Kabam, have you given up?

WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 513 ★★★
edited June 4 in General Discussion
It's a serious question... I've seen countless complaints on this Onlasught AI and not a single Moderator response.

Since the update the AI has gotten even WORSE. I have just been parried while punishing CGRs sp1, never has this happened before.

The AI recover so much faster than us and its blatantly obvious Kabam either are incapable of fixing this or they just don't care because it is getting worse with every update.

If anyone wants to see just how bad it is, have a run with Bullseye... when he triggers his killer instinct on defence you're done, you can't block or dex his follow up combo but when using him on attack the AI is parrying/dexing out.

This has been going on for way too long, how hard can it possibly be to fix? It's your own damn AI 😂 it's just embarrassing at this point
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,831 ★★★★★
    Tell them how to fix it faster.
    edited June 4
    PT_99 said:

By same speed they fix bugs which benefits players
    Or even half will work
    🙄🙄🙄🙄 Yes. Because they are the exact same type of bug. You're ridiculous.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Or even half will work
    To be fair it’s easier to fix a issue such as store bug where players are getting more shards then it is a.i. So the response to fix will be different.
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 546 ★★★
    There's a butterfly effect in coding: Everything you modify has the potential to change something else, forseen and unforseen, up and down the chain...
    Asim38 said:

When you have a problem, the first step is always acknowledging that yes there is a problem. Can't just make a problem to be the same as the previous problem. The community has been quite elaborate in explaining the problems. The community doesn't just say "the AI is out of context." For example, there was a thread where someone from the community went to great depths of explaining the AI was skipping frames which I don't recall being resolved. I could be wrong and maybe there was acknowledgment. Yes I have seen the Trello board too where the AI related bugs are open. But how much longer is the community expected to remain patient with these bugs?

Its unfortunate for Kabam (although Kabam should have known they were opening the can of worms) that some major PITA defenders were released back to back which even further highlighted the AI related issues. And to be fair, the combination of AI issues makes the overall problem larger than it would be if they weren't boosting each other even further. For example, super passive AI + input not being acknowledged (e.g. you swipe but you are just standing there and take a pounding) + AI jumping frames = disaster. Add in tougher defenders + extremely annoying node combinations and you have a perfect storm.

When you have a problem, you solve it. When you have a BIG problem on your hands, you break it down into smaller problems and solve them one by one. At least show some progression. What we are seeing feels like nothing is being done. And THAT is a problem.

How can you say they haven't acknowledged it when I posted 2 screenshots of Jax acknowledging it?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    Asim38 said:

Asim38 said:

When you have a problem, the first step is always acknowledging that yes there is a problem. Can't just make a problem to be the same as the previous problem. The community has been quite elaborate in explaining the problems. The community doesn't just say "the AI is out of context." For example, there was a thread where someone from the community went to great depths of explaining the AI was skipping frames which I don't recall being resolved. I could be wrong and maybe there was acknowledgment. Yes I have seen the Trello board too where the AI related bugs are open. But how much longer is the community expected to remain patient with these bugs?

Its unfortunate for Kabam (although Kabam should have known they were opening the can of worms) that some major PITA defenders were released back to back which even further highlighted the AI related issues. And to be fair, the combination of AI issues makes the overall problem larger than it would be if they weren't boosting each other even further. For example, super passive AI + input not being acknowledged (e.g. you swipe but you are just standing there and take a pounding) + AI jumping frames = disaster. Add in tougher defenders + extremely annoying node combinations and you have a perfect storm.

When you have a problem, you solve it. When you have a BIG problem on your hands, you break it down into smaller problems and solve them one by one. At least show some progression. What we are seeing feels like nothing is being done. And THAT is a problem.

How can you say they haven't acknowledged it when I posted 2 screenshots of Jax acknowledging it?
    Was there an acknowledgment though? Read my second sentence again. It very clearly adds to the first one. All AI problems aren't the same and should not be treated as such which is exactly your screenshot says. They can be worked on independently to show progress.

Don't get me wrong. We have had some really good communication from Kabam too but it has been a while since we have heard something meaningful. I really don't see why we can't have a monthly statement released on where we are. Just a quick what AI issues are being looked at, what's in the queue, what's nearly complete, what's being tested, etc.

And YES I get that the AI issues are very complicated. The interaction of different champions with each other is very complex. The game is very deep. And I appreciate the effort Kabam has put forth in not only putting this game together but also keeping it running for over 9 years. But some of these AI related issues seem out of these complexities.
    They have been working on this though if people looked at patch notes https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/v44-1-release-notes/

They have been acknowledging everytime of the update they are working on like for example they are working on how often ai should use the parry mastery

I don't pretend to know anything about coding, because I don't...

The simple fact is Kabam are either doing something in the background and not telling us and it is majorly back firing or they aren't doing anything.

I've seen maybe 3 posts of changes in the last 12-months and yet the AI changes monthly, so is the AI out of control? Is Kabam trying and failing every single month and we're just the testers without knowing?

Unfortunately, these posts you're seeing constantly coming up aren't even the same complaints. I don't remember the last time I saw a 'dropped inputs' post, it's still a massive issue as it has been the last 3 years but it's the same issue, it isn't getting worse; AI is, constantly.

This has been an issue for MINIMUM 18-months, and when you look at the dropped inputs not being fixed for 3-years it is genuinely concerning. Do I keep spending with no light at the end of the tunnel because the AI will get worse and worse to the point where it is completely unplayable and now i've wasted MORE money?

As Emilia said, this is backlash for their poor performance... the complaints and backlash doesn't just stop because they acknowledged it, it stops when the problem is fixed and comes back when the same problem gets worse.

And kabam are still working on the ai monthly it just no fixes happen monthly as they gotta test builds make sure nothing else breaks if does it takes more months to work out a fix that doesnt cause an issue as last time they pushed a fix live before the may update they had to revert since they fixed the ai reparrying double mediums but ai didnt wanna throw specials so that fix got removed and they been working on a new one but these dont take monthly updates these take a lot of months and time since they dont want to break another thing which then they will have to fix

The simple fact is Kabam are either doing something in the background and not telling us and it is majorly back firing or they aren't doing anything.

"I don't pretend to know anything about coding" and the next sentence pretends to know something about coding. "Kabam is doing something in the background or not doing anything".

Miss when Mike was here and he gave updates on things going on and what they are doing to try and fix somethings

Miike has been gone for a week and he said the same things Jax said.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,158 ★★★★★
    Lokx said:

PT_99 said:

Or even half will work
    To be fair it’s easier to fix a issue such as store bug where players are getting more shards then it is a.i. So the response to fix will be different.
    It was a sarcastic jab because the other guy also said it in sarcasm, I hope so he did.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    I'm curious to see a Venn diagram of players that defend the AI and the players that are dropping $1000-2000 during major events, and how much those overlap, if at all.

I can see being a F2P player or mild spender and getting frustrated due to all these issues and using the argument "it's not that easy to fix," but for those of us who are huge spenders, this is becoming a bit more than frustrating.
    PT_99 said:

Lokx said:

PT_99 said:

Or even half will work
    It was a sarcastic jab because the other guy also said it in sarcasm, I hope so he did.
    Fair enough
    edited June 4
    PT_99 said:

Lokx said:

PT_99 said:

Or even half will work
    Fair enough

(Don’t know why it posted twice)
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 513 ★★★

I'm curious to see a Venn diagram of players that defend the AI and the players that are dropping $1000-2000 during major events, and how much those overlap, if at all.

I can see being a F2P player or mild spender and getting frustrated due to all these issues and using the argument "it's not that easy to fix," but for those of us who are huge spenders, this is becoming a bit more than frustrating.

Literally, I spend more than enough on this game and for a major like this to be a problem isn't okay.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Or even half will work
    Good lord. Why do you people spew this thing again and again with zero credibility other than your "oh poor players" mentlaity

"I don't pretend to know anything about coding" and the next sentence pretends to know something about coding. "Kabam is doing something in the background or not doing anything".
    Where did I pretend to understand coding?

It's really simply to understand what is going on wirhout knowing coding, here I'll spell it out:

1. Kabam ARE working on this, they're Adjusting the AI, letting it play out and HAT is the reason the AI is changing every single month.
    2. Kabam are NOT working on this and the AI is adapting and changing by itself.

Is there a third?

The problem is, as you've already said, we don't actually know what it is, Kabam aren't updating us to say whether they're working on it constantly or not, we just get a post once very 6-months saying 'we don't touch ai but we changed this one thing'

The reality is, if Kabam are working on it then history tells us we're the guinea pigs as we always are, no forewarning or even a heads up, just get forced to test things they can't be bothered to double check first and they hope for the best, these last 4 months of AW being a recent example.

Bad a.i bugs everyone, ftp have just as much frustration as spenders because they have to grind for resources only to lose them to terrible a.i.

The issue at present isn’t gonna be solved by 60 people creating post saying ‘a.i is terrible kabam needs to fix up’ etc. its reductive and helps kabam in no way. If the op posted issues specifically with a.i like the shallow dexing of onslaught then sure it would be a worth while post to engage in + helps kabam find a focus point.

However they have stated that they are aware of issues on the forum and can’t respond to people unless they have an update on the situation. It would be mentally taxing to have to go to every single new post that pops up and explain to people over again that they are aware of the issue and have no update at the moment. Especially since jax is a community manager and not a leading developer at kabam.

No game would forsaken their core mechanic because they just feel silly. If they had a fix for A.I they would implement it but at the moment trynna find a correct fix that won’t cause another issue takes time. People complain that a.i has been terrible for years but that’s not true, there have been a.i issues over the year but they have mostly been different and the cause have been different.

Also while not all. There are people who will be quick to blame a.i for every thing even if the mistake is on their part, so trying to actually determine if the a.i is behaving badly or its a false report adds to their workload.

The reality is, if Kabam are working on it then history tells us we're the guinea pigs as we always are, no forewarning or even a heads up, just get forced to test things they can't be bothered to double check first and they hope for the best, these last 4 months of AW being a recent example.

They do give heads up if u read patch notes as i posted may update they posted an ai update of what the update did that month and what there working on
This discussion has been closed.