Uncollected modok? Seriously

Comments

• SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Member Posts: 464 ★★★
    Well you guys need to start a YouTube stream.

It’s really helpful for the rest of the community to hear how easy you guys find it by the way. Big shout out.

I’ve cleared it, but try to be a bit more respectful to others.
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2017
    We try not to be disrespectful. No tone in text. I try to upload abilities of some champs and torturals on champs. Ill try and upload more to help.
    I wasn’t having a go dude. I think that would be really cool if you tried to pass on some help to the community.

I just think it’s a shame when 400k guys with 3 x 4/55 champs hijack threads to tell everyone how easy content is. That’s just demoralising to those trying to clear it.

There will always be threads and differing opinions on what is hard and what is not, that’s cool but let’s have some context.

All the best.
  • SungjSungj Member Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    I wasn’t having a go dude. I think that would be really cool if you tried to pass on some help to the community.

I just think it’s a shame when 400k guys with 3 x 4/55 champs hijack threads to tell everyone how easy content is. That’s just demoralising to those trying to clear it.

There will always be threads and differing opinions on what is hard and what is not, that’s cool but let’s have some context.

All the best.

A lot of people myself included have 1 shot him without the use of 5* champions, it shouldn't be demoralizing it should be an encouragement to up your skill level. My first two runs on him were absolute garbage and I ended up using 5 revives each run but after that I learned about the 4hit combo slow play method and 3rd try only used 2 revives and every run after one shot him with 5/50 gwenpool. If you are having troubles with him it's just a matter of switching up your play style, modok is a very different champ to fight than any other so he'll take some practice to get used to but when you learn to fight him he isn't the massive unit sink people make him out to be. I'm only 250k rated, 1 4/55 5* whom is garbage for fighting modok so 5/50s worked fine, I know people who are 125k-150k rated that are 1 shotting him as well so even semi casual players aren't having troubles with him.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Member Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Who did these 125k-150k people use to one shot?
    Whilst I disagree with you. What you wrote is a little different to ‘I have no problem clearing everything’.

At least you’ve offered a little relevant context.

I’m 280k rated with ‘only’ 5/50s in my team, and I’ve cleared it, but this ‘I slap down whatever content is put in front of me, easy peasy with my 4/55s’ (which are not even disclosed in said post) offer no help or encouragement to the majority of players.

Don’t take it personally, it seems to be a feature of this forum. Someone comes on, obviously frustrated - at what, let’s be honest is a bit of money grab- and on come the supermen to round on them and tell them it’s easy.

Let’s get one thing straight, it’s not easy.

Anyway, for the silent majority struggling on with what champs you have, keep on keepin’ on.

Peace out.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Member Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I dont need more tips to fight this guy I just hate how he is the only problem whereas everything else was no problem.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @SgtSlaughter78 I don’t record my fights or stream. I’m not wasting money on equipment but I would love to record gameplay but so many others already do that. I don’t watch YouTube much but I’m sure someone out there has soloed modok already on a stream. I used my 4/55 drax and ultron or a 5/50 gp with 4 hit combos to take him out. It takes a bit of patience and focus to not use the fifth hit. Parry 4 hit combos and evade his specials is all you need to do. I wasnt being disrespectful. I was just stating you don’t need a sparky for everything. I have one and don’t like using him. I hate when people say you need a specific champ to clear content when there are plenty of champs that can do it.
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    CYNDRDBODY wrote: »
    Takes a while to get really good at this game. He's not game breaking or bugged it gets frustrating but dont get mad if you just get plain beat.... hes beatable in a one shot kill. I have a video that its doable. https://youtu.be/h59iO1RR27E

Right..solo’d him with a r4 5* duped blade well done sir. Except all that chip damage you took would have demolished a r5 4*. You didn’t evade that sp1. Easily that would have dropped half the health of a 4*.
    But well done on using an op champ on modok and beating him. Lmao
  • AnonymousAnonymous Member Posts: 508 ★★★
    Every game I've ever played, I've wanted to play the most difficult content or the best players. It makes me better as a player as well. I always tried to listen to the best players too. I watched tons of videos for this game and learned to intercept better from guys like analyzer on YouTube. So if a player with high ranked champs and skills has a better way to clear end game content, it shouldn't be taken as an insult or as degrading. Just like if Stephen Curry was showing how to shoot a jump shot.
  • Gus13bossGus13boss Member Posts: 1
    So close to fighting him, I'm going to bring Angela and my 5 star sl
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Member Posts: 252
    Jaded wrote: »
    CYNDRDBODY wrote: »
    Takes a while to get really good at this game. He's not game breaking or bugged it gets frustrating but dont get mad if you just get plain beat.... hes beatable in a one shot kill. I have a video that its doable. https://youtu.be/h59iO1RR27E

Right..solo’d him with a r4 5* duped blade well done sir. Except all that chip damage you took would have demolished a r5 4*. You didn’t evade that sp1. Easily that would have dropped half the health of a 4*.
    But well done on using an op champ on modok and beating him. Lmao

Wasnt a rank 4 its a rank 3 which is like a rank 5 4*

5/50 starlord mostly

5/50 starlord mostly
  • theshiznit05theshiznit05 Member Posts: 107
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Why is it that these posts all revolve around the idea that xyz character is unbeatable and it's never about skill? Meanwhile people continue to beat all these complained about enemies without much difficulty.

It's not really about skill it's about the champs you get. You can have all the skill in the world but try to beat him with IP, HB and other **** champs.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Member Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    used a 5/50 blade with GR synergy mostly. I agree that it's not hard to bait sp1 and do 4 hit combos but from time to time he does seem kinda buggy.
  • QwertyQwerty Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    Why is it that these posts all revolve around the idea that xyz character is unbeatable and it's never about skill? Meanwhile people continue to beat all these complained about enemies without much difficulty.

It's not really about skill it's about the champs you get. You can have all the skill in the world but try to beat him with IP, HB and other **** champs.

it's 100% about skill. there's nothing in modok's move set that you can't evade, besides obviously his sp3, or need a special champ to evade him like dd or nc.

you can evade his sp1 and his sp2 entirely. if you had "all the skill in the world" you could quite literally have a perfect fight against him regardless of which champ you use and take 0 damage.

All the best.

one also needs to keep in mind that the uncollected difficulty isn't for everybody. if there's somebody who's low rating and low experience and still struggling, maybe it's not the right difficulty for them.

that doesn't make it any sort of money grab, it just means they haven't matured to the point where it's something that's reasonable.
    He would be fine if he didn’t mess you up in those situations where you hit him, he blocks and then when you hit his block he whips out his special attack immediately so you’ve no chance to block it.

yes but that's clearly a bug, just like his block+attack thing same thing that thor rag does.
  • TempestTempest Member Posts: 295
    Question: is the rest of the map tough? Should I bring my strongest team and take my chances trying to outskill modok at the end, or should I bump a higher ranked champ to make room for AA?
  • QuikPikQuikPik Member Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Ice Phoenix is much harder than Modok. There are a lot of champs you can use to take down Modok without needing revives. Ice Phoenix there's only maybe 2-3 champs that will make her easier. Even then you need a near perfect fight against her to not die.
  • the6ththe6th Member Posts: 153
    He would be fine if he didn’t mess you up in those situations where you hit him, he blocks and then when you hit his block he whips out his special attack immediately so you’ve no chance to block it.

He can attack and block at the same time when i was trying to intercept he's like unstoppable and i don't know if that's a feature or not
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Tempest wrote: »
    Question: is the rest of the map tough? Should I bring my strongest team and take my chances trying to outskill modok at the end, or should I bump a higher ranked champ to make room for AA?

Ice Phoenix and MODOK are the only hard fights in all of the uncollected. I'll throw Task Master in as a semi-hard fight, but that's it.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    Dwark wrote: »
    The biggest haha is when you clear the level, you get 2x125 and 1x525 ISO for your troubles lol

And some level 1 health pots on the way
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    compare him to the collector? how did that work out.
  • LurkerLurker Member Posts: 196

All the best.

one also needs to keep in mind that the uncollected difficulty isn't for everybody. if there's somebody who's low rating and low experience and still struggling, maybe it's not the right difficulty for them.

that doesn't make it any sort of money grab, it just means they haven't matured to the point where it's something that's reasonable.

This is the uncollected quest level. Everyone attempting it has proven that they have progressed enough for this difficulty level. That old line doesn't really work here.
  • NevvBNevvB Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/-PTNZ2JlYG0

Shamless plug. AA destroys him pretty quickly!
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Member Posts: 246
    Voodoo. Sp1 or Sp2 on odd will increase parry stun. He has class disadvantage but its doable.
    Lurker wrote: »

All the best.

This is the uncollected quest level. Everyone attempting it has proven that they have progressed enough for this difficulty level. That old line doesn't really work here.

then they should have no problem with modok or ice phoenix like a lot of other people who are doing just fine against them.

also, if one paid their way through 5.2 to become uncollected, or saved a ton of items to use, they shouldn't expect to cake walk through the hardest parts of the uncollected quest.