**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds Matchmaking Official Changes

2»

Comments

• Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    I played a bg now
    What a horrible match making
    Uncollected vs paragon on bronze 1

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★

I think it's time. I was a huge advocate of some kind of balancing mechanism in the beginning, but progress is quicker with the new Medal system. Things will balance out eventually. The main concerns I've had with earlier Players is only a bandaid solution in the long run. Plus, the system is different now so I'm on board.

This is like the worse change for lower players.
    I thought you advocated for them...
    I do, but the system is different now. It will be unstable for the next little while, but it will balance out in time. The end goal will be more appropriate Matches. With the Medal system as it is now, there's no way Players can't advance, even doing the bare minimum. Seeding is up in the air, but overall I'm on board for the majority of changes.
    No it won't, this new system only works on the assumption that every Valiant and Paragon will play to get to GC and start in Diamond on the next season... The people that don't care will always be lurking the lower tiers.
    Its hilarious that you think the systwm is good now that there is a 2-1 system even with a free for all matchmaking.
    Even if they're not playing to get to the GC, they're not going to stay where they're at long. Playing means advancing.
    The first couple Brackets, you advance with one Win. Up to Gold, you go up with 2 consecutive Wins. Unless someone is seriously going out of their way to win one and lose one just for the Objectives every 2 days, they're going to advance. Even then, the number of people doing that is not going to be great. The majority will likely be trying to get Wins for the 7* Shards and Titan Shards from Solo.
    There are more motivating factors now. I feel more confident with the system as it is now. There really is no such thing as a perfect system, but the long-term effects of this feel more fair than the previous concerns I had.
    People will adjust and fall into place.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,734 ★★★★

Even if they're not playing to get to the GC, they're not going to stay where they're at long. Playing means advancing.
    The first couple Brackets, you advance with one Win. Up to Gold, you go up with 2 consecutive Wins. Unless someone is seriously going out of their way to win one and lose one just for the Objectives every 2 days, they're going to advance. Even then, the number of people doing that is not going to be great. The majority will likely be trying to get Wins for the 7* Shards and Titan Shards from Solo.
    There are more motivating factors now. I feel more confident with the system as it is now. There really is no such thing as a perfect system, but the long-term effects of this feel more fair than the previous concerns I had.

Exactly.

The 4 key reasons for so mahy strong accounts in lower tiers are:
    - Seeding bug, previously GC and high VT players put right down to Bronze/Silver/Gold tiers
    - Vision piece in Vib I
    - 7* and Titan Shards "compensation"
    - Megatron Crystals for winning a match

3 of those are likely to result in players pushing to advance to Vib and/or GC - meaning that they'll be pushing for higher tiers and thus away from the weaker accounts, as the season goes on.

Only the Megatron crystals potentially encourage sandbagging, meaning that they're losing more matches than they're winning, thus weaker teams are getting some chances at winning anyway.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★

I think it's time. I was a huge advocate of some kind of balancing mechanism in the beginning, but progress is quicker with the new Medal system. Things will balance out eventually. The main concerns I've had with earlier Players is only a bandaid solution in the long run. Plus, the system is different now so I'm on board.

I do, but the system is different now. It will be unstable for the next little while, but it will balance out in time. The end goal will be more appropriate Matches. With the Medal system as it is now, there's no way Players can't advance, even doing the bare minimum. Seeding is up in the air, but overall I'm on board for the majority of changes.
    No it won't, this new system only works on the assumption that every Valiant and Paragon will play to get to GC and start in Diamond on the next season... The people that don't care will always be lurking the lower tiers.
    Its hilarious that you think the systwm is good now that there is a 2-1 system even with a free for all matchmaking.
    You just wanted the 2/1 system to make your climb to GC easier, this does not make it better for lower accounts.
  • Options

Exactly.

The 4 key reasons for so mahy strong accounts in lower tiers are:
    - Seeding bug, previously GC and high VT players put right down to Bronze/Silver/Gold tiers
    - Vision piece in Vib I
    - 7* and Titan Shards "compensation"
    - Megatron Crystals for winning a match

3 of those are likely to result in players pushing to advance to Vib and/or GC - meaning that they'll be pushing for higher tiers and thus away from the weaker accounts, as the season goes on.

Only the Megatron crystals potentially encourage sandbagging, meaning that they're losing more matches than they're winning, thus weaker teams are getting some chances at winning anyway.
    You think that Paragons and TB that barely made it to GC (there were some) will ever make it past the wall of GC players in Diamond next season when seeding is fixed?
    And the sandbagging is not done for the megatron crystals, its just 1 win for them. Its done for milestone rank rewards.
    If they don't make the rewards MUCH BETTER, without a Deathless piece or an actual incentive to get to GC it will fall back to being less interesting and stopping people to push and make the lower tiers a nightmare for the lower players again...
    I personally don't care, I never advocated for lower progression aocounts in the past in BGs; but saying this will be better is just wrong.

• Options

You just wanted the 2/1 system to make your climb to GC easier, this does not make it better for lower accounts.
    That's comical, considering I argued for months to have mitigated Matches because people would need some kind of incentive to play the game mode.
    Part of having strong and passionate ideas is the ability to reevaluate whether your ideas are still a valid concern. At the time, they were. We had all kinds of farming within a system that had no consequence for it. I haven't argued about Matchmaking for many months. My concern as of late has been the climb length every Season.
    Things have changed since my initial arguments. Do I still care about newer Players? Absolutely. That doesn't mean I want to agree to satiate them when something is better in the long run. The system will be imbalanced for a bit. Things will shift down the road.
    If memory serves, you were someone who argued endlessly against my concerns for new Players. Now that I'm on board, you're arguing that. Which is it?
  • Options
    edited June 26

That's comical, considering I argued for months to have mitigated Matches because people would need some kind of incentive to play the game mode.
    Part of having strong and passionate ideas is the ability to reevaluate whether your ideas are still a valid concern. At the time, they were. We had all kinds of farming within a system that had no consequence for it. I haven't argued about Matchmaking for many months. My concern as of late has been the climb length every Season.
    Things have changed since my initial arguments. Do I still care about newer Players? Absolutely. That doesn't mean I want to agree to satiate them when something is better in the long run. The system will be imbalanced for a bit. Things will shift down the road.
    If memory serves, you were someone who argued endlessly against my concerns for new Players. Now that I'm on board, you're arguing that. Which is it?
    You are on board because it benefits you rofl.
    Incentive? That is compensation its not incentive. It won't be there next season, same for the deathless piece...
    Short run? They are expecting a few months.. that's probably 2-3 seasons for it to be fixed... With no 15k 7* shards 10k titans or deathless piece in GC it will go back to being what it always has been with a free for all matchmaking. Its gonna be great.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,306 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Think of it the other way, the lower accounts have had inflated rewards for the past many seasons, so don’t really need to feel sorry for them.

Personally i don't think the rewards from silver or whatevet up to plat 2 are that crazy for a lower tier player. They can have that in my opinion. I just feel a little bad they have a difficult time if they like this gamemode. I think a fun gamemode inside a game for everyone be enjoyable for everyone up untill a certain point
    It's not that crazy for Valiants/Paragons, but definitely pretty decent (or even crazy) for Cavs and below. Imagine what UCs can buy to fast track their accounts with the BG rewards.

As much as it feels bad, there's nothing stopping those with smaller rosters to do story content (which have already been nerfed to eternity and beyond) to progress. It's their choice to not do it should they choose not to, and we shouldn't be taking the responsibility off them all in the name of making them "feel good".
  • Options

Incentive? That is compensation its not incentive. It won't be there next season, same for the deathless piece...
    Short run? They are expecting a few months.. that's probably 2-3 seasons for it to be fixed... With no 15k 7* shards 10k titans or deathless piece in GC it will go back to being what it always has been with a free for all matchmaking. Its gonna be great.
    A couple Seasons is not much when a system is better overall. I'm not talking about the comp. I'm talking about the new Milestones coupled with the Medal system. If you want to get them all, which you would be foolish not to if you care about progress at all, then you're going to need to rack up Wins. Which means you're going to progress one way or another.
    There are also more Tiers and more Rewards for lower Players to progress from overall.
    Don't conflate my concerns to be self-serving. My opinions have been loud enough to speak for themselves over the years.
  • Options

A couple Seasons is not much when a system is better overall. I'm not talking about the comp. I'm talking about the new Milestones coupled with the Medal system. If you want to get them all, which you would be foolish not to if you care about progress at all, then you're going to need to rack up Wins. Which means you're going to progress one way or another.
    There are also more Tiers and more Rewards for lower Players to progress from overall.
    Don't conflate my concerns to be self-serving. My opinions have been loud enough to speak for themselves over the years.
    Really? Isnt the time when 2/1 was impldtmented one of the few times you actually made it to GC?...
    What new milestones?.. they have been the same for the last 2 or 3 seasons....
    More tier rewards? They added like 9.5k trophies for the whole track. I have seen you complain and quit for a lot more rewards than 9.5k trophies.
    This is as self serving as it gets. You are fine that lower accounts don't get the safe heaven until Plat2 anymore cause now you might make it to GC. They might never make it past Diamond; but thats ok with you.
  • Options

Really? Isnt the time when 2/1 was impldtmented one of the few times you actually made it to GC?...
    What new milestones?.. they have been the same for the last 2 or 3 seasons....
    More tier rewards? They added like 9.5k trophies for the whole track. I have seen you complain and quit for a lot more rewards than 9.5k trophies.
    This is as self serving as it gets. You are fine that lower accounts don't get the safe heaven until Plat2 anymore cause now you might make it to GC. They might never make it past Diamond; but thats ok with you.
    They shouldn't be making it past Diamond, and never have I ever argued for a system that gave lower Accounts an easy street to the GC.
    There are more Tiers and more Rewards, yes. The first couple Brackets you get them for winning a Fight. More if you manage a lower Win ratio.
    What system were you arguing for that the lowest Accounts should be making it past Diamond?
    I've already explained myself ample times. My concerns are lessened because the system isn't the same. Things will balance more in a couple Seasons. Your argument is just getting old now. You keep saying I only care about myself, and you've been saying it all along these discussions. If that's what you think, have at it. That doesn't make it the case.
  • Options
    KetchupKetchup Posts: 2
    edited June 26
    Realmente essa mudança está muito desequilibrada, ninguém sobe de nível além de quem é Valente se você for Paragon como eu sou fico estacionado em prata 2 e as combinações de lutas injustas com adversários valente pra cima, o jogo passou de divertido para extremamente frustante. Estou deixando de lado por hora peguei nojo! 🤮