I’m having a very hard time beating 6.1.1

Dru1Dru1 Member Posts: 5
This red skull keeps wiping me completely and I just think I suck too much to beat him

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    What does your roster look like? That's the only way anyone can offer much help.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 830 ★★★
    Do a different path if u can’t take this one
  • Dru1Dru1 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 5
    This is my roster (one of the images won’t upload but this is the most of it)

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★
    Cosmic Ghost Rider or Captain Marvel should readily take him down, but you have to play around his (buffed) kit - when he throws an SP1, try to counter it with a Heavy attack (the spacing is tricky) or just wait out the auto-block that triggers from it. Readily available armour breaks will help you a lot - hence hose 2 champ suggestions. Corvus Glaive is another great option but you'll need to invest a lot of resources ranking up a 5* for it and 5* Corvus Glaive loses value quickly as health-pools increase.

Cosmic Ghost Rider or Captain Marvel should readily take him down, but you have to play around his (buffed) kit - when he throws an SP1, try to counter it with a Heavy attack (the spacing is tricky) or just wait out the auto-block that triggers from it. Readily available armour breaks will help you a lot - hence hose 2 champ suggestions. Corvus Glaive is another great option but you'll need to invest a lot of resources ranking up a 5* for it and 5* Corvus Glaive loses value quickly as health-pools increase.

CGR won't be great because of Tyranny. CMM would be decent, but a pretty slow play to start.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★
    Oh derp, good point.

CGR won't be great because of Tyranny. CMM would be decent, but a pretty slow play to start.
    Will corvus counter him?
    Yes. Corvus is always a great option for Red Skull. Keeps the armor ups at bay so no power burn, plus extra armor breaks early on for more damage, and in this particular case he isn't affected by Tyranny so he can throw specials.

As far as the current state of OP's roster, Doom is the best and an easy option without having to invest in another champ.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    edited August 6

Do a different path if u can’t take this one

Yes, for example if you have a good Mephisto counter, that path isn't bad to take. Same with Iron Man Infinity War
  • captaincushcaptaincush Member Posts: 744 ★★★
    Corvus isn't tagged as a villain, so he can't gain power either
  • Dru1Dru1 Member Posts: 5
    Finally beat it and the rest of 6.1.1,thank you all
  • IronAvengerIronAvenger Member Posts: 373 ★★
    Dru1 said:

Finally beat it and the rest of 6.1.1,thank you all

Well done. Good luck with 6.2 when you get there. I remember it being the toughest part of Act 6 when I went for Thronebreaker. Fun fights to look forward to are 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister, 6.2.5 Mordo, 6.2.6 The Champion. You got this!!
    edited August 6

Only heroes do not gain power. Corvus will gain power on the node because he is not a hero.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,063 ★★★★
    RANK CORVUS RN!!! Bar legit maybe 5 or 6 fights he basically did all of act 6 for me
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,238 Guardian
    I wouldn’t take the specific wording for “Tyranny” node to be gospel as far as those who are neither Hero nor Villain.
    I wouldn’t rely on that wording (because it mentions both) as to whether the code itself is coded around the tag Villain, or the tag Hero.
    Let along other language translations (do any others sneak in the word “only” maybe ?)

But YES, Corvus does gain power (and so I assume will any others who are neither Hero nor Villain tagged. Thanos Army and a few Mercs)

Also, fyi, the “Aspect of Death” node, only a SUCCESSFUL hit results in instant KO. If you BLOCK his hits during that time after a SP, blocked hits do NOT result in you dying.
    So don’t have to do a bunch of Evades then that would result in Degen.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    Rank up your galan as well, great questing champ.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★

Well he isn’t tagged as a hero either so he technically does gain power on this node.