The walking light intercept needs to stop

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
What’s the ability rate for defender’s light intercepting while casually walking forward? 1000%?

And it’s especially awesome when it is extremely detrimental to hold block. So as an attacker when defender is walking toward you.

1) keep dashing back praying they eventually retreat or throw their special before you are cornered.
2) try some air punches (if you can get any distance) hoping they hold block or do something else
3) try to dash in to the walk and get wrecked as the defender seemingly can’t miss intercepting you.

Super fun interaction

Comments

• DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 326 ★★★
    We have a huge thread about AI now. Please keep contribute in here to keep it up guys
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/372458/what-s-happening-with-ai#latest
  • MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Member Posts: 99
    Ive noticed this against bullseye and maestro way too much. They just walk up to you and no matter how fast you react they will hit you and cost the match given how punishing they are. I do hope kabam figure out a way to prevent it since its such a moodkiller
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,078 ★★★★★
    edited August 3
    Actually has Kabam addressed AI issues yet in yesterday’s stream?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Actually has Kabam addressed AI issues yet in yesterday’s stream?

If you have to ask this question then answer is always NO sadly ☹️
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    AI has upgraded itself on its own once again,

Now instead of dashing in like a good AI, now it WALK towards you, don't get happy, if you try to attack it will immediately parry,
    If you try to dash into that WALK, it will immediately light intercept you.

The only thing you can do when you see this new AI literally WALK towards you is now hold block.

No point in dashing back either because it will legit WALK you to your corner 😭
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 405 ★★
    I had it against Gorr and IMIW. Lost 2 war bonuses each. The worst parts: Gorr's combo was 5-hit all Crit ending on a medium, and IMIW dashed back and blocked, so i assumed(playing Adam at the time), okay i have a chance to get Sovereignty active and dashed in. Guess what, I got intercepted by a mf'ing sp2. Cheers.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Especially against Onslaught, my God is he still annoying to fight in BGs and it has nothing to do with the specials or his kit, it's the goddamn light intercepts out of the blue after he walks towards you as if he was trying to shake hands.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    Bullseye does this a lot
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    It doesn't even make me angry or disappointed anymore. I'm over it, the games just boring right now. AI just repeatedly walking at you or backing off and blocking does not even feel like a fighting game anymore.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★
    Could it be a consequence of the introduction a few years ago and now massive use of mechanics like taunt, intimidate, infuriate etc making a "normal" AI no longer knowing what a normal behavior is ?
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    I thought it was just me it happened so many times