**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds Champ Relevance

2»

Comments

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★
    Other than what’s already mentioned, shuri is a great counter for kindred.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,989 ★★★★★
    Dab_west said:

In this current gc meta, scorp is decent to run at r6 (r5 ascended), but not needed. Scorp usually not run at the top of bgs. For domino counter, guardian is also a solid one and is somewhat more popular than shuri at higher ranks but shuri always good to have. AA needs the r6 for celestial level and after the bullseye change he won't be as good against bullseye as now and there are also a lot more bullseye counters to run than aa, like sunspot, cgr, onslaught, kushala, Negasonic ,etc

What about Red Guardian? I heard he's dependent on the sp2 critting. Should I just not bother investing into him since Science has all the 7* nukes?
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 149 ★★
    Polygon said:

Dab_west said:

In this current gc meta, scorp is decent to run at r6 (r5 ascended), but not needed. Scorp usually not run at the top of bgs. For domino counter, guardian is also a solid one and is somewhat more popular than shuri at higher ranks but shuri always good to have. AA needs the r6 for celestial level and after the bullseye change he won't be as good against bullseye as now and there are also a lot more bullseye counters to run than aa, like sunspot, cgr, onslaught, kushala, Negasonic ,etc

What about Red Guardian? I heard he's dependent on the sp2 critting. Should I just not bother investing into him since Science has all the 7* nukes?
    I think having an ascended red guardian is good, hes one of the fastest science nukes even as a 6 star, this meta hes somewhat hindered due to the armours
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Dab_west said:

In this current gc meta, scorp is decent to run at r6 (r5 ascended), but not needed. Scorp usually not run at the top of bgs. For domino counter, guardian is also a solid one and is somewhat more popular than shuri at higher ranks but shuri always good to have. AA needs the r6 for celestial level and after the bullseye change he won't be as good
    against bullseye as now and there are also a lot more bullseye counters to run than aa, like sunspot, cgr, onslaught, kushala, Negasonic ,etc

Not having one is imo a crime lol this was r2 Photon and she had five armor buffs when I dropped sp2

In any meta where he can crit properly he can easily handle 7* r3 defenders just as well as a r3 Hulk or Titania, and that's not an overexaggeration. As for the crits themselves, you just need him at sig 200 and a relic that applies a non damaging debuff, if you have that you will crit 90% of the time even against defenders like Doom and Rintrah.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Scorpion: Still may be good for Sasquatch because of the burst damage, petrify, and taunt. Is he good for Serpent however?

Shuri: Still great for Domino and any champ who can be shocked. She might be good for Bullseye because of her high block proficiency but not sure.

Archangel: Definitely worth R5A. Good for Sassy, Doom, Bullseye, Onslaught, etc.

Scorpion is not that good even for Sasquatch, it doesn't matter if you spam sp1 or go for sp2 heavy charge if it's a r3 Sasquatch there is no way in hell you're getting him down in under 60.
    Is this a sign that scorp should be a 7* soon?
    Pfft I wish but I think they're gonna make him Galan and Nimrod suffer for another year and once they vanish completely from 90% of the decks they will have their big comebacks.
    Yeah and considering how strong the science class is currently, though 7 star Nimrod would help the 7 star tech class a lot
    He probably still wouldn't be super relevant cause he wants sig 200 usually but yeah he'd improve the tech class a good amount.
  • Options

1 - What's your rotation with scorp? In bgs, Don't got for sp2, Always go for sp1 spam, that works the best for me. He is really good for this meta as he deals direct damage ignoring armor.
    2 - I have a r2 shuri and I rarely use her on attack. The two matchups where you can say you need shuri is, attuma and domino, But these guys already have a lot of counters. My nimrod can nuke domino in a sp2, But if I don't get to draft him, My r2 mysterio will get the job done while being a headache defender as well. So imo, Mysterio > Shuri for bgs.
    3 - r5 that archangel, He is must for certain fights in bgs, especially in higher tiers.

1. Even with sp1 spam he doesn't beat most of the science nukes in speed so unless op has none of the science nukes, probably not worth running.
    2. Mysterio is slower than Shuri in BGs even for Domino, he has to go for sp3 to get the damage going, Shuri can usually kill most Dominos in two sp1s if you use up all the precision passives after every sp1. As for Nimrod, he can't handle a lot of the problematic matchups you would normally use her for other than Domino.
    3. AA is not a must for anything anymore, he's easy to shut down with immunities and he takes a ton of block damage against most 7* r2 and above with block penetration.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,825 ★★★★★

Scorpion is still meta because of his utility. He often isn't the fastest option but his multiple immunities/DOTs, combined with his still solid speed means he almost never leaves my deck.

Shuri remains an extremely strong BG champion. A little bit less in the current VT meta, but my R3 Shuri pretty much never leaves my deck. She is massively underrated in a lot of matchups (for instance this season I have won multiple matches using her against Kingpin).

AA I wouldn't run at R4, and he is in my opinion falling off. I think similar to Torch, it's mostly because his loop requires you block and with the upper ranks full of R2/R3 defenders with block penetration stat focus you often take too much damage, even in ideal matchups. AA is still useful but definitely not an auto-include in a lot of metas.

Awesome input. Shuri is a clutch champ.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,825 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I typed out this whole post asking for advice only for it to be sent to the shadow realm because I tried to edit in a period so thanks Kabam lol

Anyway, I wanted to get rid of/add some champs to my deck to push for Celestial and I wanted some advice on 3 champs

1. Scorp: R5 ascended and sig 200 and he’s not doing much. Lots of faster science nukes with more versatility and he’s not coming in handy a lot. Anyone still see him being used? Are there better rotations for battlegrounds or should I just cut him? He’s not first on the chopping block cause I still have 2 champs that get used even less, but I wanted to see if there was anything impressive he’s been doing. I got use out of him when I first ranked him, but not as much recently. Kinda wish I did RG or Pig
    2. Shuri: Have her at r1. Skull seems to be the fastest domino killer now but if I don’t draft him, she still seems like an easy second choice since I don’t have Prowler ranked just yet. Anyone use her for anything else? I see her in a lot of higher tiers unlike Scorp and she does come in clutch for dominos so she might be a potential r2, but she isn’t the fastest
    3. AA is only r4 rn and I don’t use him much because he’s not r5. Great for bullseye but not so sure how he’ll be after the fix. Is he still goated at r5? I know there’s still a lot of matchups he can do, just haven’t had a chance to gauge him this meta since he’s not great for it

😂😂😂😂 Kabam be trippin'! Better not have any typos or punctuation mark errors and try to fix them. Your post will go straight to the shadow realm...never to be seen or heard from again 😂

This is why I always copy my post. I'm a detail oriented perfectionist when it comes to posts. But because of miniscule keyboards, typing and grammar mistakes happen.

And sometimes I'll think of something else to add...maybe something I forgot to add in the first place. If the gatekeepers of the forum slaps a wait time on it, no worries...instead of re-typing everything, I just paste what I copied. 😁
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 656 ★★★
    My AA is 200 sig 6R5A.

VS R2 Wiccan

VS R3 Domino

VS 6R5A Scorp

Fast enough…
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,942 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Scorpion: Still may be good for Sasquatch because of the burst damage, petrify, and taunt. Is he good for Serpent however?

Shuri: Still great for Domino and any champ who can be shocked. She might be good for Bullseye because of her high block proficiency but not sure.

Archangel: Definitely worth R5A. Good for Sassy, Doom, Bullseye, Onslaught, etc.

Scorpion is not that good even for Sasquatch, it doesn't matter if you spam sp1 or go for sp2 heavy charge if it's a r3 Sasquatch there is no way in hell you're getting him down in under 60.
    Pfft I wish but I think they're gonna make him Galan and Nimrod suffer for another year and once they vanish completely from 90% of the decks they will have their big comebacks.
    Yeah and considering how strong the science class is currently, though 7 star Nimrod would help the 7 star tech class a lot
    He probably still wouldn't be super relevant cause he wants sig 200 usually but yeah he'd improve the tech class a good amount.
    At sig one he can already benefit from a faster ramp
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Ramp ain't the problem, it's the increased potency and duration that really helps.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,592 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Ramp ain't the problem, it's the increased potency and duration that really helps.
    You're mostly gonna use him against mutants, and he doesn't need the max sig against mutants, he can still annihilate them. He needs his sig mostly for the non mutant matchups.

Just a dupe is enough for a 7* nimrod to become a Monster.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

You're mostly gonna use him against mutants, and he doesn't need the max sig against mutants, he can still annihilate them. He needs his sig mostly for the non mutant matchups.

Just a dupe is enough for a 7* nimrod to become a Monster.
    I wouldn't add Nimrod to my deck just to counter mutants personally, especially considering the only mutant matchup I'd realistically use him for is Domino. Bishop, Onslaught, Havok, Dust etc I'd just use Shocker Shuri Red Skull or FAM.