**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Rank Up Time: Mystic Edition

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,511 ★★★★★
Pushing in battlegrounds. Still no luck with Sassy, Wolf, or a Kindred dupe as a 7* so it’s time for a 6* rankup

I have plenty of defenders so this is more attack based, but if Maw cooks for some people, I wouldn’t mind another defender rank up

I have Tigra and Juggs as my mystic 6* r5’s currently. If you have any suggestions outside of the ones listed here, I’d hear those out too :)

Rank Up Time: Mystic Edition 53 votes

Werewolf
67%
PantherusNZSungjcaptaincushThatGuyYouSaw235AKTEKWinter_souljaOpandemoniosvilariumpeixemacacoAykut387Skillful_starjcphillips7Dfour24RenaxqqDoctor_Strange19Ioniqus_797ChiefGoatBarani7davsknight89Ultragamer 36 votes
The Hood
16%
Denzel116ItsClobberinTimeBeastDadJack2634The_0wenpusKoukentsuNemesis_17RiryokuShadowking79 9 votes
Maw (7* duped)
15%
Spity68Feeney234FunkBen_15455JoSpidey_10MidiRDR2JammyHulk808 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Werewolf
    I have a r3 Wolf, so I'm biased, but he's just a fantatsic champ. I recently awakened him which was huge, but you'll already likely have max sig with yours, so I'd go with him.

Second choice would be Hood, but I'd like to think he may be coming out soon as a 7*. Odds are it will be Titan, so I guess take that into account.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 624 ★★★
    Werewolf
    If it wasn't in BGs I would have said hood, but I run kingpin with hood a lot, and having him ranked a bit helps out a lot, but WWBN does a lot more damage and counters some of the trickier defenders better
  • Options

I have a r3 Wolf, so I'm biased, but he's just a fantatsic champ. I recently awakened him which was huge, but you'll already likely have max sig with yours, so I'd go with him.

Second choice would be Hood, but I'd like to think he may be coming out soon as a 7*. Odds are it will be Titan, so I guess take that into account.

I’ve stopped taking 7* into account because RNG has hated me recently lol. Yeah wolf is insanely versatile, only thing holding him back is the AI reparry garbage that they hopefully fix soon
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,632 ★★★★★
    Rank up someone like doom, abs man or sassy 6* for bgs.

Abs man is the best mystic for bgs. Great defender and great attacker, Especially great for this season.
  • Options

Abs man is the best mystic for bgs. Great defender and great attacker, Especially great for this season.

Doom isn’t relevant as an attacker and he’s not hard as a defender and Abs is an easy defender with most champs + too slow on attack lol. Great champs and the top of their class, just not for battlegrounds in GC
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Doom isn’t relevant as an attacker and he’s not hard as a defender and Abs is an easy defender with most champs + too slow on attack lol. Great champs and the top of their class, just not for battlegrounds in GC
    Mystic class as a whole sucks in defense, as Science class is very busted.

Regardless, Abs man is meta defender this season, probably the best, because of armor break immunity+regeneration. He stalls his usual counters. He is a insta pick this season and will never be banned cuz opponent always runs one as well.

He is also a fantastic attacker, can handle a lot of tricky fights including korg, attuma, maestro and maybe serpent due to his energy resistance (personally never tried him against serpent). He needs a bit of a AI coop so that's a downside.

If not, then you can go with sassy, a 6* 200 sig sassy is better than 7* r3 unduped. But the usual science nukes still melt him.

• Options

Emilia90 said:

Mystic class as a whole sucks in defense, as Science class is very busted.

Regardless, Abs man is meta defender this season, probably the best, because of armor break immunity+regeneration. He stalls his usual counters. He is a insta pick this season and will never be banned cuz opponent always runs one as well.

He is also a fantastic attacker, can handle a lot of tricky fights including korg, attuma, maestro and maybe serpent due to his energy resistance (personally never tried him against serpent). He needs a bit of a AI coop so that's a downside.

If not, then you can go with sassy, a 6* 200 sig sassy is better than 7* r3 unduped. But the usual science nukes still melt him.

Yeah science has driven mystic out of business for the most part. Kindred and Sassy are the 2 major meta defenders from that class because they have abilities that can still catch your opponents

He’s definitely more annoying this meta, but I was looking to make more general rank ups. As for offense, he can handle those, but he’s not usually my go to for anything. He has a ton of utility, just not enough range imo. Wolf can handle Photon, Onslaught, and Serpent very well, and Hood takes a ton of meta defenders like Korg and maestro as well but he’s much faster than abs

Sassy was a consideration, but I thought the 7* is what makes him a big threat with the additional tankiness
  • Options
    edited June 30
    Then go with 6* sassy. Sig 200 sassy can be very tanky cuz of regen, definitely better than a 7* r2 and even equal to a 7* r3 unduped.

He is also good in attack.

If you have a 7* dragon man, you may consider rankin him up. He is generally a troublesome defender and catch players off-guard.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,009 ★★★★
    Werewolf
    Wolf is one of the best Serpent and Maestro counters in BGs.

Still waiting for a 7* Hood though
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,104 ★★★★★
    edited July 2
    The Hood
    A while ago I said rank up 6* regardless of them being 7* but as someone with a r5 6* Wolf don't do it, I regret it 100%, don't listen to the votes just this once and go for Hood lol. Unfortunately, in this case Wolf is one of those champs that you really want as a 7* r2 because of the stats, the 6* is mid af and I doubt ascension would make that much of a difference.
    Unless you're facing a a defender with a ton of buffs like Galan or Hulkling he just won't be quick enough and his damage won't be that good either.
    I've tried r2 7* Maestros with my Werewolf and I end up having to trigger curse twice and throwing two sp2s in total which takes like 60-70 secs. He's terrible as a 6*, go Hood (who's also worth ascending)
  • Options

A while ago I said rank up 6* regardless of them being 7* but as someone with a r5 6* Wolf don't do it, I regret it 100%, don't listen to the votes just this once and go for Hood lol. Unfortunately, in this case Wolf is one of those champs that you really want as a 7* r2 because of the stats, the 6* is mid af and I doubt ascension would make that much of a difference.
    Unless you're facing a a defender with a ton of buffs like Galan or Hulkling he just won't be quick enough and his damage won't be that good either.
    I've tried r2 7* Maestros with my Werewolf and I end up having to trigger curse twice and throwing two sp2s in total which takes like 60-70 secs. He's terrible as a 6*, go Hood (who's also worth ascending)

I didn’t rank yet but wow, honestly didn’t think he was mid as a 6*. I’ve seen the 7* cook like crazy against pretty much every top defender (onslaught, serpent, photon, even bullseye from Msd) and I assumed the 6* would be doing similar stuff tbh. I really love playing him but haven’t been lucky enough to get him as a 7* 😭
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,717 ★★★★
    Werewolf

Woah, I've never been so glad to have held off ranking my 6* Doggy and pulling the 7*!

Is he worth ranking up as an upduped 7*?
  • Options

Woah, I've never been so glad to have held off ranking my 6* Doggy and pulling the 7*!

Not him but I have seen a lot of 7* unduped dog gameplay and he’s a beast. Awakened ability is very nice but he’s awesome as a 7*. I think both lags and msd have tons of unduped dog gameplay
  • Options
    The Hood
    Emilia90 said:

I didn’t rank yet but wow, honestly didn’t think he was mid as a 6*. I’ve seen the 7* cook like crazy against pretty much every top defender (onslaught, serpent, photon, even bullseye from Msd) and I assumed the 6* would be doing similar stuff tbh. I really love playing him but haven’t been lucky enough to get him as a 7* 😭
    That was the main reason I r5 mine and it's sad how much of a difference it makes, it's like you're using a different champ completely the 6* is so slow. Definitely wait for the 7* in his case, same goes for other champs like Chee'ilth and Ironheart.
  • Options
    The Hood

Yep, dupe doesn't really do much tbh.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,717 ★★★★
    Werewolf
    Nice - I assume he uses Special Damage Stat Focus?
  • Options
    The Hood

Nice - I assume he uses Special Damage Stat Focus?

That's what I've seen most people use yeah.
  • Options
    The Hood

Emilia90 said:

That was the main reason I r5 mine and it's sad how much of a difference it makes, it's like you're using a different champ completely the 6* is so slow. Definitely wait for the 7* in his case, same goes for other champs like Chee'ilth and Ironheart.
    Update:

Yeah I wasted my resources, @Emilia90 this is a sign, please don't do it 💀
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Update:

Awesome but also sad for the r5 wolf. But hey, now you can rip stuff apart with a 7* r2

What do I have to do to escape this crystal luck that I’m having rn and pull him? Howl while opening my crystal?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,955 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Update:

Awesome but also sad for the r5 wolf. But hey, now you can rip stuff apart with a 7* r2

What do I have to do to escape this crystal luck that I’m having rn and pull him? Howl while opening my crystal?
    Just rank the 6*. Then you'll inevitably pull the 7*, lol
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Update:

I ranked bishop 2 months ago, where is my 7* bishop?😭
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,955 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Update:

I ranked bishop 2 months ago, where is my 7* bishop?😭
    I'm holding onto him for you? 😬
  • Options
    The Hood
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Update:

Already am, I always liked Doggo, it's unfortunate how mid the 6* is.

Yes try howling while it's spinning, but first pull double Gambit dupe in a row + Hawkeye and War Machine dupe. Worked for me lmao.