Chris Evans was 2 characters, RDJ will be fine.

SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 409 ★★
Chris Evans was perfect as Johnny Storm. People didn’t like him coming on as Cap. He IS Cap.
RDJ will do the same. He will own the new role.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,219 ★★★★★
    I'm curious how Spider-Man will interact with him.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,219 ★★★★★

Yeah, but it is gonna be difficult to see him as Doom because he played Iron-Man and he had a perfect send off. Logan isn’t the same because the actor is playing the same character, just a different variant. This is either a masterstroke or huge desperation.

Desperation. MCU has gone to ****, only Spider-Man is the only acceptable IP left.
    I'd love Ron Pearlman as Doom.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 5,579 ★★★★★

Sirmacool said:

Also had Brolin as Cable and Thanos. Did just fine.

Brolin played Cable when Deadpool was property of Sony. We're talking about an actor playing two different characters in the same MCU, there is a difference.
    Gemma chan played 2 no one cared also deadpool was fox not sony as sony is spiderman rights
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 3,122 ★★★★★
    The guy playing Thing was Micro in Punisher.
    the actress that played Star-Lord's mom was in First Avenger
    as noted, Gemma Chan played two separate characters.

and yes, PEOPLE NOTICED.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,481 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Sirmacool said:

Also had Brolin as Cable and Thanos. Did just fine.

Brolin played Cable when Deadpool was property of Sony. We're talking about an actor playing two different characters in the same MCU, there is a difference.
    Gemma chan played 2 no one cared also deadpool was fox not sony as sony is spiderman rights
    She played 1 exceedingly minor character and 1 somewhat bigger character. Nothing major though. Huge difference.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,925 ★★★★★
    What does this has to do with the game exactly?
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 409 ★★

What does this has to do with the game exactly?

The game has some story to it. If you read instead of hitting skip. What happens could give us previews to new characters, quests, etc. that’s why the thread is in general discussion for a Marvel game and not in the gameplay sections.

Chris Evans played Torch in TWO Fantastic 4 movies. And he and Chiklis were two of the best things in them.
  • AzdefAzdef Posts: 219
    All the other comparisons aside, he was an OG Avenger and now he's playing a totally different character in the same Avengers franchise ( unless he's a variant of Ironman in another timeline/multiverse and all that). It's a little difficult to think of him as anything else other than Ironman.

Chris Evans played Torch in TWO Fantastic 4 movies. And he and Chiklis were two of the best things in them.

You misspelled only two good things. Movies were trash.

Evans shouldn't even count towards this argument, those FF were pre-MCU. RDJ playing Doom is the first real significant 2-character actor in MCU. With the multiverse open, the possibilities are endless. I'll reserve judgement until we get more info on the story itself and how they will deal with him as Doom.

I'm actually excited for the possibilities.

Eh for me warmachine recasting was pretty significant. Going back to rewatch the og iron man movie, it's so noticeable it kinda stinks.(as much as I like Terrance howard).
    Buttehrs said:

You misspelled only two good things. Movies were trash.
    no, because Jessica Alba.

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,688 ★★★★
    I’m waiting to see how they handle it. Could be really interesting, could be a big mistep. I can’t say there isn’t a part of me who is a little bummed another new actor didn’t get the opportunity
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 2,049 ★★★★
    I think bringing back the Russo brothers is a win, but as much as I love RDJ and what he did for Tony Stark, I think it is a mistake to bring him in as Doom.

I do think both moves are a bit of desperation given what’s been happening over the past few years between the lackluster movies and TV shows and the build up for their big new villain blowing up with his assault conviction.
  • OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 294 ★★★
    edited July 28
    So, Kevin Feige says that the new Fantastic Four is an "alternate universe period piece" set in the 1960's, separate from the main MCU. My suspicion is that RDJ's Doom will be introduced (or at least hinted at) as that universe's Victor Von Doom, and that Doomsday/Secret Wars will culminate in a multiverse melding/reset (i.e. Battleworld.)

While the jury's still out on whether the writing will be any good, I'm confident that RDJ will own the role and be lauded for his performance. He's not a "movie star" that plays himself in every role, he's an adaptable actor with a pretty wide range. I'm cautiously optimistic.

• smdam38smdam38 Posts: 1,266 ★★★
    The boy is costly. He’s probably a pretty big part of their budget. Money that could have gone into other parts of the movie budget.

I think it’s a mistake, but we’ll see. As long as the story is actually good, don’t think people will care much.
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Posts: 80
    We really mad about a good casting decision 💀
  • BendyBendy Posts: 5,579 ★★★★★

When are people not mad these days they ask for rdj he returns and now its bad no matter what u will never please people
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Posts: 80
    Star wars fan's are worse than marvel fans when casting goes wrong 💀
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 2,582 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

When are people not mad these days they ask for rdj he returns and now its bad no matter what u will never please people
    Yes they wanted RDJ back, but not as Dr Doom 😂😂😂