I want to set up my roster for easy arena grind and I need help!

FreezingShadowFreezingShadow Member Posts: 12
I need advice on what I should be striving for when ranking up my roster for arena. I want to be able to get all the mile stones in all three arenas. For summoner trials I was thinking I get max 4*s, for basic use max 5*s and for featured use my 6 stars but I'm not sure the minimum rank they should be for easy fights. I'm a returning player and I dont have many maxed rank ups for any stars. What should I prioritize when striving for this goal?

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★

I need advice on what I should be striving for when ranking up my roster for arena. I want to be able to get all the mile stones in all three arenas. For summoner trials I was thinking I get max 4*s, for basic use max 5*s and for featured use my 6 stars but I'm not sure the minimum rank they should be for easy fights. I'm a returning player and I dont have many maxed rank ups for any stars. What should I prioritize when striving for this goal?

What you explained is what i usually do. Then there is also another old method called “kamikaze style” which is the opposite of building streak. You just keep fighting on even if you lose since the points will be accumulated to reach all the milestones in the end and oftentimes it is faster for those that don’t have a stacked collection.

I still do the kamikaze style despite having a huge collection because eventually the game has to follow the meta of those new champions and that also affect the arena system to build up streak points so it’s just easier to do the kamikaze style.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★
    How many maxed, r3, and r4 4s, 5s, and 6s do you have currently?
  • FreezingShadowFreezingShadow Member Posts: 12
    Daddrieda said:

What you explained is what i usually do. Then there is also another old method called “kamikaze style” which is the opposite of building streak. You just keep fighting on even if you lose since the points will be accumulated to reach all the milestones in the end and oftentimes it is faster for those that don’t have a stacked collection.

I still do the kamikaze style despite having a huge collection because eventually the game has to follow the meta of those new champions and that also affect the arena system to build up streak points so it’s just easier to do the kamikaze style.
    So you just build your mutipler to 3 and start using your best champs until you lose? This is what I've been doing but I didn't know it had a name lol

Maxed 4 and 5 stars I'm sitting at about 10 each and 6*s I'm sitting at 1 rank 3 and a couple rank 2s!
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★

Maxed 4 and 5 stars I'm sitting at about 10 each and 6*s I'm sitting at 1 rank 3 and a couple rank 2s!
    Honestly it may be tough or at least very time consuming for you.

For me, I take my top 45 champs to get to the streak of 15, starting at the lower and the 15th match being your top champs. If you can get that with relative ease, then you'll just play on the refresh but at that point start at the top. It may take you the full 3 days to hit all unit milestones. I only hit the 10th milestone on the trials arena for 130 units. With the other 2 arenas, that's 400 units per cycle for me.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    edited July 19
    You can just Rankup to 1 rank BELOW Max, for the Star versions that are the highest of what is allowed in that arena.
    Then (a) they should always fall above the “minimum team” cutoff, and (b) even if they don’t they are only 1 rank below what you would get for an opponent and should still easily be winnable.

For you, this basically only applies to 4* for that lower arena.
    Just take more champs up to even Rank 3/30 (or some to 4/40), and don’t worry about wasting further resources to get them to 4* 5/50.

4* at 3/30’s should still be able to win matches, but fights will be longer.
    4/40’s may not be as many points as you’d get using 5/50. But you could do MORE matches at a time. (and can continue the streak indefinitely, so long as you stick to just those champs r3 and above).
    Even mix together some 3/30 with 4/40 in case you might lose some individual 3/30 fights.

———
    For the Basic and Featured, since 6* are involved, you’re well below what you would need for streaks, so just maximize points at various multipliers with what you have (higher champs at higher multipliers, up to when you could no longer continue winning).

Ending with 2nd to last match being 2 higher champs with 1 lowest possible allowed champ (2 fights win, plus match, at a 3x mult)
    Followed by single high champ with 2 low ones (as your at least win 1 last fight at 3x mult, while losing match, and resetting back to 1x afterwards)
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★

Daddrieda said:

So you just build your mutipler to 3 and start using your best champs until you lose? This is what I've been doing but I didn't know it had a name lol
    Yes, but I just start immediately from the best to lowest without a care since the points will be accumulated over time anyway. Even if I do lose some there and there I simply don’t mind as I just keep going because I see how closer I am to get all the milestones. Tired of dancing back and forth with the AI just because the meta having Onslaught, bullseye and many champions in arena just like to play it hard.

You can just Rankup to 1 rank BELOW Max, for the Star versions that are the highest of what is allowed in that arena.
    Then (a) they should always fall above the “minimum team” cutoff, and (b) even if they don’t they are only 1 rank below what you would get for an opponent and should still easily be winnable.

For you, this basically only applies to 4* for that lower arena.
    Just take more champs up to even Rank 3/30 (or some to 4/40), and don’t worry about wasting further resources to get them to 4* 5/50.

4* at 3/30’s should still be able to win matches, but fights will be longer.
    4/40’s may not be as many points as you’d get using 5/50. But you could do MORE matches at a time. (and can continue the streak indefinitely, so long as you stick to just those champs r3 and above).
    Even mix together some 3/30 with 4/40 in case you might lose some individual 3/30 fights.

———
    For the Basic and Featured, since 6* are involved, you’re well below what you would need for streaks, so just maximize points at various multipliers with what you have (higher champs at higher multipliers, up to when you could no longer continue winning).

Ending with 2nd to last match being 2 higher champs with 1 lowest possible allowed champ (2 fights win, plus match, at a 3x mult)
    Followed by single high champ with 2 low ones (as your at least win 1 last fight at 3x mult, while losing match, and resetting back to 1x afterwards)

THIS IS HELPFUL THANK YOU!!!!
  • Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Member Posts: 36
    I’m also currently working on improving my 4* roster for arenas. Anyone got any advice on easy ways to get catalysts?