Please fix this 😭

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

And we're supposed to get X-magica AW Showcase I assume tomorrow? With the game in this state, I think all our fates have been sealed, if it is tomorrow then good luck everyone break a leg 💀

Lmao true. I think the AI thing should be fixed by then but my game is currently running at 2fps and I don’t know if I want to play showcase like that
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

And we're supposed to get X-magica AW Showcase I assume tomorrow? With the game in this state, I think all our fates have been sealed, if it is tomorrow then good luck everyone break a leg 💀

Lmao true. I think the AI thing should be fixed by then but my game is currently running at 2fps and I don’t know if I want to play showcase like that
    You and me both, especially not the X-Magica meta which is widely known for being one of the most rage inducing AW metas we've ever had and that's an understatement.
  • ZsirhcZZsirhcZ Member Posts: 198
    So does Gladiator. Just lost an arena match due the reparry bug.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★

The team is aware of this and working on it right now. The good news is once this is fixed, the double hit parry should also be fixed.

Thanks. Today I pulled werewolf and I can rank 2 him if this is fixed.
    He's worth ranking even with the bug. I R3'd mine and use him all the time. The only time I really got reparried was during the X-Magicka stuff when you HAD to attack into block.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★

Sounds like a crazy coincidence…
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Just came looking for this. Just played a BGs match using Hulkling and Gladiator and I was getting parried on normal blocks into Onslaught and Void. Figured something was amiss. Kind of royally screws those 2 champs whole damage rotation.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    ** Re-Parry Issue **
    HotFix .. (not sure if Server Side change, or if would be new Download patch, but should be able to tell in game whether Re-Parry is different).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/371315/45-1-hotfix-update-07-09-2024#latest

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★

** Re-Parry Issue **
    HotFix .. (not sure if Server Side change, or if would be new Download patch, but should be able to tell in game whether Re-Parry is different).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/371315/45-1-hotfix-update-07-09-2024#latest

New Download Patch
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    Bro I just got parried mid doom sp3 cycle to sp1, and it caused me the match🙂
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★

The team is aware of this and working on it right now. The good news is once this is fixed, the double hit parry should also be fixed.

Why were you playing around with the AI again? Instead of this you should be looking into opponents throwing a special right after Titania’s sp3…
    Because we have been having problems with double hit champs into block?.. and the x magika aw showcase is comming out tomorrow?
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 238
    edited July 10

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

DrZola said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Said it for months now… another AI change to make things worse… fun

I mean it’s pretty obviously a bug lmao. I’d quit if this was intentional
    Sorry at this point, I’m a skeptic until it’s fixed. To much burnt good will on my end by things like this.

Words are empty on these things, it would be nice to see some action
    Absolutely agree on this. Cautious optimism is the best I can muster.

Moreover, I’m eagerly awaiting the apology for the year-long double medium reparry bug in my inbox.

Dr. Zola
    You mean the one they actively ignored for months on months?
    While I’m firm that this bug has persisted for wayy too long and is unacceptable, they’ve acknowledged and said they’re trying to fix it. It’s more so an inability to fix rather than ignoring it outright
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
    I’m not seeing a new version in the Apple AppStore yet - have they released it on the Android side? If so does it seem to be working? Definitely don’t want to do the SoS gauntlet nor the Saga/AW solo event with this bug.

I’m not seeing a new version in the Apple AppStore yet - have they released it on the Android side? If so does it seem to be working? Definitely don’t want to do the SoS gauntlet nor the Saga/AW solo event with this bug.

If it makes u feel any better i didnt see any on the android either...
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Member Posts: 259 ★★★
    I got into a whole spat a few days ago who insisted this wasn't a thing and that I must just suck at the game
    Caleb1705 said:

I got into a whole spat a few days ago who insisted this wasn't a thing and that I must just suck at the game

Well it wasnt a few days ago.. its a bug from today... So....he/she/them was/were right...
  • AttishAttish Member Posts: 33
    Can we expect the Hotfix to be available for iOS before the events are launching today?
    The official communication said that the fix is up But No sign in the Appstore yet.
  • ElthanElthan Member Posts: 93 ★★

Some months ago the Team said they don't touch the AI. Can we please have an aknowledgement that you're effectively "passively" (or "actively") tinkering with the AI for the past months ?

AI time reaction and behaviour is getting out of hand: being parried middle combo side-step intercepted, dash intercepted, AI throwing special before being back on their feet after a heavy attack, no recovery time between 2 combos allowing us to block or dash back, and so on...
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Can't wait to hit opponent's block to remove indestructible, only to get parried and die 🥰
    Can't wait to try Thing with Masacre and get absolutely wrecked.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    edited July 10
    Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

DrZola said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Said it for months now… another AI change to make things worse… fun

I mean it’s pretty obviously a bug lmao. I’d quit if this was intentional
    Sorry at this point, I’m a skeptic until it’s fixed. To much burnt good will on my end by things like this.

Words are empty on these things, it would be nice to see some action
    Absolutely agree on this. Cautious optimism is the best I can muster.

Moreover, I’m eagerly awaiting the apology for the year-long double medium reparry bug in my inbox.

Dr. Zola
    You mean the one they actively ignored for months on months?
    While I’m firm that this bug has persisted for wayy too long and is unacceptable, they’ve acknowledged and said they’re trying to fix it. It’s more so an inability to fix rather than ignoring it outright
    @BigBlueOx
    I think the nuance here is that it “feels” ignored because apart from reference in an update, there hasn’t been a lot of mod interaction re: this issue. Now that we know there has been a significant amount of turmoil for the mod team, it makes more sense that there wouldn’t be a lot said about it.

Add to the frustration that it is a pain point precisely because it happens to affect some of the best attackers in game (Cat, Silk, WW)—if it only affected VtD or Drax, it wouldn’t be mentioned much.

As for apology and/or remedy, I say that seriously—it shouldn’t be game-breaking, but it certainly affected previous Showcase runs, AW, BGs and perhaps other areas. And it has been long running and persistent.

Dr. Zola
  • pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Member Posts: 55
    edited July 10
    well, i have app version 45.1 (according to app info on my android) and IT IS NOT FIXED AT ALL!

in practice mode, my valkirie gets constantly paried by my human torch.

Since this was comunicated like its fixed, I guess its fixed after all.... in the exact samy way like that fix for the werewolf by nights medium.... NONE AT ALL.... well thank you wery much.... for nothing but empty words. again.