Bgs… How is it supposed to be easy?

SamosaSamosa Member Posts: 12
edited June 26 in General Discussion

These are my main champs for battlegrounds and the previous season my highest rank was vibranium 3… I’ve got pretty good skill and i’m barely valiant.

This season kabam said that they were going to make it easy to climb the victory track and I couldn’t care much but the 7* deathless vision piece is at the end and i’m grinding for him as my first 7* deathless champ

But climbing victory track seems impossible as i’m regularly getting accounts with rows of 7* r3 and 6* r5 ascended… I did defeat few but lost to most and finally reached platinum 2… so in what sense is the climbing easy except the two medals thingy?
Post edited by Kabam Crashed on

Comments

• SamosaSamosa Member Posts: 12
    edited June 26
    Buttehrs said:

With your roster, it's a skill issue. Sorry.

It may be but still i’m no match for the accounts I match with are 6 million base rating (i’m 1.5 million)

Also my skill is quite broken if you ask my alliance so it isn’t necessarily that
    Buttehrs said:

Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

It may be but still i’m no match for the accounts I match with are 6 million base rating (i’m 1.5 million)
    Your still a Valiant though. Meaning you absolutely have the experience needed to fight bigger enemies. It's skill and nothing more.
    But bro what would you do with a korg or maxed rintrah on defence

I do cheese other champs but the tanks are an headache

Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

Your still a Valiant though. Meaning you absolutely have the experience needed to fight bigger enemies. It's skill and nothing more.

... Rintrah? I dunno use your Titania? Scorp? Torch? Even Kate?....
    My scorp kate bullseye onslaught are always banned
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    There’s still like 23days, if you’re in plat you’re chillin.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,361 Guardian
    Samosa said:

This season kabam said that they were going to make it easy to climb the victory track

They said for most players it would be easier to promote. However, that was before the seeding glitch placed players about ten tiers lower than originally intended, and compressed all of the top players into lower tiers than intended.

It is still undoubtedly easier to promote: it takes fewer wins on average to earn five medals two at a time than three medals one at a time, particularly when you count losses. But none of that has anything to do with whether your competition is going to want to win more than you, and in Platinum tiers the only reason you didn't face these monsters last season is probably because you're in the same tiers as they are earlier in the season. It is still very early days, and P3 today is probably similar in competitive strength to D3 in the first week last season.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian
    Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

Korg is super easy with Bishop. You can just parry and light attack to remove rock stacks, then with Bishop just use your sp2 while rock stacks are on cooldown. Also worthwhile to learn korgs sp1 dex. You want to dex early on the first bullet he fires and then you can full dex the whole thing. Worth watching a video on. Takes time to get used to it, but I have faith that you can improve your skills.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 930 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

Korg is super easy with Bishop. You can just parry and light attack to remove rock stacks, then with Bishop just use your sp2 while rock stacks are on cooldown. Also worthwhile to learn korgs sp1 dex. You want to dex early on the first bullet he fires and then you can full dex the whole thing. Worth watching a video on. Takes time to get used to it, but I have faith that you can improve your skills.
    Or just be like me and take block damage, or think you can dex it and get hit in the face.

This...
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Or don't hit Korg's block and his sp1 won't be unblockable...
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★
    I think you need a reality check on your actual "skill" and get out of your alliance bubble
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    Bhuh, you have all the best korg counters!! Kushala will melt Korg in this meta! You also have onslaught CGR! You definitely have a skill issue! I have seen far weaker roster in GC!
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    At the END of LAST season you reached Vibranium
    So tell us why you think it will be easy to reach Vibranium during FIRST week of this season? 😃

Just wait out
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 445 ★★★★
    If you're actually interested in improving there's plenty of things you can do to get better.

After every match go through a little post mortem of every fight. Were there any mistakes made? Dexes missed, abilities forgotten about, power mismanaged? Think about what you could have done differently to avoid that. If you notice that one thing is consistently going wrong, take some time to practice that. Also look at the overall match, were there any drafts you could have done better, or counters you didn't think about?

It's also very helpful to watch people play battlegrounds. Literally every night there's multiple people streaming it on youtube, check out a few of them and pay attention to how they draft, the counters they use, and how they fight. If you're confused on something, just ask. Just about everyone would be happy to talk you through their thought process, and by watching multiple people you can get a great look at fights you might not have done yourself. If you're really dedicated you could record your own fights and go back to critique yourself with the benefit of hindsight.

Lastly, if you're valiant you should already know this, but everything in this game takes time. If you're struggling to get through the victory track now there's nothing you can do to get celestial by next week. What you can do, is keep track of your progress and celebrate the incremental improvements. Are you finding it easier to progress? Is your average match score going up? Maybe you finally feel confident dexing onslaught's sp1. They all represent progress and are worth feeling good about. Keep track of the ways you're improving, and before long you'll realize you're miles ahead of where you started
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

Samosa said:

Buttehrs said:

There are plenty of good options for those fights
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Samosa said:

This happens and i’m stuck in the same progression

The 3 losses you have, you didn't even try. Why should anyone be sympathetic to you?
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Samosa said:

These are my main champs for battlegrounds and the previous season my highest rank was vibranium 3… I’ve got pretty good skill and i’m barely valiant.

This season kabam said that they were going to make it easy to climb the victory track and I couldn’t care much but the 7* deathless vision piece is at the end and i’m grinding for him as my first 7* deathless champ

But climbing victory track seems impossible as i’m regularly getting accounts with rows of 7* r3 and 6* r5 ascended… I did defeat few but lost to most and finally reached platinum 2… so in what sense is the climbing easy except the two medals thingy?

You have a good deck, just have to get everyone to max rank, then it will be better 👍
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Member Posts: 170
    I can't get out of Gold. I played 5 matches yesterday, lost the first two fights in four of them, and only won the fifth one because the account was a minnow and quit before fighting. The champ rosters I'm facing are utterly enormous. 7-Star R3s, of which I have zero, and full rows of 6-star R5s with 200 sigs. And they are the latest, greatest champs like Onslaught. This game mode is pure torture, and totally unfair. There is no way a Deathless piece should be locked behind a very high rank of winners. It should be placed on the top level of the Solo Event Milestones, so that we can get it no matter how many matches we win or lose. Winning just gets it faster.
This discussion has been closed.