Who got the best buff in 2024?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
Out of these champions, whose buff was the best and why?

Who got the best buff in 2024? 146 votes

Red Guardian
14%
ProxPIKESTAINBrokenFunkNewman0067ItsClobberinTimejcphillips7Giantwalrus56Sceptilemaniac2ThePredator1001Wasy1LickyShashankGuptaEmilia90EdisonLawGalactikDonutSagaChampionNemesis_17KablammoCuber2906 21 votes
Gladiator
8%
Logan00RockSlydeKaratemike415Blackshadow0203RenaxqqChiefGoatEquintsFutbol_4_LIFELegend_WriterNoverrr77Uzzy131004ThE__TiTaNAwesomep12 13 votes
Nightcrawler
1%
MasterSmokeMasterA 2 votes
Luke Cage
1%
CondemnedToeRockyshocky 2 votes
Mister Sinister
60%
NMEONESdanielmathHeinz11Spity68ZENSecondSkriller7abo2aTendersquadzuffyBigTuna_2054GK_23Vegeta9001TerraTeddersMhd20034NojokejaymThatGuyYouSaw235MasterduxAKTEKspiderknight616 88 votes
Superior Iron Man
13%
Jaemon512DarkShadowZXESFTheHeroDeserveddfmoore26DRTOButtehrsjgd1305Wolf911Krishna24LordZenithIoniqus_797NONYABIZZOakenshieldorpimeSJustagodLokxDerpyEagleKingering_KingPimbeche 20 votes

Comments

• Deamon1337Deamon1337 Member Posts: 152 ★★
    Mister Sinister
    Hes the one, destroying me the most in BG, sooo surely hes up there.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    Red Guardian
    Also I know Superior Iron Man’s buff isn’t out for everyone so feel free to comment on him after you test him, alternatively you can use the buff footage to decide
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    Red Guardian
    I took my RG to r5 and ascended him and he’s a beast. Sadly these last few GC metas aren’t exactly for him but he’s been putting in a lot of work

Sinister is great but inequity holds him back a little. Would love a 7* for sure

NC is good but falls behind the others. Gladiator needs a decent amount of AI cooperation that I haven’t been getting and there’s little ways to play around it like with Adam

Luke was the most underwhelming buff imo but he’s still good. SIM is TBD we’ll see today. He looks sustainable and hits hard so he might be my vote if everything is as good as it looks
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★
    Mister Sinister
    Where is red skull?
    Red Guardian

Where is red skull?

Wasn’t RS December of last year?
    Red Guardian
    Emilia90 said:

Where is red skull?

Wasn’t RS December of last year?
    I think so or January
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Mister Sinister
    I wish the answer was Nightcrawler as I worked HARD to get him and he's one of my favorite Mutants.

But the answer is the jerk who almost ruined Krakoa at every turn, Mister Sinister.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    Mister Sinister
    These are the best champions we've gotten in 2024
    edited August 6
    Red Guardian

These are the best champions we've gotten in 2024

Exceptions: Bullseye, Serpent
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Red Guardian
    Red skull if he was a 2024 buff but I don’t remember lol.

Red goat absolutely cooked an r3 destroyer getting 52k points in that arms race meta, which won me the match against a whale account which placed me in arcane. That was the only season I actually pushed in gc and arcane was my goal which he helped me get.

Gotta vote for him out of gratitude
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Red Guardian
    Sinister absolutely sucks when there's Inequity so Red Goat.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    Mister Sinister
    It's a tie between Red Guardian and Mr Sinister, genuinely speaking. Both went from underwhelming to top champs in their respective classes. But considering sinister was far worse than RG pre-buff is probably why I am gonna give this one to him. But both buffs were so goated its unfair to even have this poll
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 396 ★★★
    Superior Iron Man
    was waiting for the update to drop before voting

and man I'm happy that I did

i would say superior iron man buff is slightly better than Mister Sinester and Red Guardian

all three are up there but I love Superior Iron Man Buff the most

he's so easy to play and hits like a tank, has some good utility as well
    Red Guardian
    SIM is already looking great and he’s available as a 7*. Need to test more but he’s a chef from what I’ve seen
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 826 ★★★
    Superior Iron Man
    SIM
    Red Guardian
    007Bishop said:

This is a seriously biased argument. Using one specific scenario (especially something that differs from player to player and usually impacts just one or two modes in the game) to put down a champ like Mr Sinister when RG has his fair share of horrible matchups is wild. Whether you choose RG over Mr Sinister or vice versa is a personal preference as both buffs were equally busted, but "mr sinister suck when equity so rg buff better" is such an L take
    It's not, I have both r5 ascended. I wasn't putting down Sinister and if it wasn't for Inequity I would've voted for him, I just consider Red Guardian better cause he doesn't get shut down by something as simple as a mastery.

How is it an L take? It's the truth, Sinister is very slow when there's Inequity.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,264 ★★★★
    Mister Sinister
    Mister Zoom in your face!

Immediate Ban
    Mister Sinister

007Bishop said:

This is a seriously biased argument. Using one specific scenario (especially something that differs from player to player and usually impacts just one or two modes in the game) to put down a champ like Mr Sinister when RG has his fair share of horrible matchups is wild. Whether you choose RG over Mr Sinister or vice versa is a personal preference as both buffs were equally busted, but "mr sinister suck when equity so rg buff better" is such an L take
    It's not, I have both r5 ascended. I wasn't putting down Sinister and if it wasn't for Inequity I would've voted for him, I just consider Red Guardian better cause he doesn't get shut down by something as simple as a mastery.

How is it an L take? It's the truth, Sinister is very slow when there's Inequity.
    It is an L take because RG gets shut down in a lot of scenarios, just like Mr Sinister does. The inequity mastery is just one scenario and more often than not, people aren't running it (I have never once come across someone running inequity - even in Mysterium and Celestial). Claiming RG is the better buff simply because mr sinister is affected by a mastery that a lot of people don't even run is just wrong.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    Mister Sinister

007Bishop said:

tbf, before the buff red guardian is alright but sinister is absolute dog water with okay defensive prowess. After the buff sinister went straight up to be one of the best dual threat. You can say like after buff , sinister is 80 and RG is 90, but before the buff RG is like 50 while sinister is like 30. Overall sinister got the better buff.

Plus, not everything revolve around BGs and war. Many people use sinister in aq too, and in normal questing he is just safe and reliable
    Red Guardian
    007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

It is an L take because RG gets shut down in a lot of scenarios, just like Mr Sinister does. The inequity mastery is just one scenario and more often than not, people aren't running it (I have never once come across someone running inequity - even in Mysterium and Celestial). Claiming RG is the better buff simply because mr sinister is affected by a mastery that a lot of people don't even run is just wrong.
    The reason I consider Inequity worse is because the mastery affects all classes, Red Guardian gets shut down by anything that prevents debuffs or crits but those don't apply to every class the way Inequity does when someone is running it.
    Red Guardian
    Jack2634 said:

007Bishop said:

tbf, before the buff red guardian is alright but sinister is absolute dog water with okay defensive prowess. After the buff sinister went straight up to be one of the best dual threat. You can say like after buff , sinister is 80 and RG is 90, but before the buff RG is like 50 while sinister is like 30. Overall sinister got the better buff.

Plus, not everything revolve around BGs and war. Many people use sinister in aq too, and in normal questing he is just safe and reliable
    Red Guardian was dog water too what do you mean? Saying he was a 50 is very wrong, Sinister was a bit worse but they were both terrible and completely and utterly useless, also Sinister wasn't actually that bad with synergies Red Guardian sucked even with them.

Yeah well, you can also use Blue Cyclops with a bunch of synergies and boosts in AW and regular questing and still do well. That's why I go by the champ's value in BGs strictly, it's the only game mode where kit is the only thing that's taken into account, no synergies or extra boosts like in war and regular questing.
    Mister Sinister

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

The reason I consider Inequity worse is because the mastery affects all classes, Red Guardian gets shut down by anything that prevents debuffs or crits but those don't apply to every class the way Inequity does when someone is running it.
    ..... not everyone runs inequity? its a pretty rare mastery, even for most endgame players. You are using a niche situation to reason why one buff is better than the other which just doesn't fly
    Mister Sinister

Jack2634 said:

007Bishop said:

Red Guardian was dog water too what do you mean? Saying he was a 50 is very wrong, Sinister was a bit worse but they were both terrible and completely and utterly useless, also Sinister wasn't actually that bad with synergies Red Guardian sucked even with them.

Yeah well, you can also use Blue Cyclops with a bunch of synergies and boosts in AW and regular questing and still do well. That's why I go by the champ's value in BGs strictly, it's the only game mode where kit is the only thing that's taken into account, no synergies or extra boosts like in war and regular questing.
    RG was NOT bad before the buff. He wasn't an optimal champ and he had a lot of misses than hits, but he has ALWAYS had the damage and some of his utility. The buff basically boosted his damage while keeping most of his utility the same. Mr Sinister's buff was a complete change in his kit that made him go from a bottom tier champ to a top tier champ.RG was never a top champ, but he wasn't trash either unlike SInister. Nobody is talking about synergies and stuff lol where did that come from?
    Red Guardian

Jack2634 said:

007Bishop said:

Red Guardian was kinda good before the buff but he was too stressful, debuffs fell off quickly, required max sig, etc.
    Red Guardian
    007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

..... not everyone runs inequity? its a pretty rare mastery, even for most endgame players. You are using a niche situation to reason why one buff is better than the other which just doesn't fly
    I run maxed Inequity, and while I do agree most don't I still think it's too much of a gamble in BGs, if you don't agree then just agree to disagree and move on?
    007Bishop said:

Jack2634 said:

007Bishop said:

RG was NOT bad before the buff. He wasn't an optimal champ and he had a lot of misses than hits, but he has ALWAYS had the damage and some of his utility. The buff basically boosted his damage while keeping most of his utility the same. Mr Sinister's buff was a complete change in his kit that made him go from a bottom tier champ to a top tier champ.RG was never a top champ, but he wasn't trash either unlike SInister. Nobody is talking about synergies and stuff lol where did that come from?
    He had the damage but the damage went away in a matter of seconds if you didn't keep up the trauma which was nearly impossible to do due to how short it was. If they decided to throw a special after your sp2 it was just gone.

He said BGs isn't the only game mode, I was just saying I personally rank up champs based on their value in BGs and not other content because of synergies and boosts. Anyways since you're obviously going to keep up with passive aggressive remarks like a child instead of arguing like a civilized person I'm just going to ignore you again lmao have a good one.
    Red Guardian
    Anyways, SIM buff is 🔥 so far, more screenshots coming
    Red Guardian
    EdisonLaw said:

Jack2634 said:

007Bishop said:

Red Guardian was kinda good before the buff but he was too stressful, debuffs fell off quickly, required max sig, etc.
    Yeah I think he was terrible personally, not cause he lacked damage but because it was almost impossible to keep that damage up.
    Mister Sinister

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

I run maxed Inequity, and while I do agree most don't I still think it's too much of a gamble in BGs, if you don't agree then just agree to disagree and move on?
    007Bishop said:

Jack2634 said:

007Bishop said:

He had the damage but the damage went away in a matter of seconds if you didn't keep up the trauma which was nearly impossible to do due to how short it was. If they decided to throw a special after your sp2 it was just gone.

He said BGs isn't the only game mode, I was just saying I personally rank up champs based on their value in BGs and not other content because of synergies and boosts. Anyways since you're obviously going to keep up with passive aggressive remarks like a child instead of arguing like a civilized person I'm just going to ignore you again lmao have a good one.
    Passive aggressive? Okay sure, buddy. If that's what you thought about my arguments, then so be it. Have a good day, ig? Not that my "passive aggressive" self cares. You proved my point about RG not being bad before his buff. His damage was consistent if you played aggressive enough. Hence, he received a slight damage buff but mostly a change in his numbers.
    Red Guardian

This is a R1 5 star SIM.

Super tanky and sustainable, deals big numbers, armor breaks, parry non contact, ramp up, etc.