Should I r5 champs I’m taking to necropolis

BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 923 ★★★★
So I’m planning to do the Titania path using the team that Karatemike did in his initial livestream (Kate, Adam Warlock, Shuri, Chavez, Wiccan). I have themy all at r4 except for Chavez who I’m only bringing for synergy since I don’t have a 6 star. Does it make sense to r5 the other 4 that I’ll be using even though they exist as 7 stars or will the r4s do? (other than Kate of course, I’m planning to r5 her regardless next level up event). I’m just afraid to r5 them then pull 7 star version and regret it

Should I r5 champs I’m taking to necropolis 39 votes

Yes
92%
benshbLuciusVorenusButtehrsPikoluUsagicassidySagacious0wlAyden_noah1captain_rogersHassamaMamaSpider_RicoErcarretGiantwalrus56TerminatrixBen_15455Ioniqus_797Steam97NONYABIZZSceptilemaniac2MrMojo_Riznwillrun4adonut 36 votes
No, you’ll regret it
7%
Guest120193746239Nemesis_17Hibbly 3 votes

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,431 Guardian
    Yes
    Kate, at the minimum, should be r5 and then ascend her if you're good with her (if you're not good with her, then take her off the team and use someone like Ægon instead) since she will take around 85% of all the fights. Shuri is also recommended so you have more time to get her damage off. The rest are fine at r4
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Member Posts: 2,097 ★★★★
    While your concern of pulling them again is understandable, the fact that the rank up will ease up your fights is no doubt. Must you rank all 4? I dont think so. Would it be better? Absolutely. Can do more damage because of the little higher charges, thus saving you revives.

Would you want to spend on revs and more time in Necro? Or rather have a r5 but have the possibility to pull them as a 7 star?
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,174 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Just Kate (like you already said) and shuri. I don't know about Adam and in Necro much, but odds are you won't pull him anytime soon since he's not in either titan or basic (so you can r5 him and not worry about getting him as a 7* anytime soon).
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Only kate, please.

Shuri IS REQUIRED for 2 fights, attuma and namor, She is nice to have at path 2, But you don't need her just for the completion run.

She can handle titania path fights (wiccan cap brit ) easily at r4. And it seems you are bringing adam just for guardian, Which isn't needed imo as kate can easily do him in 2-3 revives if you can dex both his specials consistently.

If you have a doom, I'll recommed bringing him for Air walker and nova, Both fights are a headache with kate.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 923 ★★★★

Only kate, please.

Shuri IS REQUIRED for 2 fights, attuma and namor, She is nice to have at path 2, But you don't need her just for the completion run.

She can handle titania path fights (wiccan cap brit ) easily at r4. And it seems you are bringing adam just for guardian, Which isn't needed imo as kate can easily do him in 2-3 revives if you can dex both his specials consistently.

If you have a doom, I'll recommed bringing him for Air walker and nova, Both fights are a headache with kate.

I do have a r4 ascended Doom (been thinking of r5-ing). The issue is who do I take out. I’m using Wiccan for the Aarkus. Chavez synergy increases my main clearer Kate’s damage quite a bit, saving resources. I definitely want to keep Shuri for certain fights. Guess I’ll just take out Adam Warlock and bring Doom in his place instead?

So it’d be r5 ascended Kate, r5 ascended Doom, r4 ascended Shuri, I’ll leave Wiccan at r4 since I’m only using him for Aarkus and the reverse control part of GM?
    Yes

Only kate, please.

I do have a r4 ascended Doom (been thinking of r5-ing). The issue is who do I take out. I’m using Wiccan for the Aarkus. Chavez synergy increases my main clearer Kate’s damage quite a bit, saving resources. I definitely want to keep Shuri for certain fights. Guess I’ll just take out Adam Warlock and bring Doom in his place instead?

So it’d be r5 ascended Kate, r5 ascended Doom, r4 ascended Shuri, I’ll leave Wiccan at r4 since I’m only using him for Aarkus and the reverse control part of GM?
    No don't leave wiccan for god's sake. GM's last phase is hell without him. Remove Adam as you can easily do guardian with kate. Just make sure you can dex both his specials consistently then kate can cook.

Only kate, please.

No don't leave wiccan for god's sake. GM's last phase is hell without him. Remove Adam as you can easily do guardian with kate. Just make sure you can dex both his specials consistently then kate can cook.
    No I just meant keep Wiccan at r4, not leave him out.
    I can easily dex Guardian sp1, sp2 not so much
    Yes

Only kate, please.

yeah keep wiccan at r4. If you can dex guardian sp1 that's fine. Keep him to sp1.

Only kate, please.

yeah keep wiccan at r4. If you can dex guardian sp1 that's fine. Keep him to sp1.
    Sounds good, thanks for the help. Now to gather the resources lol
    Yes

Only kate, please.

Nova was a headache with Kate? I remember him being super easy with her. Pretty sure I got 3 solos in a row.
    Yes
    Pikolu said:

Only kate, please.

Nova was a headache with Kate? I remember him being super easy with her. Pretty sure I got 3 solos in a row.
    For me, doom worked better. I suck dexing his specials 😭
    Yes

Pikolu said:

Only kate, please.

For me, doom worked better. I suck dexing his specials 😭
    Makes sense, I have his sp1 dex down and kate makes it fairly easy to bait.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,236 ★★★★★
    No, you’ll regret it
    Idk if people realized he said he’s taking Kate to r5 next level up regardless. The poll is about should he r5 the other champs mentioned.

None of them need r5 for necro, r4 does the job well enough. I r4 my shuri for my first necro path, used her for a couple fights that took 2 revives each iirc, then pulled and r2 the 7* before doing any of my other paths. I would’ve been quite annoyed if I took my 6* any higher than r4. Had I r5ed mine, the fights that took me 2 revives maybe would’ve taken 1 instead, so I would’ve spent 3 full t6cc to save 2 revives. Pretty bad trade if you ask me.

Doom you can make an argument for ranking if you bring him since he’s not a 7*, but I didn’t take mine past r4 even when exploring necro, because again, he did fights in 2 revives, ranking him would’ve saved at most one revive per doom fight.

Adam is also fine to rank up since the 7* isn’t currently accessible, plus you can use him elsewhere, so if you like Adam then go ahead and take him up.

Chavez and Wiccan will both suffice at r4, and Chavez btw can do all of the cosmic fights so you don’t need doom, meaning you can keep the Kate/Chavez synergy which is big. Wiccan is only for the grandmaster where rank is basically meaningless, since in phase 3 you’ll be at 1 hp anyway, and phase 4 is incredibly easy with a reverse controls immune. You could quite literally use a 4* for phase 4. Even if you were to use Wiccan for aarkus, I don’t think 3 t6cc is worth using for one single fight.

Grab an extra 10 revives than you normally would’ve, and the difference you would’ve gotten from r5ing them will be made up.
    No, you’ll regret it
    Since I don’t wanna risk editing my post and having it sent to the abyss, I wanna say that I missed you saying you don’t have a 6* Chavez, so scratch what I said about her.

Also on the off chance your shuri isn’t awakened, give her an awakening gem. Blocking unblockable specials can be quite nice in necro. I wouldn’t give her sigs tho they’ll make next to no difference.

Idk if people realized he said he’s taking Kate to r5 next level up regardless. The poll is about should he r5 the other champs mentioned.

None of them need r5 for necro, r4 does the job well enough. I r4 my shuri for my first necro path, used her for a couple fights that took 2 revives each iirc, then pulled and r2 the 7* before doing any of my other paths. I would’ve been quite annoyed if I took my 6* any higher than r4. Had I r5ed mine, the fights that took me 2 revives maybe would’ve taken 1 instead, so I would’ve spent 3 full t6cc to save 2 revives. Pretty bad trade if you ask me.

Doom you can make an argument for ranking if you bring him since he’s not a 7*, but I didn’t take mine past r4 even when exploring necro, because again, he did fights in 2 revives, ranking him would’ve saved at most one revive per doom fight.

Adam is also fine to rank up since the 7* isn’t currently accessible, plus you can use him elsewhere, so if you like Adam then go ahead and take him up.

Chavez and Wiccan will both suffice at r4, and Chavez btw can do all of the cosmic fights so you don’t need doom, meaning you can keep the Kate/Chavez synergy which is big. Wiccan is only for the grandmaster where rank is basically meaningless, since in phase 3 you’ll be at 1 hp anyway, and phase 4 is incredibly easy with a reverse controls immune. You could quite literally use a 4* for phase 4. Even if you were to use Wiccan for aarkus, I don’t think 3 t6cc is worth using for one single fight.

Grab an extra 10 revives than you normally would’ve, and the difference you would’ve gotten from r5ing them will be made up.

Appreciate the help! Just to clarify, if I were to r5 these champs, it would be with 4-5 gems and not t6cc, definitely not using those on 6 stars. The regret I’d have would be “I could have used those gems on other champs”, not “I wasted t6cc”.

By the way I just pulled a 7 star Wiccan lol, so I think I’ll take him, Kate, Chavez for synergy and Shuri. Should my 5th be Doom then for the cosmics or is that not necessary?
    No, you’ll regret it

Appreciate the help! Just to clarify, if I were to r5 these champs, it would be with 4-5 gems and not t6cc, definitely not using those on 6 stars. The regret I’d have would be “I could have used those gems on other champs”, not “I wasted t6cc”.

By the way I just pulled a 7 star Wiccan lol, so I think I’ll take him, Kate, Chavez for synergy and Shuri. Should my 5th be Doom then for the cosmics or is that not necessary?
    Using gems to rank them up definitely isn’t as bad, but it’s still ideally better if you can save those gems. I think using a gem on doom would be fine, or abs man if you have him. (will mention him here in a sec) Shuri I’d personally leave at r4.

As for your team, there’s a few options:

1: Kate, Chavez, Shuri, Wiccan, Abs Man. With Adam off the team, you’ll want a guardian counter, and with doom on the team instead of abs man you won’t have a great option for him. You could bring doom instead of abs and brute force through that guardian, but his 11,000 energy resistance is gonna make the fight take an hour to get through lol. Abs man in uru with a couple sp3s should be able to get some good damage in. Unblockable specials also means you don’t have to care about your specials being autoblocked, you’ll just not want to do the same combo ender twice in a row due to the node.

2: Kate, Chavez, Shuri, Wiccan, Doom, but you go to apoc instead of guardian. If you don’t have abs man, or don’t feel comfortable playing him, I’d go for this option. Apoc you can take with Shuri in 2-3 clean runs, and Kate can do both Tigra and Herc. For Tigra just make sure you heavy counter her sp1 so you always counter miss, and then you’re good to go. Herc is a typical Kate fight just play around the node protections and beware of stun immunity. Then the rest of the fights are the same, and the trap node is just the defender gaining a short indestructible buff when they dash forward. Nothing too crazy.

3: Kate, Chavez, Shuri, Wiccan, Adam. With this team you have a guardian counter so you can take that path, but what you’re missing is doom, which means you’ll have to solo or get a good first 2 runs on air walker with Kate. At 3 charges I’ve heard his power gain becomes too much to manage, so you want to kill him in one of your first 2 attempts, ideally the first. As far as Kate fights go this is one of the easiest ones, all you need to do is block his specials until you get 2 tranq up and knock him down a bunch. I had Chavez as a backup for this guy on my runs, but I didn’t use her once as I got 3 solos with Kate. It’s not a bad fight, but you risk getting into a potential roadblock if you don’t get a good start on this fight. You also won’t have doom for nova, but Kate can do that fight, and while it’s a little annoying, it’s not like air walker where you only really have 2 tries.

4: You could have a team where you drop shuri and keep both Doom & Adam, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Without shuri you have to use Kate for cap britain, who will invert your controls after her specials until you get 2 tranq up. Then against Wiccan you ideally want to solo with Kate because if you die, go back in, and bait sp1s he’s gonna regen a lot. You also NEED max despair to do this with Kate, or you bait only sp2s but that’s tricky with Kate’s cornered mechanic, plus it’s block damage. Then against psycho man you have nobody immune to aar so he’ll be failing your abilities constantly. Shuri just makes those 3 fights a lot simpler. She’s also nice for dragon man if you don’t want to deal with his stun immunity. I used Kate for him every time just since she did more damage. I would recommend just spamming coldsnaps for this fight since it’s tough to keep up your arrows and 3 coldsnaps still do a whole lot of damage. You might find Shuri better for this fight, I’m just explaining what I did.

This turned out to be a huge post, but that’s about all the info I have to give. The options are in order of the one I’d recommend the most to the one I’d recommend the least. Good luck with your run and don’t over-stress it, I did and it turned out to be much more chill than I had anticipated.

Using gems to rank them up definitely isn’t as bad, but it’s still ideally better if you can save those gems. I think using a gem on doom would be fine, or abs man if you have him. (will mention him here in a sec) Shuri I’d personally leave at r4.

1: Kate, Chavez, Shuri, Wiccan, Abs Man. With Adam off the team, you’ll want a guardian counter, and with doom on the team instead of abs man you won’t have a great option for him. You could bring doom instead of abs and brute force through that guardian, but his 11,000 energy resistance is gonna make the fight take an hour to get through lol. Abs man in uru with a couple sp3s should be able to get some good damage in. Unblockable specials also means you don’t have to care about your specials being autoblocked, you’ll just not want to do the same combo ender twice in a row due to the node.

2: Kate, Chavez, Shuri, Wiccan, Doom, but you go to apoc instead of guardian. If you don’t have abs man, or don’t feel comfortable playing him, I’d go for this option. Apoc you can take with Shuri in 2-3 clean runs, and Kate can do both Tigra and Herc. For Tigra just make sure you heavy counter her sp1 so you always counter miss, and then you’re good to go. Herc is a typical Kate fight just play around the node protections and beware of stun immunity. Then the rest of the fights are the same, and the trap node is just the defender gaining a short indestructible buff when they dash forward. Nothing too crazy.

3: Kate, Chavez, Shuri, Wiccan, Adam. With this team you have a guardian counter so you can take that path, but what you’re missing is doom, which means you’ll have to solo or get a good first 2 runs on air walker with Kate. At 3 charges I’ve heard his power gain becomes too much to manage, so you want to kill him in one of your first 2 attempts, ideally the first. As far as Kate fights go this is one of the easiest ones, all you need to do is block his specials until you get 2 tranq up and knock him down a bunch. I had Chavez as a backup for this guy on my runs, but I didn’t use her once as I got 3 solos with Kate. It’s not a bad fight, but you risk getting into a potential roadblock if you don’t get a good start on this fight. You also won’t have doom for nova, but Kate can do that fight, and while it’s a little annoying, it’s not like air walker where you only really have 2 tries.

4: You could have a team where you drop shuri and keep both Doom & Adam, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Without shuri you have to use Kate for cap britain, who will invert your controls after her specials until you get 2 tranq up. Then against Wiccan you ideally want to solo with Kate because if you die, go back in, and bait sp1s he’s gonna regen a lot. You also NEED max despair to do this with Kate, or you bait only sp2s but that’s tricky with Kate’s cornered mechanic, plus it’s block damage. Then against psycho man you have nobody immune to aar so he’ll be failing your abilities constantly. Shuri just makes those 3 fights a lot simpler. She’s also nice for dragon man if you don’t want to deal with his stun immunity. I used Kate for him every time just since she did more damage. I would recommend just spamming coldsnaps for this fight since it’s tough to keep up your arrows and 3 coldsnaps still do a whole lot of damage. You might find Shuri better for this fight, I’m just explaining what I did.

This turned out to be a huge post, but that’s about all the info I have to give. The options are in order of the one I’d recommend the most to the one I’d recommend the least. Good luck with your run and don’t over-stress it, I did and it turned out to be much more chill than I had anticipated.
    I do have abs man, just haven’t been able to rank him up because I’ve been getting a lot of good 7 star mystics so all my mystic iso have been going there. I’ll take him to r5 and by the time I have enough resources for Necro I should be comfortable enough with Abs Man’s playstyle. And I’ll take the first approach that you listed. Thanks for the help

• TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    Yes

So I’m planning to do the Titania path using the team that Karatemike did in his initial livestream (Kate, Adam Warlock, Shuri, Chavez, Wiccan). I have themy all at r4 except for Chavez who I’m only bringing for synergy since I don’t have a 6 star. Does it make sense to r5 the other 4 that I’ll be using even though they exist as 7 stars or will the r4s do? (other than Kate of course, I’m planning to r5 her regardless next level up event). I’m just afraid to r5 them then pull 7 star version and regret it

You're ranking them for Necropolis. That's different from an ordinary quest. You're going to need all of the extra health and stronger attacks that you can get from those r5's. Might save you some revives and health pots. IMO it's worth the scarifice. You'll be getting 7* rank up mats in return.

Plus them being available as 7*'s doesn't automatically guarantee you'll get them as a 7* immediately. It could be soon, or it could be months or years from now. There are players who STILL don't have Aegon. Some FINALLY got 6* and 7* Juggernaut.
    No, you’ll regret it

I do have abs man, just haven’t been able to rank him up because I’ve been getting a lot of good 7 star mystics so all my mystic iso have been going there. I’ll take him to r5 and by the time I have enough resources for Necro I should be comfortable enough with Abs Man’s playstyle. And I’ll take the first approach that you listed. Thanks for the help

Great, that’s the ideal option. Best of luck.