Who is better, Iron Man OG or War Machine?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
edited June 19 in General Discussion
For general content, BGs, War, etc, who is better overall? Just wondering since I have both and they are similar but have different rotations

Who is better, Iron Man OG or War Machine? 113 votes

OG Iron Man
98%
EgyptOverseerPantherusNZDrZolaMidnightfoxbuffajrKDoggg2017Ragnarok13MagrailothosTedderscaptaincushThatGuyYouSaw235AshyKnucklesMasterduxBluestoneDONZALOOG1234dfmoore26GaudyGMoneyLogan00EgretM4Newman0067 111 votes
War Machine
1%
Demonic_embraceKnightOfTheRealm 2 votes

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    OG Iron Man
    Emilia90 said:

I refuse to believe that you’re not trolling at this point

This isn’t even close

Nah war machine is very underrated
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,355 ★★★★
    OG Iron Man
    With new rework, yes, Tony Stark alter ego
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian
    OG Iron Man
    War machine is good, after you've done 2 or 3 sp2s and a sp3. That takes a long time to get your damage going whereas iron man is punching with large damage numbers after a single sp2 (in a single sp1 if it is someone like sauron who you can remove prowess from). While after ramp they are similar, Iron Man takes the cake for getting his damage much more easily than War Machine.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★
    OG Iron Man
    Since his buff, OG Iron Man is really solid; has far broader utility; and like Pikolu says, gets his damage much faster.

Also, over the last few months, War Machine has been substantially devalued because what used to be his niche ability (removing Prowess) has become a staple Tech ability; given to Viv Vision, Shocker, Ironheart and Iron Man himself.

War Machine really could do with a re-tweak; with at least some mechanism for recovering his Armour, and a faster way of getting his rotation off (e.g. a fourth Prefight: Start the match with a 40% Energise Prefight, lasting 30 seconds).
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    OG Iron Man
    There’s always 1…
    edited June 19
    OG Iron Man

Since his buff, OG Iron Man is really solid; has far broader utility; and like Pikolu says, gets his damage much faster.

Also, over the last few months, War Machine has been substantially devalued because what used to be his niche ability (removing Prowess) has become a staple Tech ability; given to Viv Vision, Shocker, Ironheart and Iron Man himself.

War Machine really could do with a re-tweak; with at least some mechanism for recovering his Armour, and a faster way of getting his rotation off (e.g. a fourth Prefight: Start the match with a 40% Energise Prefight, lasting 30 seconds).

That's one of his downsides, his armor should be like Warlock's
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    OG Iron Man
    Which number is bigger?
    99 or 111
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★
    OG Iron Man
    War machine is very underrated. My 7 star is r3 and don’t regret it, but in this instance I would probably say iron man first. Had I gotten iron man before war machine and not already had im r5 ascended I would have done him over wm.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    OG Iron Man
    The immunities and attack per buff gives iron man an upper hand. And obviously new animations are awesome
    OG Iron Man

The immunities and attack per buff gives iron man an upper hand. And obviously new animations are awesome

I’m hoping Superior Iron man also has new animations