**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

New Battlegrounds Matchmaking update

This new matchmaking update is absolutely horrible for lower leveled players - previously the wall that lower leveled players hit was in platinum. We were able to claim the rewards up till then and gain points in the solo event, but now, the wall is hit in platinum. I, as an uncollected player, am playing against valiant players who are legends, with several rank 3 seven stars and their lowest prestige champion being about x3 mine. This is insanely unfair, I've played several matches and there just isn't a point because they simply kill my defender within 20 seconds because of the prestige difference. Prior to this season this wasn't a problem for me until platinum and it was great because battlegrounds was enjoyable and great for progression, but now I can't even win a single game of battlegrounds.

Essentially, Kabam moved the wall for f2p, newer, lower-level players from platinum to bronze.

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★
    Are you planning on staying UC forever?
  • Options
    dxxnyxldxxnyxl Posts: 30
    Of course not, but the skill jump from Act 5 to 6 is a big one for myself and other f2p players who don't spend several hours a day playing, but instead play it for fun. Battlegrounds used to be a place where I could grind for rewards so I try to progress further, and until this season I was on course to getting a 7 star and ranking up my 6 stars, but due to this, one of my main pathways to Cavalier and further has been cut off.
  • Options
    I would like to clarify, I do not have a 7 star, I was on course to getting one within a few seasons though.

I understand BGs is a competitive mode and it shouldn't be my main source, but when you are at a point where you are stuck in story and the events are pretty bad, there is nowhere for rewards such as Battlegrounds.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,499 ★★★★
    dxxnyxl said:

This new matchmaking update is absolutely horrible for lower leveled players - previously the wall that lower leveled players hit was in platinum. We were able to claim the rewards up till then and gain points in the solo event, but now, the wall is hit in platinum. I, as an uncollected player, am playing against valiant players who are legends, with several rank 3 seven stars and their lowest prestige champion being about x3 mine. This is insanely unfair, I've played several matches and there just isn't a point because they simply kill my defender within 20 seconds because of the prestige difference. Prior to this season this wasn't a problem for me until platinum and it was great because battlegrounds was enjoyable and great for progression, but now I can't even win a single game of battlegrounds.

Essentially, Kabam moved the wall for f2p, newer, lower-level players from platinum to bronze.

Yep, check back in a few seasons from now.
  • Options
    @klobberintyme

I agree with you, sure, in a few seasons from now it will be all fair and balanced and we will live happily ever after, but in the current season, this takes away a whole game mode from anybody cav and under.

One more thing - Who knows how long this will take to balance out? 3 months? 6 months? A year? Which uc/cav/tb player is going to wait that long?
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

@klobberintyme

I agree with you, sure, in a few seasons from now it will be all fair and balanced and we will live happily ever after, but in the current season, this takes away a whole game mode from anybody cav and under.

One more thing - Who knows how long this will take to balance out? 3 months? 6 months? A year? Which uc/cav/tb player is going to wait that long?

3-6-12 months is way too long to stay in those easier progression levels
    Just think of it this way.. the longer you stay in lower progression levels the gap will get bigger.
    You shouldn't worry about BGs, you should worry about beating story mode.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,656 ★★★★★
    I’ve told you my feelings on the BG change already, so commenting on something else here

You’re already ahead of the curve to what story content is designed for. Uncollected was designed for 4*. Cavalier for 5*. You already have by the sounds of it a good amount of 6*. Presumably newer ones too that are much more powerful than what the intended acts had at the time. So grind those and work on the skill aspect more than the roster aspect.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,499 ★★★★
    dxxnyxl said:

@klobberintyme

You're new here, so here's the real:

None of this is new data. They've just made the hard pivot in season 19 to make sure the invested client base (with the sunk hours/money) stay engaged, as that client base is good for 1) hours played and 2) money. If newbs fall to the wayside, so be it. This isn't a great time in any gaming company, so it is what it is.
  • Options
    @BringPopcorn

It really isn't that easy, in my case, I simply don't have the firepower to play storymode since my champions are under-ranked and under-leveled. I want to rank them up and progress them, and there aren't many options other than battlegrounds. Battlegrounds allows me to purchase resources through the store and the battlegrounds solo event allows me to get shards and other goods. Without battlegrounds it makes it 10x harder for me to progress.
  • Options
    @klobberintyme

I totally agree with you, this change hooks the junkies and it forces the newer players to start paying to get that same high. From kabams pov this is a great decision for money.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,560 ★★★★★
    dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

It really isn't that easy, in my case, I simply don't have the firepower to play storymode since my champions are under-ranked and under-leveled. I want to rank them up and progress them, and there aren't many options other than battlegrounds. Battlegrounds allows me to purchase resources through the store and the battlegrounds solo event allows me to get shards and other goods. Without battlegrounds it makes it 10x harder for me to progress.

Hopefully you're in an alliance. We all had to progress and rank up our champions without BG for years. You can do it. You got it.
  • Options
    Etm34 said:

I’ve told you my feelings on the BG change already, so commenting on something else here

You’re already ahead of the curve to what story content is designed for. Uncollected was designed for 4*. Cavalier for 5*. You already have by the sounds of it a good amount of 6*. Presumably newer ones too that are much more powerful than what the intended acts had at the time. So grind those and work on the skill aspect more than the roster aspect.

I finally learned how to reply,

BGs was also where I worked on the skill aspect, by playing against the strongest defenders I learned a lot about different abilities and etc.
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

If you have more than 3 5* R5 and 6* R2 they are nowhere near underleveled. I got cavalier with 5* R3 and my strongest champ was Cull Obsidian. If you can’t beat 6.1 now, it’s not a roster issue at all
  • Options

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

You are talking to people that became UC with 3 and 4*... Cav with 5... Had to grind hard and sometimes r3 a 6* they didnt even like to become TB....
    Agreed, but the game wasn't as complex as it as now. There are so many new, broken characters that add a whole layer of complexity to the storymode, not to mention the new nodes and balance changes in story.
  • Options
    Etm34 said:

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

If you have more than 3 5* R5 and 6* R2 they are nowhere near underleveled. I got cavalier with 5* R3 and my strongest champ was Cull Obsidian. If you can’t beat 6.1 now, it’s not a roster issue at all
    I do not have more than 3 rank 5 5 stars and 3 rank 2 6 stars.
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

You are talking to people that became UC with 3 and 4*... Cav with 5... Had to grind hard and sometimes r3 a 6* they didnt even like to become TB....
    Agreed, but the game wasn't as complex as it as now. There are so many new, broken characters that add a whole layer of complexity to the storymode, not to mention the new nodes and balance changes in story.
    Not in act 6 or 7, it’s the same champs and the nodes are literally easier than when a lot of us did it. That’s the point I’m trying to make here
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★
    Cancel BGs.
  • Options
    Okay I must have been wrong about storymode being harder, I admit that upon hearing from you guys.

But that still doesn't change the fact that this update to BGs is horrible, especially with the event being tied into battlegrounds (magnetron crystals locked behind daily bg quests)
  • Options

Cancel BGs.

#boycottbattlegrouds
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

Okay I must have been wrong about storymode being harder, I admit that upon hearing from you guys.

But that still doesn't change the fact that this update to BGs is horrible, especially with the event being tied into battlegrounds (magnetron crystals locked behind daily bg quests)

Locked?... Lol
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,047 ★★★★★
    dxxnyxl said:

After reading this thread, it sounds like you just simply need to keep practicing whatever story quest your on until you can get it down to minimal resources being used.
  • Options

dxxnyxl said:

Locked?... Lol
    They are locked essentially for lower level players, I simply can't win a match against a legend in bg so I'm not going to get that crystal daily, meaning this event is useless for f2p lower level players.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

dxxnyxl said:

After reading this thread, it sounds like you just simply need to keep practicing whatever story quest your on until you can get it down to minimal resources being used.
    Thats true I agree
  • Options
    edited June 26
    dxxnyxl said:

dxxnyxl said:

Locked?... Lol
    They are locked essentially for lower level players, I simply can't win a match against a legend in bg so I'm not going to get that crystal daily, meaning this event is useless for f2p lower level players.
    As stated elsewhere on different threads, legends badge means nothing (or at least very little). It doesn't mean you're a legendary player.
  • Options

dxxnyxl said:

dxxnyxl said:

Locked?... Lol
    As stated elsewhere on different threads, legends badge means nothing (or at least very little). It doesn't mean you're a legendary player.
    Well it illustrates the crazy skill you have and I meant to use it as a way to show how high ranked the players are, since usually you see legends having at least 6*r5s
  • Options
    edited June 26
    dxxnyxl said:

dxxnyxl said:

dxxnyxl said:

Locked?... Lol
    Well it illustrates the crazy skill you have and I meant to use it as a way to show how high ranked the players are, since usually you see legends having at least 6*r5s
    It means you were able to do the two lowest level EQ in less than 2-3 hours (depending on the month).

Or getting to zone 25 on incursions during two sperate months.