Please fix this 😭

13»

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    edited July 10

well, i have app version 45.1 (according to app info on my android) and IT IS NOT FIXED AT ALL!

in practice mode, my valkirie gets constantly paried by my human torch.

Since this was comunicated like its fixed, I guess its fixed after all.... in the exact samy way like that fix for the werewolf by nights medium.... NONE AT ALL.... well thank you wery much.... for nothing but empty words. again.

Not saying it is fixed, but a quick practice match with my Valk against OGIM produced zero parries from hitting into his block. Will keep testing to see whether there’s a difference.

Also no parries against Wong or Destroyer in practice either.

Dr. Zola
  • pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Member Posts: 55
    DrZola said:

Not saying it is fixed, but a quick practice match with my Valk against OGIM produced zero parries from hitting into his block. Will keep testing to see whether there’s a difference.

Also no parries against Wong or Destroyer in practice either.

Dr. Zola

well, good for you then, sad thing its not fixed for me. I encountered random parry in arena fros so I thought i might not have the updated version but i do, so i tested it again, and yes, it happened. unlike the original issue, i only get paried like every other combo, but still pretty frequently
  • pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Member Posts: 55
    ok, I did few more tests now, specificaly with the valkyrie, and had some runs where it did not happened, others where it did. And to be honest, for champ like valk, if this happens even maybe once, this is an issue. A serious one. even if it will be randomly happening like in one of twenty fights it will be a problem, and i am pretty sure it will be then frowned uppon like a skill issue, while this should never ever happen at all in the first place, while we have champs like Hulking for example who are expected to hit the block in the first place. And that upcomming x-magica, why do I see a connection to that here? oh well.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★

ok, I did few more tests now, specificaly with the valkyrie, and had some runs where it did not happened, others where it did. And to be honest, for champ like valk, if this happens even maybe once, this is an issue. A serious one. even if it will be randomly happening like in one of twenty fights it will be a problem, and i am pretty sure it will be then frowned uppon like a skill issue, while this should never ever happen at all in the first place, while we have champs like Hulking for example who are expected to hit the block in the first place. And that upcomming x-magica, why do I see a connection to that here? oh well.

I agree it’s a big issue for Valk specifically and every other champ generally. To the extent there’s another set of nodes for content that requires hitting into block, then it becomes a game-breaking issue.

Double medium reparry has been a massive issue personally (as you can see from posts). Fixing something only to break something else shouldn’t be considered a fix at all.

Dr. Zola
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 425 ★★★
    Did a lot of hitting into block on thing. Got parried once. And that's once too many. Not double mediums either
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 238
    BigBlueOx said:

I wish communications like this would stop. The information that is being communicated is fine but the tone of this like they were innocent bystanders or even victims of this is beyond dishonest. This was caused by an intentional change they made to the AI, they are not innocent and blameless actors and it’s frustrating that this is the selected tone of a communication about this.

I would have far more respect for them if they owned the action here, especially if it was an unintended consequence of them trying to fix something else. But a tone like this makes me feel like there is a level of dishonesty involved here, where they are intentionally trying to overtune the AI and got caught going too far. And there’s no way they play test if they don’t play test for core mechanics like this one.
    It was definitely a change to affect the x-magica showcase , they simple didn't care to test before releasing it
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Member Posts: 666 ★★★★
    I died more than a couple times in the War Showcase due to the reparry bug. I’d try to remember to not hit block, but at some point you have to in order to get the indestructibles off.
  • WolfrhkWolfrhk Member Posts: 83
    Tried to hit CGRs block in War Showcase with Void, got reparried and KOd. Still not fixed
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

DrZola said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Said it for months now… another AI change to make things worse… fun

I mean it’s pretty obviously a bug lmao. I’d quit if this was intentional
    Sorry at this point, I’m a skeptic until it’s fixed. To much burnt good will on my end by things like this.

Words are empty on these things, it would be nice to see some action
    Absolutely agree on this. Cautious optimism is the best I can muster.

Moreover, I’m eagerly awaiting the apology for the year-long double medium reparry bug in my inbox.

Dr. Zola
    You mean the one they actively ignored for months on months?
    While I’m firm that this bug has persisted for wayy too long and is unacceptable, they’ve acknowledged and said they’re trying to fix it. It’s more so an inability to fix rather than ignoring it outright
    Billion dollar company, I don’t care. They should not fire staff when they need them.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    So still not fixed. Another great patch…
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

DrZola said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Said it for months now… another AI change to make things worse… fun

I mean it’s pretty obviously a bug lmao. I’d quit if this was intentional
    Sorry at this point, I’m a skeptic until it’s fixed. To much burnt good will on my end by things like this.

Words are empty on these things, it would be nice to see some action
    Absolutely agree on this. Cautious optimism is the best I can muster.

Moreover, I’m eagerly awaiting the apology for the year-long double medium reparry bug in my inbox.

Dr. Zola
    You mean the one they actively ignored for months on months?
    While I’m firm that this bug has persisted for wayy too long and is unacceptable, they’ve acknowledged and said they’re trying to fix it. It’s more so an inability to fix rather than ignoring it outright
    Billion dollar company, I don’t care. They should not fire staff when they need them.
    Do you run a billion dollar company too? Just wondering cause it seems they could use the advice...
    Did the hot fix go out already? And when will the full fix happen? Is this now going to be a permanent risk in competitive content?
    It's not fixed as of right now. I tried practice mode with Valkyre against different champs. Can't even do a 4 hit combo into block without getting parried every single time.
    If this risk remains after “fixes” maybe we should call it what it is… a shadow nerf to Valk, Hulkling, Masacre, and any other champ that benefits from hitting into the block
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

If this risk remains after “fixes” maybe we should call it what it is… a shadow nerf to Valk, Hulkling, Masacre, and any other champ that benefits from hitting into the block

Which would be completely kit-destroying to those characters. Cause this isn't a new champ who's kit is intended to counter this, this affects every single champ. I can't imagine how furious the community would be if this remained, so no matter how we may feel about some decisions and bugs and fixes this game have, Kabam couldn't really really afford to do that, could they? ... lol
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    Is this fixed yet?

Bearing in mind that I generally ignore walls of node text and don't do AW so the saga stuff confuses me, I was parried during a combo into block a few times while completing showcase just now.

Bug still present or am I just an idiot?

The answer can be yes to both.
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 161 ★★

Is this fixed yet?

Bearing in mind that I generally ignore walls of node text and don't do AW so the saga stuff confuses me, I was parried during a combo into block a few times while completing showcase just now.

Bug still present or am I just an idiot?

The answer can be yes to both.

Had an ally mate say it happened to them in the showcase too so I assume it’s not fixed sadly

I've been hearing from other streamers that Kabam should temporarily remove the parry mastery for defenders. Surely that will resolve the issue in the short term until the problem can be fixed?
    Wolfrhk said:

I've been hearing from other streamers that Kabam should temporarily remove the parry mastery for defenders. Surely that will resolve the issue in the short term until the problem can be fixed?

It would be the wisest course of action. We can only hope that’s the path forward while we wait for a fix, rather than it being added to the list of junk we are asked to tolerate
  • ReptoidReptoid Member Posts: 43
    Getting parried by Peni hitting her block trying to get her shield down, really was the engaging gameplay I was looking for.

Hope they are aware this isn't fixed at all.
  • Cyborg17Cyborg17 Member Posts: 124
    When will you fix this **** bug ?
    I’m definitely getting concerned that this will be left as a risk moving forward
  • MordMord Member Posts: 135 ★★
    Just got parried hitting into block with Hulkling in BGs. The issue is reduced but not solved.

Honest question - is this considered fixed?. I couldn’t find dev comments after the hotfix.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★

Avnish said:

The team is aware of this and working on it right now. The good news is once this is fixed, the double hit parry should also be fixed.

Same issue for me as well. I observed it after update..Thanks for the update. Until than we can't use top attacker of bg like Hulkling, ments, massacre.

Any timeline for this @Kabam Crashed
    There should be an initial fix before the end of the day. Doesn't mean it will be perfect but it should be much better once it is live.
    Still getting Parry when hitting into Block in the last few days, most recently about an hour ago with Valkyrie in Arena.

I understand the temporary fix is not meant to be perfect, but really hope this get fix properly soon, as it have such a massive affect on gameplay and Nodes.