How does bullseye having a theoretical infinite duration evade on standby any fair to players?

13»

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

JK_47 said:

I think we are getting sidetracked,
    OP's concern was "infinite duration evade on standby is BS"
    I agree with OP, no mechanic should have standby for infinite duration.... it's really messed up

I don't understand this complaint. Lots of champs have abilities with "standby for infinite duration" if that means "they wait an indefinite amount of time to trigger." Even something like Luke Cage's indestructible would seem to qualify. Some are arguably better than Bullseye's evade: Jessica Jones can just go unstoppable and unblockable when you try to use specials against her once she's ramped up (and assuming you have debuffs on you). It doesn't even have a cooldown.

The champ most similar to Bullseye's evade is probably Ultron. Every seven seconds he gets an evade charge, and it persists indefinitely until you attack and trigger it. That sounds a lot like Bullseye, and he's been around almost forever.
    Not even the same at all. Bullseye's evade has no cooldown at all. If he throws his sp1it goes on cooldown but as soon as you get back to an sp1 he has it right back up. Luke cage has a timer that is like 30-50 secs I think. Bullseye is just however long it takes for him to get to an sp1 again.
    And also sometimes he refuses to throw the sp1 for whatever reason
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,879 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

JK_47 said:

I think we are getting sidetracked,
    OP's concern was "infinite duration evade on standby is BS"
    I agree with OP, no mechanic should have standby for infinite duration.... it's really messed up

I don't understand this complaint. Lots of champs have abilities with "standby for infinite duration" if that means "they wait an indefinite amount of time to trigger." Even something like Luke Cage's indestructible would seem to qualify. Some are arguably better than Bullseye's evade: Jessica Jones can just go unstoppable and unblockable when you try to use specials against her once she's ramped up (and assuming you have debuffs on you). It doesn't even have a cooldown.

The champ most similar to Bullseye's evade is probably Ultron. Every seven seconds he gets an evade charge, and it persists indefinitely until you attack and trigger it. That sounds a lot like Bullseye, and he's been around almost forever.
    Umm… no. Tell us you don’t play Ultron without telling us.
    He's talking about the other Ultron - the one you get by exploring the Labyrinth of Legends.