to add the wonky AI doing some wild sidestepping and might as well just call it perfect dexing cause I have never seen such moves from the AI his unstop ends and I try to punish only to punch air.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    edited May 30

BigBlueOx said:

Who is everyone, cause people I know are soloing no problem, maybe instead of saying everyone simply say you are struggling and maybe you’ll get tips

Even Karatemike has been getting light intercepted randomly all morning, this isn't a skill issue, it's definitely an AI issue. Not only that but the random parries and side stepping too.
    Completely agree. I’ve been saying these last few updates to the AI added situational loading to the rolls, and I think this is the fight that proves that point.

By adding Pass the Buck to a fight designed to force intercepts for openings they created an AI profile that’s less aggressive with dashing, oh and because that’s a power sting the AI is also passive with specials. Resulting in players getting pushed to their wall and getting limited space to intercept. The nodes woulda been fine with last years AI… but with this AI it’s a horror show. All in all it’s an AI RNG poop show.

Yeah today's public enemy #1 was the AI, not the nodes. I hope this somehow helps them start making changes to the AI cause this was absolutely ridiculous, I can understand a whiff or missed intercept here and there but ten in a row and then getting parried or dexed while he's cornered is just straight up absurd.
    It’s a rubbish AI that does things well beyond what should be allowable. Two objectives managed with a half dozen revives (plus one after getting cheaped with Onslaught at 2%, but that’s par for the game) and it’s just wonky—I dread the DKG fights. Light intercepts, snap lights, uncanny evades and passive AI that turtles out power stings—and that’s on top of already crappy mechanics issues.

Best thing about this fight? Being forced to learn evading the Sp1.

Dr. Zola
  • Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Member Posts: 185 ★★

This is more of the issue. I'll throw in the special timing changes and the overly quick recovery after he throws a heavy or special.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
    The special intercept after he medium dashes and you evade that dash is the worst. Why can't I do that too?

Also that power sting is a bit pointless without some taunt in the node, as it's the only time he won't throw his specials.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 874 ★★★★
    There have been many posts in the forums about janky AI ignored and criticized by many. Onslaught’s AI has long been identified as one of the worst.

In the end the player base always screws itself and I’m here for it. I did get the solo’s though.
  • ZolobacsiZolobacsi Member Posts: 123 ★★
    Minkl3 said:

I don't have king groot deathless, possible to still get all milestones?

Yes, that's a "bonus". Although you are not missing much, that was the most awful amongst all.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Member Posts: 312 ★★★
    edited May 30
    This is very bad AI and it's sad that it's not being acknowledged.

They said they fixed it this time of year a couple years back, but it's either worse or just as bad as prior.

But radio silence scarea me that maybe they just don't know how or if they can fix it.

But it's disheartening when even a talented person like MSD and KarateMike and many more are showing how bad the A.I. is in this game during livestreams. These are top players too.

- Mando
  • FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★
    In my experience of fighting Onslaught with multiple champions, there is glaring difference between willingness of big bad to throw specials against champions of different sizes with different dash back animations.
    Trying to bait out specials with Deathless King groot was the most painful experience i ever had of baiting specials.
    But as soon as i finished with objective and tried Warlock and Cap IW for carina challenges, Onslaught started using sp1 like infuriated! How convenient!
    And they said that they pushed fix to make baiting specials easier when playing #XL. What a joke
  • Haloman312Haloman312 Member Posts: 13
    Bendy said:

Can't medium intercept because his light intercepts take priority.
    Can't light intercept because his medium intercepts take priority.
    Can't dash back because he intercepts with specials and break dexterity,
    Can't punish heavy attacks because he intercepts.
    Can't punish heavy attack because he dashes back.
    Can't safely launch special because he goes unstoppable during the last hit and intercepts even if the special connects.

So how is this supposed to be done? Without any of these bugs of course

That last point is that true as my dkg sp1 connected but i thought he magically dexed out of it like people saw with onslaught sp2 getting dash backed after being hit, and its actually him going unstoppable thats so confusing

The exact same thing happened to me as well..
    Especially when I used the sp1 to intercept onslaught dash attack… Also happens when you dash back and use sp1.. completely ignored the 3rd hit and proceeded to pummel my champ
    PT_99 said:

The amount of time this **** has light intercepted me after trying to punish his sp1 is crazy,
    You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

Even when you try to intercept, he will hold block only to light intercept you into 5 combo into sp1

Don't even talk about sp2 as he KNOWS that it's on reverse control so he will conviently only throw when you're dexing back to trip your timing.

You can punish his heavy but the timing is tight. You can also punish his SP1 (need to dash in) and SP2. Look up Trappy’s channel or I can upload a video.

The issue isn’t his kit or the nodes, it’s his horrible AI that should have been fixed (which is an extension of generally bad AI).

MSD and KM should have been saying this in multiple streams but they don’t. This Onslaught AI is the standard one. Any, Trappy, Lags, and even some Kabam devs have been complaining about AI for months. It actually seems to get worse every build.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

The amount of time this **** has light intercepted me after trying to punish his sp1 is crazy,
    You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

Even when you try to intercept, he will hold block only to light intercept you into 5 combo into sp1

Don't even talk about sp2 as he KNOWS that it's on reverse control so he will conviently only throw when you're dexing back to trip your timing.

You can punish his heavy but the timing is tight. You can also punish his SP1 (need to dash in) and SP2. Look up Trappy’s channel or I can upload a video.

The issue isn’t his kit or the nodes, it’s his horrible AI that should have been fixed (which is an extension of generally bad AI).

MSD and KM should have been saying this in multiple streams but they don’t. This Onslaught AI is the standard one. Any, Trappy, Lags, and even some Kabam devs have been complaining about AI for months. It actually seems to get worse every build.
    Try to punish his heavy, and he most probably throw another in a row.
    Punish his sp 1? He'll just parry you nd place a daunted.
    Punish his sp 2? You first have to recover from reverse controls lol
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

No he doesn’t have time to throw another heavy. If you go in as soon as his unstoppable ends you can punish his heavy consistently
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,932 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

No he doesn’t have time to throw another heavy. If you go in as soon as his unstoppable ends you can punish his heavy consistently
    That's not true. There is a high chance he will either intercept or dash back, even if you attack exactly at the right moment every single time. You will only be able to hit him if he attempts to dash in that moment, which is a low chance it happens. Is not consistent, its RNG
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    I tried when I got home from work yesterday, about every objective option I had at reasonable ranks (CapIW, Diablo, Herc, DKG) and I was getting clobbered every single time. Eventually ran out of energy, got pissed an decided I'd try tomorrow.

It was like I was doing no damage whatsoever no matter who I used. As much as I tried to avoid getting a Dauntless, I somehow always got one on me. I then realized this wasn't going to be a quick fight like some of the WoW fights (think I beat Nebula with Odin in like 3 mins) and these fights are going to take me like a minimum of 10 mins each (last time it took me that long was Sandman for AbsMan). But also like Iron Fist when his fight came out 2 weeks ago, I couldn't make a dent for the life of me or get the fight rotation down, but then I went in a day or two later and got 2 solos and just one where I had to use a revive. I guess a fresh, relaxed mind makes a difference...I'm hoping it'll be the same with this fight. But yea, whoever said this Onslaught had Terminator-levels of AI predictability was right.
    Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

It is possible, but also very risky. If you watch some of Simula’s videos (or maybe Sammy) you can see instances where Onslaught throws up to 3 consecutive heavies. Apparently, he’s now Doom as well as Nightcrawler.

I also say this as I keep working on the DKG fight—he behaves quite differently depending on the attacker. I thought I would try R2 QS on him. He waited out debuffs with great patience and refused to be baited. With Shang he was special happy. With Herc he played a game of snap lights and shallow evades.

Dr. Zola
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

he behaves quite differently depending on the attacker. I thought I would try R2 QS on him. He waited out debuffs with great patience and refused to be baited. With Shang he was special happy. With Herc he played a game of snap lights and shallow evades.

Dr. Zola
    Seems about right.

With Quicksilver: "There'll be nothing quick about this fight..."
    With Shang: "I'm going to overwhelm this meager Skill champion with my Mutant powers"
    With Herc: "Two can play the little intercept cheese game you're known for"

- Onslaught, probably

DrZola said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

he behaves quite differently depending on the attacker. I thought I would try R2 QS on him. He waited out debuffs with great patience and refused to be baited. With Shang he was special happy. With Herc he played a game of snap lights and shallow evades.

Dr. Zola
    Seems about right.

With Quicksilver: "There'll be nothing quick about this fight..."
    With Shang: "I'm going to overwhelm this meager Skill champion with my Mutant powers"
    With Herc: "Two can play the little intercept cheese game you're known for"

- Onslaught, probably
    100% hahaha. DKG is even better:

“Did you not get the ‘big guy moves like Jagger’ upgrade? Pity, poor little shrub…”

- Onslaught, definitely

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

It is possible, but also very risky. If you watch some of Simula’s videos (or maybe Sammy) you can see instances where Onslaught throws up to 3 consecutive heavies. Apparently, he’s now Doom as well as Nightcrawler.

I also say this as I keep working on the DKG fight—he behaves quite differently depending on the attacker. I thought I would try R2 QS on him. He waited out debuffs with great patience and refused to be baited. With Shang he was special happy. With Herc he played a game of snap lights and shallow evades.

Dr. Zola
    Fair enough, it does seem like the AI behavior changes a lot. I was able to consistently punish his heavy on certain fights, but maybe he’s behaving differently for others. With how trashy his AI is, I wouldn’t doubt it.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 421 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Just because you get a solo doesn't mean the AI doesn't suck. I would have had a solo with DKG, but the game decided my light attack was now going to be a heavy attack when onslaught was at 1000 health left. That's a separate issue though. Half of the 10 minute fight was just baiting onslaughts specials. He was really stingy and going for the blocked hits also wasn't safe since he can just decide to special intercept you if he so desires. His AI royally sucks in that fight
    @Pikolu was there any particular start with onslaught? Or was it just get 10 armour breaks and do sp3?
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★
    I'm happy I learned to dex his specials rooted during crush season because that skill came in handy dexing his sp1s like amdman while I was cornered
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,932 ★★★★★
    I think it's safe to assume at this point that this requires some sort of compensation ... is just a straight up BS of an AI

PT_99 said:

You can't parry
    You can't punish heavy
    You can't punish sp1

This is known as a skill issue.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Member Posts: 210 ★★
    I’ve really enjoyed learning to dex Onslaughts sp1 for this fight, and actually had times when I got a rhythm and had some good (and fun) runs. But yeah, his behaviour is just straight up trash.

It’s been said to death on this thread already but it’s so frustrating! Or maybe I’m really just that bad (yeah, almost certainly a bit of that too!).
    Kabam on their way to ignore this thread
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    Honestly. If you add aggressive node of this Onslaught that might resolve the ai issue