Kabam, have you given up?

2»

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,310 ★★★★★

I'm curious to see a Venn diagram of players that defend the AI and the players that are dropping $1000-2000 during major events, and how much those overlap, if at all.

I can see being a F2P player or mild spender and getting frustrated due to all these issues and using the argument "it's not that easy to fix," but for those of us who are huge spenders, this is becoming a bit more than frustrating.

There's a difference between defending something and simply understanding what is happening. 99% of people in this thread fall into the latter. Understanding its hard to fix
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 513 ★★★
    Lokx said:

I'm curious to see a Venn diagram of players that defend the AI and the players that are dropping $1000-2000 during major events, and how much those overlap, if at all.

I can see being a F2P player or mild spender and getting frustrated due to all these issues and using the argument "it's not that easy to fix," but for those of us who are huge spenders, this is becoming a bit more than frustrating.

Bad a.i bugs everyone, ftp have just as much frustration as spenders because they have to grind for resources only to lose them to terrible a.i.

The issue at present isn’t gonna be solved by 60 people creating post saying ‘a.i is terrible kabam needs to fix up’ etc. its reductive and helps kabam in no way. If the op posted issues specifically with a.i like the shallow dexing of onslaught then sure it would be a worth while post to engage in + helps kabam find a focus point.

However they have stated that they are aware of issues on the forum and can’t respond to people unless they have an update on the situation. It would be mentally taxing to have to go to every single new post that pops up and explain to people over again that they are aware of the issue and have no update at the moment. Especially since jax is a community manager and not a leading developer at kabam.

No game would forsaken their core mechanic because they just feel silly. If they had a fix for A.I they would implement it but at the moment trynna find a correct fix that won’t cause another issue takes time. People complain that a.i has been terrible for years but that’s not true, there have been a.i issues over the year but they have mostly been different and the cause have been different.

Also while not all. There are people who will be quick to blame a.i for every thing even if the mistake is on their part, so trying to actually determine if the a.i is behaving badly or its a false report adds to their workload.
    Did I not specifically say I got Parried by CGR?...

Again, this mentality of 'nothing to update stay silent' is the wrong mentality.

Part of my job is customer service, keeping clients happy so they come back, I've been doing it for circa 10-years and one of the best lessons I have learnt is no news is still news. I would rather update my customer on a regular basis saying I have no update but im working on it, you're not forgotten, this IS a priority than silence for months, which is what we get from Kabam.

Surely, for the sake of the game, they HAVE to be doing something, it is really not hard just to posted once a month saying we have something promising, we tried something and it didn't work, we have an idea..
    Literally ANYTHING is better than nothing.
    ahmynuts said:

There's a difference between defending something and simply understanding what is happening. 99% of people in this thread fall into the latter. Understanding its hard to fix
    And you and Demon are notorious for blindly defending Kabam no matter what the case 😂
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 546 ★★★
    1199345 said:
    Trello board, most useful investion Kabam have thought of 🤦‍♂️

There is literally zero mention of AI apart from 'occasionally throwing specials during heavies' what about dexing/parrying strikers ejen chianed to a combo? What about the fact that Fam will knock you do and then punish you as you're standing up? What about their Ai recovery so you can't punish heavies such as onslaught or dust? What about Ai recovering so fast from a special you get parried for punishing like CGR, chavez, Onslaught, shocker?

Nothing mentioned so are they working on it? 🤔
    007Bishop said:

I really admire Demonzfyre's ability to gaslight people into thinking that people's legit complaints about the game is somehow their fault or that they shouldn't complain about it because they can't fix it themselves. It's a skill that takes years to master

Ahahahha THANK YOU
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    edited June 4
    We keep getting the response of its a few of the same guys complaining about it, because a lot of guys gave up after the first or second try of being ignored about the AI. I don't bother anymore usually, I've accepted bad AI is bad AI and is the norm now. A lot people came to the forums specifically to ask about AI issues, then just never used the forums again. This is not isolated to a few guys.

One thing that I've noticed lately is if you 5 hit into the opponents block, they will "well timed block", or parry in the modes it's available to them at least 3/5 of the hits.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★

1199345 said:
    Trello board, most useful investion Kabam have thought of 🤦‍♂️

There is literally zero mention of AI apart from 'occasionally throwing specials during heavies' what about dexing/parrying strikers ejen chianed to a combo? What about the fact that Fam will knock you do and then punish you as you're standing up? What about their Ai recovery so you can't punish heavies such as onslaught or dust? What about Ai recovering so fast from a special you get parried for punishing like CGR, chavez, Onslaught, shocker?

Nothing mentioned so are they working on it? 🤔

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/v44-1-release-notes/

We mentioned a while ago that we were looking into a change to the AI to make baiting specials more reliable, especially with champions whose dodgeback animations cover more ground, such as Quicksilver or most XL characters.

We’ve been testing this with the CCP over the past month (special thanks to MP Blaze and Fintech for going above and beyond), and are happy to announce that we’re including this change in v44.1, going live next week!

We also said we were testing an update to the defender’s use of the Parry mastery. This ran into some additional hurdles and will have to be delayed until a future build to make sure we don’t actually increase how often defenders can Parry, but we’re confident we have a fix identified and will be shipping that soon.

Ill share with u this again then for u to read
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,621 ★★★★★
    You know the rules and so do I
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,302 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Tell them how to fix it faster.

By same speed they fix bugs which benefits players
    Or even half will work
    🙄🙄🙄🙄 Yes. Because they are the exact same type of bug. You're ridiculous.
    Add aggressive node to onslaught. Problem solved
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,832 ★★★★★
    edited June 4

I don't pretend to know anything about coding, because I don't...

The simple fact is Kabam are either doing something in the background and not telling us and it is majorly back firing or they aren't doing anything.

"I don't pretend to know anything about coding" and the next sentence pretends to know something about coding. "Kabam is doing something in the background or not doing anything".
    Where did I pretend to understand coding?

It's really simply to understand what is going on wirhout knowing coding, here I'll spell it out:

1. Kabam ARE working on this, they're Adjusting the AI, letting it play out and HAT is the reason the AI is changing every single month.
    2. Kabam are NOT working on this and the AI is adapting and changing by itself.

Is there a third?

The problem is, as you've already said, we don't actually know what it is, Kabam aren't updating us to say whether they're working on it constantly or not, we just get a post once very 6-months saying 'we don't touch ai but we changed this one thing'

When you say "Its a simple fact" when you've already said you don't know anything about development.

There is no "simple fact" because it's not a simple problem. I have a Google Pixel 8 Pro and have a completely different experience than most that I've seen posted.

The problem is, as Jax and Crashed and even Miike have said, there's a lot of complaints about instances happening but nothing for them to look at.

It's a game of pulling strings and ensuring the one they pull doesn't effect the rest of them.

You can't say it's simple. They are working on it, they have been working on it. Just because you think it's been happening for too long doesn't mean it should have been fixed by now.

They aren't updating you because there's nothing to update you with. When they have information worth sharing, they will.

Lokx said:

Bad a.i bugs everyone, ftp have just as much frustration as spenders because they have to grind for resources only to lose them to terrible a.i.

The issue at present isn’t gonna be solved by 60 people creating post saying ‘a.i is terrible kabam needs to fix up’ etc. its reductive and helps kabam in no way. If the op posted issues specifically with a.i like the shallow dexing of onslaught then sure it would be a worth while post to engage in + helps kabam find a focus point.

However they have stated that they are aware of issues on the forum and can’t respond to people unless they have an update on the situation. It would be mentally taxing to have to go to every single new post that pops up and explain to people over again that they are aware of the issue and have no update at the moment. Especially since jax is a community manager and not a leading developer at kabam.

No game would forsaken their core mechanic because they just feel silly. If they had a fix for A.I they would implement it but at the moment trynna find a correct fix that won’t cause another issue takes time. People complain that a.i has been terrible for years but that’s not true, there have been a.i issues over the year but they have mostly been different and the cause have been different.

Also while not all. There are people who will be quick to blame a.i for every thing even if the mistake is on their part, so trying to actually determine if the a.i is behaving badly or its a false report adds to their workload.

Again, this mentality of 'nothing to update stay silent' is the wrong mentality.

Part of my job is customer service, keeping clients happy so they come back, I've been doing it for circa 10-years and one of the best lessons I have learnt is no news is still news. I would rather update my customer on a regular basis saying I have no update but im working on it, you're not forgotten, this IS a priority than silence for months, which is what we get from Kabam.

Surely, for the sake of the game, they HAVE to be doing something, it is really not hard just to posted once a month saying we have something promising, we tried something and it didn't work, we have an idea..
    How many times in this thread do you have to be told that they are doing something? Someone even posted the patch notes where it's specifically mentioned, every update. Jesus
    007Bishop said:

I really admire Demonzfyre's ability to gaslight people into thinking that people's legit complaints about the game is somehow their fault or that they shouldn't complain about it because they can't fix it themselves. It's a skill that takes years to master

Where did I say they shouldn't complain? Where did I say it was their fault? Please, please point this out to me. I love comments like this because you'll never answer back because I didn't say anything like what you just described.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 126
    007Bishop said:

lol :sweat_smile:
  • ElthanElthan Member Posts: 93 ★★
    If anything, now, when I use the auto-fight function, my character can parry the opponent in the middle of their combo, without dropping his block. I would say it's an improvement :D
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 216 ★★

I don't think it's possible anymore for them to "fix it."

The AI is sentient and is basically a Kabam employee. In fact, the AI is basically Kabam now.

So no, it has not given up. It will not give up until CGR parries you even before the countdown and the champs run out.

• Skydad23Skydad23 Member Posts: 556 ★★★

It's a serious question... I've seen countless complaints on this Onlasught AI and not a single Moderator response.

Since the update the AI has gotten even WORSE. I have just been parried while punishing CGRs sp1, never has this happened before.

The AI recover so much faster than us and its blatantly obvious Kabam either are incapable of fixing this or they just don't care because it is getting worse with every update.

If anyone wants to see just how bad it is, have a run with Bullseye... when he triggers his killer instinct on defence you're done, you can't block or dex his follow up combo but when using him on attack the AI is parrying/dexing out.

This has been going on for way too long, how hard can it possibly be to fix? It's your own damn AI 😂 it's just embarrassing at this point

This post says it all 100,000,000% agree!! This is the reason I barely play anymore
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

It's a serious question... I've seen countless complaints on this Onlasught AI and not a single Moderator response.

Since the update the AI has gotten even WORSE. I have just been parried while punishing CGRs sp1, never has this happened before.

The AI recover so much faster than us and its blatantly obvious Kabam either are incapable of fixing this or they just don't care because it is getting worse with every update.

If anyone wants to see just how bad it is, have a run with Bullseye... when he triggers his killer instinct on defence you're done, you can't block or dex his follow up combo but when using him on attack the AI is parrying/dexing out.

This has been going on for way too long, how hard can it possibly be to fix? It's your own damn AI 😂 it's just embarrassing at this point

This post says it all 100,000,000% agree!! This is the reason I barely play anymore
    They dont always reply to ai stuff as behind the scenes they are working on it ive posted the last months patch notes on this thread where they said about ai updates that is the latest update and that is only info they have if u want more ur gonna have to wait

Lokx said:

How many times in this thread do you have to be told that they are doing something? Someone even posted the patch notes where it's specifically mentioned, every update. Jesus
    Then there's an update clearly 😂

I feel like I'm repeating myself here?

Kabam are making adjustments, the AI is getting worse therefore their adjustments are affecting the AI. THIS IS SOMETHING TO TELL.

The ai isn't getting better, it's getting worse hense the question of can you really be working to improve something that is going the opposite way?

I've noticed with this patch AI are now throwing specials into my block... can't actually tell you if that's better than no special I'm guna be honest 😂

The whole thing is getting a joke and as a paying customer I would expect updates more frequently that one every 6-months. Any other environment the customer would be calling up weekly, emailing managers/directors and posting crappy reviews, just because they're in a different industry does not give Kabam the right to keep the entire customer base in the dark on such a huge problem, do we not deserve the 20-minutes it takes for the forum managers to post saying what they're trying if they're hopeful etc
This discussion has been closed.