Any other Deathless Guillotine geeks out there? (Haters are welcome too 😌)

2Β»

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,195 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 31

Azdef said:

She is definitely fun to play! Archangel might still have the highest DPS ( though she might have the highest DPS for a 7* )

Kate bishop has the highest dps
    We're talking about short-mid range fights, so no she does not
    But with all respect, post a sub 15s Kate war fight and we'll continue the discussion
    Though we can't compare my R3 to an Ascended 6 accurately tbf.. but what I can say is that by the time Kate throws an sp1.. Guilly is already often doing 20k plus Degen per second and that's not including the basic attacks themselves

I don't play Kate, but have alliance mates who do and have seen lots of footage.. iirc one sp1 ticks for 4-5k damage per second?
    Aragorn63 said:

This also points out that…damage…matters.

Her kit is simple, but effective. And I enjoy her animations. Fun to use. Take Cap Sam Wilson. Great kit.

But I can’t get the damage I’d like out of him. Fights take longer (not fun in itself) so more things can go wrong.

I’m not saying every champ same damage level, but especially in competitive modes, great kits don’t get used if damage isn’t sufficient. Basic kits get used more. Hyperion very simple as another example.

Note Sam can be a good defender. But keep to sp1 and not that hard. DG just works. And simple change to degen was brilliant. So so so simple and look at the impact…..

Very true.. and what I try to explain is the value of Damage as it's own Utility - often the defender doesn't even get to throw a single special.. let alone have time to become an issue.. damage can bypass the need for a "hard counter" to a fight - I see many people focus too much on trying to fit a perfect counter on their war teams.. to me the best war fight is a war fight that's finished, when the objective is to win the fight and get out without dying.. the faster the better

The longer you are in a war fight, the more opportunity there is to make a mistake, have a lag spike or input issue or just have the AI decide it's going to stop cooperating, etc. And many defender and nodes abilities require a little time to develop and many esculate the longer the fight goes on - Damage is the top criteria for selecting war attackers for me

I basically view her as a war attacker or a BG attacker (undoubtedly superior with Recoils, so actually better in war than BGs specifically because we cannot separate defensive and offensive masteries in BG)
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223 β˜…

Azdef said:

She is definitely fun to play! Archangel might still have the highest DPS ( though she might have the highest DPS for a 7* )

Ah yes, how could I forget her!
  • Thokk150Thokk150 Member Posts: 89 β˜…

She did all the heavy lifting in my Incursions run.

I'm having a ton of trouble in mine, what hacks did you get?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    How much damage increase will she get with a 5*/6* GR relic?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Azdef said:

But with all respect, post a sub 15s Kate war fight and we'll continue the discussion
    Though we can't compare my R3 to an Ascended 6 accurately tbf.. but what I can say is that by the time Kate throws an sp1.. Guilly is already often doing 20k plus Degen per second and that's not including the basic attacks themselves

I don't play Kate, but have alliance mates who do and have seen lots of footage.. iirc one sp1 ticks for 4-5k damage per second?
    Wars don't have power shield node, do they? lol.

Well I think gully and kate do different things, But once you launched a sp1, kate can consistently do 3k damage per tick (Around 10k per tick per coldsnap when max ramped and class advantage lol. But yeah, in small fights gully is better unless there's power shield/purify nodes.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don't use her much myself, but I was impressed by how well she tackled Dani in WoW a few weeks ago. Other than that, I've heard good things from her from an ally mate of mine. I think he took his 7* to r3 even before the Dani fight/he duped her. He just loves her to death.

Azdef said:

Wars don't have power shield node, do they? lol.

Well I think gully and kate do different things, But once you launched a sp1, kate can consistently do 3k damage per tick (Around 10k per tick per coldsnap when max ramped and class advantage lol. But yeah, in small fights gully is better unless there's power shield/purify nodes.
    Yeah, she sounds fun for Power Shield (the original - 2.0v is whack haha no DOT).. I just recently used Sinister for Power Shield.. he's pretty fun too for it
    edited June 1
    Ercarret said:

I don't use her much myself, but I was impressed by how well she tackled Dani in WoW a few weeks ago. Other than that, I've heard good things from her from an ally mate of mine. I think he took his 7* to r3 even before the Dani fight/he duped her. He just loves her to death.

Nice! Yeah, idk if your friend runs Recoils, but they are a game changer for her
    I been spamming my alliance war chat with with footage or screenshots of sub 15s kills.. I know at least one officer is joining the R3 Guilly Gang lol, trying to recruit more πŸ™ƒ
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Member Posts: 459 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Have her as a 7* R3 on my main (used a R3 mystic gem because I didn't get Chavez so far) and a 7* R2 on my 2nd account.

I really like her and how quickly she can end fights when you crit. Deathless KG is also awesome. Hoping the same for deathless Vision.
  • knupdiputsknupdiputs Member Posts: 42 β˜…

She did all the heavy lifting in my Incursions run.

What hacks were you using?
    All the degen/damaging debuff hacks & Strategic Movement. The others didn’t matter much.
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,809 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

We have our first hater (disagree) step out from the shadows, sir/madam and state your opinion

They're too afraid. They just give u negative just for the sake of it. I have had negatives just for asking a question.

Anyway, how do u use her?
    Tips? Suggestions?
    edited June 2
    doctorb said:

We have our first hater (disagree) step out from the shadows, sir/madam and state your opinion

They're too afraid. They just give u negative just for the sake of it. I have had negatives just for asking a question.

Anyway, how do u use her?
    Tips? Suggestions?
    Sure, she's very simple (part of the beauty).. first thing I'd suggest is use her with Recoils if at all possible - the way she is designed to work with her Souls mechanic means the faster you begin to remove health from the opponent, the faster your Souls build.. and the faster your Souls build, the harder you hit.. it's a snowball effect - it's how she ends fights so quickly

So playing her with Recoils is like unlocking more potential by working directly with how she was built.. and no worries at all on the detrimental effects of Recoils as her Life Steal scales with her damage - works perfectly

Playing her in BG (only need Recoil off in BG if you're playing competitively - having them on for milestones is completely fine) or just don't want to turn Recoils on? That's ok too, she will still slap, just not at her full potential

Other than masteries, just use crit stat focus and use her for short to mid range fights.. she can do just fine in long fights, but short to mid range are her bread and butter as her Souls work on percentage of health removed - she's ok in long fights, but it's just not what she was meant for (Think of Corvus and Proxima.. she is Corvus and Guillotine 2099 is Proxima in this scenario - Deathless for short/mid fights and G99 for long)

Play aggressively to take full advantage of her Soul mechanic, but it's not required..
    Sp2 places a 200% Spectre which will reverse healing if needed, though it is a Debuff so keep that in mind
    Sp3 will deal 2% damage for each Soul when fired.. can end a fight with it in the right scenario
    edited June 2
    Oh, recommend GR Relic when possible.. though she often kills things before she fills her Relic lol depending on her Rank, Masteries, HP of the Defender and if there's a Spirit Gauge Buff active

To give a relatable example of her speed as an R3 with Recoils.. she averages about +/- 20s on ROL Capt Marvel.. in this fight she barely makes it to her Relic usually
    edited June 3
    Keep trying to post footage, but goes to approval, then never shows up.. but can do screenshots
    Just got DKG finally.. Spoiler Alert: He friggin slaps even at R1 🀩

The second one is Visions health bar melting from 30% on the sp2.. was 200k+ I think?

Going straight to 2 as soon as I scrape together the resources.. the Synergy with Guilly is lit too (just like our friend Vision here)