Cloak and Dagger (as the same champion) : Concept Ability Kit

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★
I noticed quite a lot of summoners wanted to see this dynamic duo as the same character.

To see Cloak and Dagger as separate characters:
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/372349/cloak-and-dagger-as-separate-characters-concept-ability-kit#latest

Class: Science

Abilities

Passive
Cloak and Dagger start in Cloak form, and switch when Striker is launched. Their Striker fills passively, gaining the entire bar in 15 seconds.

IN CLOAK FORM:
Always Active:
Cloak is granted immunity to Bleed, Nullify and Life Steal. All of Cloak’s attacks are energy-based attacks. Cloak is immune to the Precision effect from Dexterity.
All basic attacks by either champions have a 60% chance to inflict an Energy Vulnerability passive for 10 seconds.
Cloak dissolves into ethereal form using his cloak of teleportation. This allows him a 15% chance to Evade all basic attacks.
If not Stunned, or if the last hit by either champion was Critical, this chance is 100% during special attack against non-Skill champions. This ability has a 20-hit cooldown.

Untouchable
Dashing back and holding block for 1.2 seconds makes Cloak Untouchable for 10 seconds. This ability can be activated twice consecutively before undergoing a 30-second cooldown. While Untouchable is active, the Defender’s combat power rate is reduced by 50%, but ability power rate is increased by 25%. Untouchable is paused during Cloak’s Special Attacks, and if landing basic attacks.

Darkforce Charges (Max 10)
Each hit Missed or Evaded grants 1 Darkforce charge. Each Darkforce charge increases attack rating by +8%, and increases Critical Rating by +500.

Ending a combo with a medium attack
Consumes one Darkforce Charge to place a Degeneration Debuff, dealing over 7.5 seconds. This degeneration decreases the ability accuracy of Cloak’s opponent by 40%, irrespective of the number of stacks active.

Heavy Attack
The second hit of this attack grants Cloak a Fury passive for 4 seconds, increasing attack rating by 25%.

Special Attack 1
Pauses all Degeneration effects for 10 seconds. If Untouchable is active when this attack ends, consume 5 stacks of Degeneration and deal a burst of damage equivalent to double the damage that the opponent would have taken while active. If this activates, inflict 2 more Degeneration debuffs.

Special Attack 2
This special attack can only activate if Untouchable is active, or if the last hit that Cloak landed was a heavy attack. If Untouchable is active, all hits of this special attack deal 200% of physical damage landed in each hit as Energy Burst. If Untouchable is not active, refresh and double all stacks of Degeneration. If Cloak is cornered when he launches this attack, gain a Fury buff increasing attack rating by 50% for the duration of this special attack, irrespective of whether Untouchable is active or not.

Striker
Cloak switches to Dagger on activating Striker.
All Darkforce charges active on Cloak are inverted to Lightforce charges.

IN DAGGER FORM:
Always Active
Lightforce allows Dagger to regenerate quickly. The potency of the Salve and Recovery mastery is increased based on missing health. The potency of the Willpower Mastery is increased by 35%.
Dagger reduces the duration of all damaging debuffs by 70%. When a damaging debuff ends, she gains a Regeneration Buff, healing 25% of the damage dealt by the damaging debuff over 10 seconds.

Lightforce charges (Max. 20)
Tandy’s first, third and fourth light attacks are dagger hits. Each dagger hit has a 50% chance to gain one Lightforce charge. If a Lightforce charge is gained, inflict Bleed for 6 seconds.
At 20 Lightforce charges, all charges are consumed and Tandy enters Lady Light mode for 35 seconds.

Lady Light
Tandy’s dagger attacks deal instant Rupture bursts. The opponent is inflicted with an Enervate debuff for 5 seconds, causing them to not gain power from basic attacks. While Lady Light is active, landing a heavy attack refreshes the Enervate debuff.

Cloak’s Portal
Cloak shows his loyalty to Tandy. The spot where Lady Light activated for Tandy becomes a Portal. Passing over that Portal inflicts an indefinite Degeneration Passive, it’s damage scaling with time spent over the Portal. This Degeneration falls off if away from the portal.

Special Attack 1
Holding block slows down time. Swiping right just before a dagger strike counts as a Perfect Release and inflicts a high-damaging Rupture burst on the opponent. If Lady Light is active, Life Steal 10% of the Rupture burst dealt. Dagger is healed for 100% of Life stolen.

Special Attack 2
The last hit of this special attack inflicts a Bleed debuff for 25 seconds. Landing the second medium while this Bleed is active converts all additional stacks of Bleed into a Critical Bleed debuff that deals damage proportionate to the number of stacks consumed.

Special Attack 3 (common for both Cloak and Dagger)
For each Degeneration Stack or Bleed Stack that has ever been inflicted on the opponent during the duration of the fight, this special attack places a Power Sting debuff for each stack. If Cloak form was active when this special attack was launched, then inflict Delirium on the opponent for 10 seconds. While Delirium is active, the opponent takes damage over time and their Controls are Reversed.

Sriker
Changes to Cloak on activation.

Signature Ability: Forcer La Concorde

Darkforce grants Cloak Resistance to attacks. Scaling with sig level, Cloak deals back damage to the opponent if they land a Critical hit. Increase Degeneration potency by <7% - 11%>.
Lightforce allows Dagger extra regeneration abilities. She has a chance to heal <10%-30%> of damage taken from Critical Hits.

Persistent charges:
Cloak and Dagger now have a pre-fight window that allows them to choose whom to start the fight with: Cloak or Dagger.

Once again, I shall repeat, ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEROGATORY REMARKS. THIS IS THE USE OF MY BRAIN AND MY BRAIN ONLY. EVERY IDEA IS UNIQUE.
PS. The only reason I post in General "Discussion" is so that the entire community can actually "discuss" these matters.

Comments

• Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★
    edited August 7
    Well I thought this would blow up...
    This has been the hardest champ I've made
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
    Wouldn’t this be a bit too complicated for them? I think making then separate champs would be better like Sentry/Void
    @EdisonLaw that's precisely what I had suggested, but @WednesdayLength put forward a very valid point: Cloak and Dagger are more coordinated as a fighting pair than any other.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    I think this is a really solid idea for a lot honestly. The striker switching is a good idea, most of the effects work pretty well with one another and it strikes a good level of balance.

The only things I would change are that Cloak still gets a lot of damage increases without needing much to achieve them, I don't think he needs a different damage bump for when he's in or out of untouchable for example, and I thin daggers regen is still too strong. Increasing the potency of salve, regeneration and willpower whilst also giving her innate healing is a lot of regen and it's kind of insane how quickly that adds up into near constant. I would honestly just remove the increase to the healing masteries all together because it's way too exploitable
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 936 ★★★★
    edited August 7
    First of all, I have to agree that there's some solid stuff in here. I do think they work better as one champion kit, rather than two. The striker button switching is novel and I could see other kits using it, if the game engine can handle it. Keep an eye on the healing because it's a guaranteed no no and if unchecked can result in an unbeatable defender.

My only suggestion, following on from what @WednesdayLength says, would be to take some stuff out, like the healing. Whenever I've been designing kits myself (and this goes back to tabletop RPG design work) it's easy to overload kits, classes, gear etc. Take stuff out and see if the kit still works. If you can peel it back to the raw essence of what you want the kit to do, then selectively add back in.
    @WednesdayLength Thank you for your comment. Dagger is known for quick healing. Perhaps it would be vital to keep at least salve and recovery, if not willpower. Even for max salve and recovery, she regens +16 health per second. Deadpool regenerates a lot more than that, and so do champions like Wolverine and his variants. Dr Strange has Life Steal on every hit, SupIron's buff makes him regen +21 every second (talking about a 5r1 here). Iron Man and other suit tech champions regen madly under 15 20 or 30% health, I've seen Iron Man practically get a new life (30 to 80 because i was running max salve, recovery and willpower at the time).

@Chobbly thank you, appreciate it. There are certainly some parts, but then I look at some of it and feel, "NAH. That's just cool." Case in point: Cloak's Portal in Dagger mode

@WednesdayLength Thank you for your comment. Dagger is known for quick healing. Perhaps it would be vital to keep at least salve and recovery, if not willpower. Even for max salve and recovery, she regens +16 health per second. Deadpool regenerates a lot more than that, and so do champions like Wolverine and his variants. Dr Strange has Life Steal on every hit, SupIron's buff makes him regen +21 every second (talking about a 5r1 here). Iron Man and other suit tech champions regen madly under 15 20 or 30% health, I've seen Iron Man practically get a new life (30 to 80 because i was running max salve, recovery and willpower at the time).

@Chobbly thank you, appreciate it. There are certainly some parts, but then I look at some of it and feel, "NAH. That's just cool." Case in point: Cloak's Portal in Dagger mode

Whether or not she's known for healing or not is irrelevant to whether it's balanced or not. Deadpool has literally nothing but his healing, giving her this much damage alongside everything in cloaks kits on top of her healing increases is just too much. She doesn't need any level of mastery boost, willpower is shut down on kits for a reason and that's because even as it is it's pretty busted and she needs absolutely no reason to have that boosted anymore
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,777 ★★★★★
    I'd rather them be separate characters and released together. They both have interesting enough abilities, and their story is very good as well.
    edited August 8
    @WednesdayLength how about just salve and recovery boost, and reduce willpower by 50%? Sounds reasonable enough

@WednesdayLength how about just salve and recovery boost, and reduce willpower by 50%? Sounds reasonable enough

If you want her to have life steal in her kit you literally can't boost any of the healing masteries. There are 0 characters in game that boost healing masteries because they're already close to broken as they are