**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG’s matchmaking is legitimately a joke.

SeyuohSeyuoh Posts: 61
Why did I go from 2 wins away from getting into Vibranium 1, to immediately down to 0 and then my very next THREE MATCHES IN A ROW I match people who are on their last win needed, in order to get promoted into vibranium 1. I won’t even get into the fact that the rating discrepancy is ridiculous, my main issue is matching people I should’ve never even been in the game with. Genuinely incredibly annoying going from 3-4 wins to immediately getting slammed 6-7 matches in a row, by people who haven’t missed a second of playing this game.

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

Seyuoh said:

my main issue is matching people I should’ve never even been in the game with.

You don't get to choose your competition. If you want to advance in BG, you have to beat the players that are there. If you don't want to face them, too bad. They aren't going anywhere. Your only choice is face them, or don't. Kabam is not going to specifically look for players you can beat up.
    DNA3000 said:

Seyuoh said:

my main issue is matching people I should’ve never even been in the game with.

You don't get to choose your competition. If you want to advance in BG, you have to beat the players that are there. If you don't want to face them, too bad. They aren't going anywhere. Your only choice is face them, or don't. Kabam is not going to specifically look for players you can beat up.
    That’s not what I meant at all, so it’s fair for them to find me; when they’re easily 2-3 mill higher than me and play the game way more than me- but me to not find people I can beat easily? Sounds a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
  • Options
    edited June 10

Why do people do this? Why do they say things as they shouldn't be there as if they owned the tier...
    The bigger accounts you faced could say "What is this lower account even doing here..."
    Be happy with what you achieved.

Because to be honest with you, I’m better than about 90% of the people I play against. I have a vast knowledge of the game, the skills to boot; but am lacking roster wise. BG’s is just incredibly infuriating, when the only reason I’m actually losing; is because my opponents really can’t get a bad draft. Due to them spending half of their life on the game/half of their wallet- in order to stay on top.
    This was more of a rage post to begin with, but Kabam really should do something about the rating system matchmaking. It just gets tiring trying to always beat the people who are 2-3 mill rating higher than me, or who paid their way to valiant and get carried by their roster.
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

At this point Kabam needs some automated reactions to these posts.

1) When the words BG+Matchmaking are in the title or body, just immediately discard it.
    2) When the words BG+Matchmaking are in the title or body, automatically post a link to Kabam Jax's "That's okay" thread, then close the post.

But since those don't exist, OP, it sounds like you've reached your ceiling. Be happy you made it that far and stop, or invest in victory shields.

I have >7mil rating, and when I hit Vibranium, I still turn on victory shields when I'm one win away from progressing.

Since you're complaining about the opponents you get matched against, I'm gonna guess you're well below 7mil, so you should probably be turning on victory shields as soon as you have one win in Vibranium.

But that’s just my thing though, I don’t think I have reached my “ceiling” or “peak”
    I’ve been as high as almost celestial during one season of BG’s, but I took a much needed and long awaited break from the game. Of course I’m gonna be behind everyone else, but BG’s has never felt this “unplayable” without an insanely good roster. As I’ve explained to the two other people who replied to this post, I don’t live on this game anymore. I get that BG’s is the most competitive mode in the game, and it’s for the people who specifically want that- but I do wish there would be more skill involved rather than “Who can pay more money, to guarantee they can’t get a “bad draft” (end quote)
    This post was more of a 7-8 losses in a row post, and I’m getting tired of this garbage matchmaking; rather than me actually looking for constructive criticism. I appreciate your input though.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,130 ★★★★
    Listen the thing is after you reach Platinum
    THERE IS NO PRESTIGE BASED MATCH MAKING,
    ITS A FREE FOR ALL, literally anyone, doesn't matter if it's someone in cavalier or an absolute whale with 10+ 7* r3 and all the new meta defenders,
    EVERYONE GETS MATCHED WITH EVERYONE ELSE IN THE SAME RANK.

So yes the match making is working perfectly cause ITS NOT RATING BASED AFTER PLAT, you're facing people in Vibranium II, as you should.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 802 ★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

Why do people do this? Why do they say things as they shouldn't be there as if they owned the tier...
    The bigger accounts you faced could say "What is this lower account even doing here..."

Because to be honest with you, I’m better than about 90% of the people I play against. I have a vast knowledge of the game, the skills to boot; but am lacking roster wise. BG’s is just incredibly infuriating, when the only reason I’m actually losing; is because my opponents really can’t get a bad draft. Due to them spending half of their life on the game/half of their wallet- in order to stay on top.
    This was more of a rage post to begin with, but Kabam really should do something about the rating system matchmaking. It just gets tiring trying to always beat the people who are 2-3 mill rating higher than me, or who paid their way to valiant and get carried by their roster.
    Hi @Seyuoh ,

While I feel your pain, this is just how BG is.

You are clearly way better than me as the most I ever got up to was Gamma 3 🤣🤣🤣 and that was only once, so Celestial is a completely different league for the like of me.

After a certain ranking it is we just match with whoever around, you are lucky to only facing people facing people between 2-3mil 😊

Here are some of my recent match up, and I got to say they are way way more than 3mil different between the match up 🤣🤣🤣. I would happy if I have half of what these accounts have 🤣.

Accounts like these are not just over power because of ranking, but also have pretty much all OP Defenders available, always fun try figures out who to ban, there just not enough bans for account this size 🤣

However nowadays my perpective is, I truly thankful for all for these accounts, either they extremely dedicated players, who have played a lot and a long time, or pay money or both to have accounts size like this. Whichever way it does go a long way to help keep the game alive, which is good for us all.

As for the results of these match, I think they might have took petty on me (or point farming 🤣), either way I'm thankful for the match, ggs.

On the plus note VT should be more approachable next season. 😊
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    Oh look, another person who thinks they shouldn't face harder competition in BGs 🙄
  • Options

Spending more time on the game = better roster
    Spending money on the game = better roster

Both equations sounds about right.

Another thing is rating doesn’t mean much in BG. It’s the 30 champs in the deck that does.
    People have high ratings is because they have been playing this game for a long time, ranking up 3,4,5*s in times when they were much needed. Now the game has progress where people only and mostly rank up 6* and 7* so the rating isn’t too accurate.
    The current celestial 1 has a 4mil rating, and there are some high celestial ranks with 3-4mil ratings.

The problem lies on your ego that you think you are better than everyone that you play against, if u r losing to them for whatever reason, then you are not. Like you said, people spend time or money to get to where they are to gain an advantage. That’s what the competition is about. I suggest you could take a break from BG and build your roster like every1 else. Play some arenas, less stressful and almost 100% win rate where you can also choose 1/3 match ups too.

All valid points that you make, and when this post was originally made I was definitely more than a little full of myself. Since this post was made however though, I have climbed into GC, and went on about a 12-14 game win streak. I even beat multiple current top 10 ally players! At the end of the day, it was just me- thinking I had already been beaten; and not having the confidence in myself to see each match through.
    Once again though I appreciate the constructive criticism, but it’s more so my lack of confidence to win- rather than the overconfidence. Have a good day.
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Seyuoh said:

Hi @Seyuoh ,

While I feel your pain, this is just how BG is.

You are clearly way better than me as the most I ever got up to was Gamma 3 🤣🤣🤣 and that was only once, so Celestial is a completely different league for the like of me.

After a certain ranking it is we just match with whoever around, you are lucky to only facing people facing people between 2-3mil 😊

Here are some of my recent match up, and I got to say they are way way more than 3mil different between the match up 🤣🤣🤣. I would happy if I have half of what these accounts have 🤣.

Accounts like these are not just over power because of ranking, but also have pretty much all OP Defenders available, always fun try figures out who to ban, there just not enough bans for account this size 🤣

However nowadays my perpective is, I truly thankful for all for these accounts, either they extremely dedicated players, who have played a lot and a long time, or pay money or both to have accounts size like this. Whichever way it does go a long way to help keep the game alive, which is good for us all.

As for the results of these match, I think they might have took petty on me (or point farming 🤣), either way I'm thankful for the match, ggs.

On the plus note VT should be more approachable next season. 😊
    Respectfully, I believe you may have misread what I put. I said that I was tired of facing players who are 2-3 mill (mostly) higher rating than I am. I have faced many people this season, who when I saw their accounts afterwards- my jaw legitimately hit the floor. I even almost beat a 10 mill account, who is one of the ranked people- in the highest rating account’s on the leaderboard. That was pretty surreal for me, since it’s been a very very long time since I’ve had competition like this.
  • Options
    xNig said:

OP could have been in Celestial in the earlier seasons when it was prestige matchmaking. It’s been changed and thankfully it did.

Honestly, yes I think you’re right. In my previous replies to people, I believe they’re taking me for an egomaniac- when in reality it’s quite the opposite. Only reason I said what I did, is because I know for a fact it’s true. These people are just now better than me roster depth wise, so there’s not much I really can do- when in comparison to theirs. I was almost always in the quantum-mysterium/low celestial range back a good few seasons ago.
    I kinda wish I had worded this post a bit better when I originally made it, because for what it’s worth- I’m pretty sure most people on here would recognize my IGN; and I don’t want those people to think ill of me.
    Thank you for the insightful words though.
  • Options

Oh look, another person who thinks they shouldn't face harder competition in BGs 🙄

When I made this post originally? Absolutely.
    Now that I’ve pushed into GC and have actually learned to “get good” again? No. It was a problem on my end at the end of the day, by not playing with enough confidence- so in actuality I had already the lost the “mind game” before the match even started.
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 380 ★★
    Seyuoh said:

Because to be honest with you, I’m better than about 90% of the people I play against. I have a vast knowledge of the game, the skills to boot; but am lacking roster wise.
    If you are that skilled then go explore act 8 and every story act, explore abyss, necro, eop, and grandmaster gaunlet
    the items you get from them will definitely push you to gc. so yeah boasting about skill and then saying you're losing in bgs is skill issue when the way to win is literally in the game.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 643 ★★★
    💩 Valiant, GC, 300k+ points, my deck;

Only R5s and 7R2+. Currently working on max sig’ing my R5 champs, I have invested most of the resources lately to that.

If your deck is nowhere near this, the road to GC will be tough. In GC you will still struggle, because there this is far below average.
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 166
    Seyuoh said:

Why did I go from 2 wins away from getting into Vibranium 1, to immediately down to 0 and then my very next THREE MATCHES IN A ROW I match people who are on their last win needed, in order to get promoted into vibranium 1. I won’t even get into the fact that the rating discrepancy is ridiculous, my main issue is matching people I should’ve never even been in the game with. Genuinely incredibly annoying going from 3-4 wins to immediately getting slammed 6-7 matches in a row, by people who haven’t missed a second of playing this game.

There is 2 way to look at things
    1. I am getting frustrated I can't win vs these big account ( if u played for long time people have rankedup 5* that increases account size I have 70 r5 )

2. U get to challenge big account than yours and beat them who have spend money to get ahead ( by ranking underrated champs like killmonger , mephisto , havoc, terrax & the annoying ones like bullseye ,photon , onslaught ) & then banning the counters according . Strategize your rankup & Bans

I am saying this because I am a free2play player but I reach GC in first week just by playing 3-4 days
  • Options
    t123459t123459 Posts: 55

stilll dont know how valiant f2p are supposed to defeat valiant p2w players . like f2p have 3 r3 7* and p2w have 7 or 8 a part from the 6* ofc . if you are p2w face p2w and stop saying we should not complain its not fair
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 251 ★★★
    Perhaps one day we'll see an actually-balanced competitive mode (I doubt it)... but if you don't enjoy the structure of the one we have now, I recommend not participating.

I know a lot of players who got a lot more enjoyment out of the game when they stopped trying to keep up... Myself included.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 716 ★★★★
    t123459 said:

stilll dont know how valiant f2p are supposed to defeat valiant p2w players . like f2p have 3 r3 7* and p2w have 7 or 8 a part from the 6* ofc . if you are p2w face p2w and stop saying we should not complain its not fair
    Why should those who pay, which keeps the game going, not get an advantage over those who don't? Otherwise, what is the point of paying?

I don't spend on the game and don't like facing against people who bought a stacked roster. That being said, many of them that pay for that roster don't have the skills to make full use of it
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

t123459 said:

That being said, many of them that pay for that roster don't have the skills to make full use of it
    True. It can be simply be used as an intimidation factor. I had to catch up on lost time and reach my alliance minimum last night and I was honestly surprised I had like 6-7 forfeits IN Glad Circuit.

• Options
    t123459t123459 Posts: 55

t123459 said:

Why should those who pay, which keeps the game going, not get an advantage over those who don't? Otherwise, what is the point of paying?

I don't spend on the game and don't like facing against people who bought a stacked roster. That being said, many of them that pay for that roster don't have the skills to make full use of it
    yes i agree u should defiently have an advantage on me but not on a competitive mode structure like bgs instead all players should be equal . ok i know f2p are screwed but as someone who succesufuly made it to gladiator circuit with 2 r3 and bunch of r4 there is nooooooo comparaison at all . at least lets make the matchmaking based on overall account cc . why are f2p supposed to lose 5+ matches just because they dont spend money . things went beyond u have an advantage on us . this is beyond competivennes.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 275 ★★
    t123459 said:

t123459 said:

yes i agree u should defiently have an advantage on me but not on a competitive mode structure like bgs instead all players should be equal . ok i know f2p are screwed but as someone who succesufuly made it to gladiator circuit with 2 r3 and bunch of r4 there is nooooooo comparaison at all . at least lets make the matchmaking based on overall account cc . why are f2p supposed to lose 5+ matches just because they dont spend money . things went beyond u have an advantage on us . this is beyond competivennes.
    A competitive game mode where everyone is equal regardless of time, money and experience is a compete oxymoron
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    edited June 12
    Matchmaking is always going to have vastly different skill levels. My gripe is when I first qualified for GC I queued 3 minutes to match a guy in arcane, then 2 1/2 to match a guy in gamma 1, all while I was still "updating" rank

But that's more so the mode being dead when it comes to GC, comparitively to VT. Lots of motivation to get to GC, not so much to play once there.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    If you don't have a great roster and get smashed in vib, stop buying whatever you grab from bg store and invest in victory shields. May not help progress but it stops the backwards slide.

Play at times when competition is more favourable, there is always a sweet spot where you can grab easier matches.

Or, build a better roster. I have a decent bg deck, not great but enough. I won't use half the deck anywhere else in the game because we dont do war, but success at bg's means investing for it.

Bg's have made progression of accounts very easy but spending it all on 6* shards chasing herc (or a select few others) at the expense of rankups will hurt you more than finally pulling the great champs.

If you're as skilled as you think, you should have no problems with a lesser deck than someone without skill and a better roster.