A very roundabout way to tune down Onslaught

2»

Comments

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★

Everything that's not poison immune is IBOMnable.
    I'm getting the onslaught solo until i die

Kudos to you, Warrior.

The world will remember you. Your journey was so ibomna..... I mean memorable
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Stopped trying to ban him in bg

Obviously not the best health finish but i almost ended the fight at 90%. Just played too aggressive when he was close to sp1 and didn’t manage to dex the initial hit. But overall i’m confident enough to dex his sp1 multiple times so he seems less scary.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

"Well designed"? It's pretty much a base Onslaught fight with some energy resistance so you don't die to neuroshock, which is like the bare minimum.

Then you have stylish and dulled to make it so the crush passive comes round more often unless you have a bunch of buffs, but with that you have the cost of less crits and less damage. That would be an interesting wrinkle if they didn't then slap on heavy hitter so now a champ you already can't parry and kills you through your block on specials can't be heavy baited, so there is 0 point in blocking him at any point in the fight, dulled is just a flat nerf instead of a more interesting risk/reward, and Stylish may as well not exist because the crush passive has no relevance.

Ultimately it's a regular Onslaught fight where neuroshock is less impactful and you can't bait heavies or crit. Not exactly pushing the envelope.

You just explained why it's a well designed fight so people learn how to dex his special while trying to disprove my claim. Interesting. Not everything has to be the best thing since sliced bread.
    It's a well designed fight because they didn't do anything interesting with it and made a fight where you have to dex his SP1 (READ: you have to fight an Onslaught with a big health bar)? The fact that a bunch of nodes are made redundant by heavy hitter is good design, is it?

In your mind, how would this be a poorly designed fight? If they did the bare minimum and slapped on the energy resist node and called it a day would you have praised the revolutionary simplicity in making the player learn to dex Onslaught's specials?
  • FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I still wonder why Onslaught wasn’t rebalanced

Because any champ can take him if you play well enough
    Literally false statement and misinformation.
    #metal suffer tremendously against Onslaught because of inability to shrug off neuroshocks. Metal champions without sustain or huge energy resistance in-build eventually die against any Onslaught.
    Any champion who triggers immunities/resistances of Onslaught (against incinirate/shock for example) without having huge energy resistance to back it up die really fast.
    Anyone who tried Shang-chi against SOS Onslaught now know exact price for criting too much against this BS of defender.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,857 ★★★★★
    I think it would be genuinely interesting to see some stats about Onslaught's kill rate in BGs/War, before and after this challenge.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 483 ★★★

I think it would be genuinely interesting to see some stats about Onslaught's kill rate in BGs/War, before and after this challenge.

Yeah. His sp1 dex is so easy now. I think him and dani were good fights