Has the heavy counter window disappeared?

jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
This is just a general impression, but it seems to me like the heavy counter window has shrunk to nearly zero in the last few weeks.

I was just testing this out on a very simple fight against Beast. I rushed in just as he landed his heavy several times. About half the time I caught him, but the other half, he would insta-recover and either dex or block.

It seems particularly egregious against Bullseye. It seems like you can only catch him if you're already dashing forward by the time he throws the projectile for the second hit of his heavy, and you have to just barely miss those projectiles hitting the ground in front of you in order to actually catch him in recovery.

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,261 ★★★★★
    Depends on spacing and the reach of your champs heavy
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Depends on spacing and the reach of your champs heavy

This doesn't have to do you with your own champ's heavy. I'm talking about the issue of punishing the defender's heavy.

I supposed I used confusing language by calling it "heavy counter" -- apologies for that. I'm talking about punishing defender's heavies -- even with simple dash attacks.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Yeah the second hit of bullseyes heavy used to catch me all the time, now I just wait it out. But haven’t noticed a decrease in time to counter the heavy.