Sooo maybe Kabam miike leaving wasn't planned..

PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
edited May 31 in General Discussion
Ngl this makes me super nervous

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Man i was so ready for this stream aswell to see animations, effects they do a little tease and wont see that now till after update
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

Does this mean the game is gonna die?

No

I doubt it. But it's not great. And middle of the week is a poor decision. Just push it a week
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

They better at least give us a forums update with next months side qjest stuff on friday and not wait till the day it's supposed to go live. 😐

They posted it as a forum post now

First, KM's departure is none of our business.
    Second, you folks need to stop setting your hair on fire. It's embarrassing.
    Third, there could be dozens of reasons KM left and that the stream was postponed, and those reason could be connected or not. But what I do know is that assuming the answer with almost no information is a dumb move.

Pandingo said:

Sorry. I have ten years and sadly half a house worth of money invested into the game. Call me paranoid. I accept it.

Pro tip: When someone announces their exit on their personal account and not on company letterhead, and especially 2 days after their last login, it's not a 2 week notice and goodbye party in the break room deal.
    Good point
  • AinyAiny Member Posts: 255 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

They better at least give us a forums update with next months side qjest stuff on friday and not wait till the day it's supposed to go live. 😐

They did that on Fridays way before they started streaming, so unless something else happened behind the scenes, they'll definitely release the infor tomorrow

Pandingo said:

Sorry. I have ten years and sadly half a house worth of money invested into the game. Call me paranoid. I accept it.

True, and sad at the same time. I wish I could go back and not spend money on this. I'm trying to learn to not spend on digital items, and just buy physical stuff.
    That's where I'm at too. Did it get me through years of hardships? Family deaths, suicides, loneliness? Absolutely. The game was both therapy and comradery and you can't replace that. Another way I'm so invested. But now that I'm to be married and looking at houses and a career and family I really wish I had a better outlet. But I'm not a big spender now just the high holidays lol
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,083 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Ahh yes the game will die cuz a stream is postponed and one of the employees left the company.
    Nailed it. Lol. The big concern is why. He was a no bull kind of guy. And part of my og alliance in the very beginning. So why did someone so invested just drop. And why didn't they see it coming so bad they need to put a pause on something so simple
    I think it's not planned, something of a more personal reason for miike. Anyways let's hope he have a better professional future.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

First, KM's departure is none of our business.
    Second, you folks need to stop setting your hair on fire. It's embarrassing.
    Third, there could be dozens of reasons KM left and that the stream was postponed, and those reason could be connected or not. But what I do know is that assuming the answer with almost no information is a dumb move.

Aren't you saucy. Did I ask why? No I didn't. Pull out whatever is going on and lighten up. I have every right to be speculative and concerned. You don't have a right to tell me my rights.
    Nah, I tend to agree with Colin on this. As much as I understand (and also feel) the curiosity and concern for Miike, there are a lot of reasons why a person leaves a job. And none of them are our business.

Nobody’s telling you your rights. Miike had a public face here and so it’s totally natural to want to know, but ultimately this is his life and he can choose how much or how little of it he wants to share with a bunch of strangers on the internet.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 738 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

someone leaving doesn't necessarily mean the game is in trouble or shutting down. people leave for all kinds of reasons including person ones. now if the ceo and a bunch of c-suite executives left that might mean something else.
    Wicket329 said:

Pandingo said:

someone leaving doesn't necessarily mean the game is in trouble or shutting down. people leave for all kinds of reasons including person ones. now if the ceo and a bunch of c-suite executives left that might mean something else.
    I’d be worried if I saw champ/quest designers leaving. Actual hands on game devs. As long as they’re still around, the game will be fine.
    I'll be only worried if kabam was taken over by some corporation with some hidden political agenda. Otherwise the game will stay safe and thrive lol.

Pandingo said:

And isn't it a norm nowadays in tech field to leave a company atleast once a five years? I know many people who shift high paying jobs constantly to learn new stuffs and grow in career and all, idk why they do though.
    ahmynuts said:

Pandingo said:

And isn't it a norm nowadays in tech field to leave a company atleast once a five years? I know many people who shift high paying jobs constantly to learn new stuffs and grow in career and all, idk why they do though.
    It really depends on if the company you're at is treating you well (or like a human) the reason people on the tech field attempt to job hop so much is because they are overworked, undervalued, and in many cases their pay doesn't change that much for how long they've been at a company or for how much they do and look elsewhere for higher pay and better opportunities
    The exact kind of motivation I need at Final year of CSE😭
This discussion has been closed.