Showcase boss

2»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

For those of us who don’t AW and don’t know the nodes/other fights, who are you all using for the fights leading up to the boss?

This was my team for right lane, 45 sec fights most of them really easy

Even Thing is easy just really slow cause with Werewolf you wanna strike on block only 80% of the time.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★

Black cat. Soloed him both times.

How did you managed to bait specials without triggering indestructible?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★

For those of us who don’t AW and don’t know the nodes/other fights, who are you all using for the fights leading up to the boss?

Even Thing is easy just really slow cause with Werewolf you wanna strike on block only 80% of the time.
    How are you able to play around kate's damage reflection on purify? Or you never hit her when stunned?
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★

Played sloppy but still a relatively easy solo, one revive on void because again, sloppy game play but one revive for entire left side run was easy

How are you able to play around kate's damage reflection on purify? Or you never hit her when stunned?
    Start by hitting on block with Bishop until you get the 7 passive prowess, go crazy from there. It can be tricky if she's too aggressive but if you throw a light she will hold block, same strategy for KP.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,340 ★★★★★
    Kushala, Dom, Negasonic, and Kate for the left side and Kushala, Dom, Negasonic, and Onslaught for the right. Kushala handled most of it (Shuri, CGR, Lady D, Thing, Adam, IMIW) and Dom did most of the rest. Kate and Onslaught were both for one fight (Void and Nick respectively) and Negasonic did nothing lol. Overall very fun
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 374 ★★
    Ibij said:

Dani moonstar also work she is magic champion, her sp1 slow also counter unstoppable

Used her. Dani monster that is and soloed him both times. Easy fight
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    Two solo’s with Void, he is a great option
    Team for left lane:

Titan pull, first time dupe so not mad about it now I can do Bullseye and Photon with her (let me cope 🙃)

• jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 368 ★★★
    Confirmed, Dani is a fantastic option if you have her! It takes a while, but it's a very safe solo. Just keep spamming sp1 and make sure to keep your x-magica counter up. You'll rarely take block damage thanks to her illusions.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,293 ★★★★★
    Used Domino... A lot of block hitting; but she worked
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    edited July 11
    I knocked it out this PM. Definitely found it more enjoyable than the last one. Only fight I had a hard time on was IMIW - got him down to 50% on the first try then had some sort of mental lapse with him and my Galan and took an embarrassing number of revives to get him down (like 5 or 6?). All the rest of the fights were either solos or 1-3 revives if I got sloppy. Thanks to @ItsClobberinTime for the Bishop tip on Kate - was a pretty easy solo with that advice.

Boss was pretty easy with Black Cat. Solo’d him the first time, then needed a revive or two the second time as the AI wasn’t cooperating around blocking him to remove the indestructible.

Overall felt the difficulty was more in line with the rewards this time around, so kudos to Kabam for that.

I knocked it out this PM. Definitely found it more enjoyable than the last one. Only fight I had a hard time on was IMIW - got him down to 50% on the first try then had some sort of mental lapse with him and my Galan and took an embarrassing number of revives to get him down (like 5 or 6?). All the rest of the fights were either solos or 1-3 revives if I got sloppy. Thanks to @ItsClobberinTime for the Bishop tip on Kate - was a pretty easy solo with that advice.

Boss was pretty easy with Black Cat. Solo’d him the first time, then needed a revive or two the second time as the AI wasn’t cooperating around blocking him to remove the indestructible.

Overall felt the difficulty was more in line with the rewards this time around, so kudos to Kabam for that.

Glad it helped! I wasn't sure how I was gonna deal with both of them with Bishop when I went in but when I read the tactic it just clicked immediately. Very easy if you use that strategy against both.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Kushala, Dom, Negasonic, and Kate for the left side and Kushala, Dom, Negasonic, and Onslaught for the right. Kushala handled most of it (Shuri, CGR, Lady D, Thing, Adam, IMIW) and Dom did most of the rest. Kate and Onslaught were both for one fight (Void and Nick respectively) and Negasonic did nothing lol. Overall very fun

Well damn, I really gotta figure out how to use my R4 Ascended Kushala that I've used like 3 times lol.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Don’t have any ranked up champs for this so I used cgr, hulkling and kate, and sunspot for boss. Was not fun lol
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    How come there's no 'master thread' created on this showcase but a ton of pages on Incursions? Is this so hard that most people aren't doing it? Or that the ones that would do it are having an actual relatively easy time with it? The last showcase was an absolute disaster for me at the time so I just gave up.

This one obviously has a major incentive for me to try though with the Magnetron crystals locked behind it.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    Mojo r5a solo both times.

ok, the first time he died at 2,800 hp, but pretty close.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Got to test out my new r3 WPX. A very slow fight, but his "bleed" hits were able to keep the rock stacks in check, and his regen kept him going if I slipped up due to boredom. Sunspot was another decent option. Probably had to end up doing 3-4 sp3 rotations to get my solar charges back, but he worked fine.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★

What’s the approach to prevent indestructible? Reparry?

Dr. Zola
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

What’s the approach to prevent indestructible? Reparry?

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola yes. I also used Black Cat. First time the AI cooperated and I got a solo. 2nd time it didn’t cooperate and getting enough parry’s to get rid of indestructible was more difficult. 2 revives for me. But generally she destroys him.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★
    Stryfe? He can remove unstoppable at the cost of two telepathic charges
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    Idk about anything but I know that my r3 dust made that thing into pebble.

She IGNORES his unstoppable when in sandstorm (sandstorm start with heavy or sp3) so just hit lol.

Without unstoppable, this boss fight is just practice mode with nothing to worry about.

10/10 very fun.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    My first time doing X-Magica.

It was WORSE than this before?????

What an awful idea.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    My teams:

WWbN and Angela for CGR and LDS.

Bottom: Havok for Kate, Bishop for KP and Nick. WWbN for Adam, Havok for Shuri.

Top: WWbN for Aarkus, Angela for IWIM. Cheeilth for Spot and Void.

Subbed Void at choice node; needed him for top lane, didn’t need him for bottom.

Burned maybe 5-6 revives on top lane (all Spot-Void-Thing); used one 20% revive on bottom lane (to be able to drop Void in for Angela).

Dr. Zola