Titania Rank down tickets

2»

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    edited August 12

I just got a 6* Titania, and I don't understand how she's supposed to stop opponents fro using specials besides the 30% intimidate which increases the chance to block only

Exactly this. Even with double sp3 debuffs, assuming they stack, it's 60% tops. I'm not denying that things seem different, but it was never guaranteed...
    Nah it was never guaranteed, but you start with 30%, then every heavy places another, so stacking 30% and yet I've had fights where I'll land 3 heavies, my indestructible ends and they throw sp3 while still having all the debuffs, by this point its 120% intimidate (this was a dumb design in the first place, all her damage comes from sp3 heavies so Intimidate should have always been 75-100%)

And the fact is, this used to work 9 times out of 10, and now its the opposite. Intimidate is failing more than working and that's directly correlated to AI getting worse by the month.

Kabam are taking the piss out of us by not fixing this and it shows by 2 of their front line communications between their player base and the devs leaving in a very short ammount of time, right after AI goes out of control. Maybe they were told by Kabam they dint care about fixing it and got sick of the backlash been aimed at them idk just conspiracy theories 👀
    The 30% intimidate means that it lowers their block proficiency by 30%. There is no percentage metric that is linked to effect on the AI with intimidate, all intimidate does is tells the AI to be more passive through whatever Voodoo magic they use. All intimidates affect the AI in the same way as each other, and if I ventured a guess, the oscillate node probably is alternating the AI the same as infuriate and intimidate would do.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 463 ★★★

Pretty sure Intimidate is NOT a guarantee for defending champs to hold block but is less aggressive. Same mechanic with Adam and Mantis. It is NOT 100% and have never been. Titania just have a additional chances due to applying multiple copies... but the chance is always still there.

There has never been any descriptions of Titania to have stipulation that sp3 activation will guarantee the defender will hold block and not throw specials.

I don't understand why people are so upset about it.. just because its less likely or more likely.. it is the chance you take when you go for heavy spam in the corner. If you don't want to take that chance , play normally and avoid the risk.

RDT is ridiculous... sorry.

Playing her normally is sp3 into heavy spam, it's literally her design... so how else is she supposed to be played when that is her rotation and peak damage output?

You're clearly hard of reading or something... sine launch Titania's intimidate worked 80% of the time, now it fails to work 80% of the time. The rotation and debuffs haven't changed, the AI has, so since it's completely out of the players control RDT should be awarded because, again, Kabam are screwing us not fixing this so need to start looking a solution.

Having a wasted r3 thanks to Kabams inability isn't fair to anyone
  • Newman0067Newman0067 Member Posts: 117

Pretty sure Intimidate is NOT a guarantee for defending champs to hold block but is less aggressive. Same mechanic with Adam and Mantis. It is NOT 100% and have never been. Titania just have a additional chances due to applying multiple copies... but the chance is always still there.

There has never been any descriptions of Titania to have stipulation that sp3 activation will guarantee the defender will hold block and not throw specials.

I don't understand why people are so upset about it.. just because its less likely or more likely.. it is the chance you take when you go for heavy spam in the corner. If you don't want to take that chance , play normally and avoid the risk.

RDT is ridiculous... sorry.

Playing her normally is sp3 into heavy spam, it's literally her design... so how else is she supposed to be played when that is her rotation and peak damage output?

You're clearly hard of reading or something... sine launch Titania's intimidate worked 80% of the time, now it fails to work 80% of the time. The rotation and debuffs haven't changed, the AI has, so since it's completely out of the players control RDT should be awarded because, again, Kabam are screwing us not fixing this so need to start looking a solution.

Having a wasted r3 thanks to Kabams inability isn't fair to anyone
    Wasted is a very bold and rash choice of words. At the end of the day she's still Titania
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Pikolu said:

NONYABIZZ said:

I think for banquet kabam should add a rank down ticket as one of the deals(FOR UNITS OF COURSE as one of the milestones). Which gives everyone a generic r3 rank down ticket. I'd definitely want to take down my Prowler.
    I know they won't but I would love if they did. I definitely think the community would appreciate this if they have ever taken up a r3 who is no longer useful for them or a r3 they regretted in general.

Noted: remove generic r3 gem and have r3 RDT instead.
    Stop misinterpreting my statement on purpose
    I never said remove a r3 gem
    I clearly said "add a RDT" as well
    It is perfectly fine if they don't do it because they never have
    Don't try to twist my sentence
    I never twisted your words. That's exactly what kabam would do since they hold the same value as they allow you to r3 someone of your choice.

They take the economy quite seriously in these matters. You can't just add something without something else being taken away unless the thing they had has 0 value, which you have shown that a RDT would be very valuable for you to have since it gets you something you want.
    Sorry, my bad man 😂
    I get it now
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,547 ★★★★★
    Kabam ain't able to fix their own damn game. How? Is this a sign that AI is gonna conquer the world?
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★

Kabam ain't able to fix their own damn game. How? Is this a sign that AI is gonna conquer the world?

They're trying, so give them a break. It's not easy to code and do all these things. They take time. It is not easy when all you people do is complain and criticize them the longer it lasts. They had already said SEVERALLY that they're working on it.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    They're working on the ai issues, they've already said they won't say anything until they've made substantial progress.
  • AsphyxiaAsphyxia Member Posts: 78
    If I can say that ai is not working correctly, they need to manually rewrite the whole entire ai part of the game which is gonna be hard and so much time consuming. As well as before doing that they need to figure out what's causing it to do so, which is very hard to navigate in certain situations. Rewriting must be done in a way that it won't interact the same again in this type. So honestly it will take like couple of months to almost a year if the situation is real bad because if it caused massive interaction between something that's very important like how the each debuff in the game interacts with it and vice versa. If it doesn't they need to figure out if the ai does like this due to their engine to run it. If that's the case we had similar situation before which took year iirc. So imo plz we need to patient and don't rant our rage against them.

-gasping asphyxia.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★
    The aim of that intimidate is to prevent opponents from using specials. Maybe add special lock instead of intimidate.
  • AsphyxiaAsphyxia Member Posts: 78

The aim of that intimidate is to prevent opponents from using specials. Maybe add special lock instead of intimidate.

They wouldn't right out change the debuff now. Would they? Hope wouldn't
    edited August 12
    NONYABIZZ said:

They're trying, so give them a break. It's not easy to code and do all these things. They take time. It is not easy when all you people do is complain and criticize them the longer it lasts. They had already said SEVERALLY that they're working on it.
    Give them a break? 😂

I don't know if you've noticed but we've had AI problems for a year and a half and not one month has it improved, its getting worse.

We've also had inputs issues for 3 years that have not been fixed, now have been swept under the rug.

Give them a break? No, it's literally someone's job to fix this, someone us being paid to fix this and it isn't fixed, and let's be honest, will never be fixed because they're that bad 😂
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    This is a very obtuse request.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★
    Well we got 2 different takes on situations like this so far..
    1- Zemo, root mechanism changed. No RDTs
    2- Shocker, glance mechanism changed. Yes RDTs

I am pretty unhappy having an R3 Titania and R3 Gladiator...
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★

Rank down tickets were given for Kraven because of root change

Rank down tickets were given for Kraven because of root change
    Which was 💩

There's no consistency, root change screws Kraven, give rtd, screws zemo no rdt
    Glancing mechanic not right on shocker give rtd
    Ai messes up gladiator, titania and Adam no rtd

Where's the precedence Kabam? 👀
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,023 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Just watch Lagacy's latest war attack video,
    He used Titania two times and BOTH times, AI threw their special????

It's crazy, not working as intended and Kabam is to be blamed because AI is now legit ignoring debuffs applied to it.

Full disclosure, didn’t watch the video. But, why would you risk the sp3 / heavy rotation in AW? Just play her conservatively, she’s still a great champ. Especially in a game mode where seconds don’t matter as much.
    Because that's enough to kill enemies 98% of times with r3?
    Rest 2% times you'll know you can't if you play Titania regularly and play conservatively.

But that's not the discussion, the discussion is why her debuffs aren't doing what's they're supposed to do
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 226 ★★
    edited August 14

PT_99 said:

It's crazy, not working as intended and Kabam is to be blamed because AI is now legit ignoring debuffs applied to it.

Full disclosure, didn’t watch the video. But, why would you risk the sp3 / heavy rotation in AW? Just play her conservatively, she’s still a great champ. Especially in a game mode where seconds don’t matter as much.
    The thread is about Titania's playstyle in general, not just in AW. The Sp3/ heavy rotation is the same as Doom's cycle. So, this situation is pretty much the definition of "nerfing".
    There are many ways to fix it, of course, no need for RDT's, but we need it handled asap!!
    edited August 14
    KLZ said:

PT_99 said:

The thread is about Titania's playstyle in general, not just in AW.
    This situation is pretty much the definition of "nerfing".
    There are many ways to fix it, of course, no need for RDT's, but we need it handled asap!
    Actually its about the intimidate debuff not working right, its pretty much acting like.a taunt.
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 226 ★★
    edited August 14
    So there should be an easy fix, such as a debuff potency increase, or debuff replacement..
    Don't understand why the silent treatment though..
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★

There's no consistency, root change screws Kraven, give rtd, screws zemo no rdt
    Glancing mechanic not right on shocker give rtd
    Ai messes up gladiator, titania and Adam no rtd

Where's the precedence Kabam? 👀
    The issue with the AI is a game wide issue that they have explicitly showed intent to fix (although is proving difficult). It’d be weird to hand out RDT for an issue you’re actively trying to fix. What happens when the AI issue is fixed? RDT is usually sent for when the champ is changed deliberately and will not be turned back (remember Namor and Cull?)
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    I think this is correct. It’s different from the other RDT situations because the problem in this case isn’t a change to a debuff or a %. The problem is that the AI is adaptable in a way that it wasn’t when a lot of champs were created. I think Kabam is silent cause they don’t know how to fix it, or if they can.

There’s another thread about Cassie, same issue of the AI being smart enough not to bite when you charge your heavy. Same thing with Spot, good luck trying to convince the AI to hit your block. Any other champ, if you need to bait a heavy, you get five hits into your block. With Spot, it’s an immediate heavy from the opponent when you hold block. I’ve experienced something similar with Valk, where the opponent is more aggressive and makes it harder for you to hit their block. Any champ that is highly dependent on AI behavior is much less valuable than they used to be. But I don’t think they can solve that with RDTs. It’s a much bigger issue intrinsic to the game as a whole.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 759 ★★★

So I took my titania to r3 back when necropolis first dropped, absolutely great champ, no regrets...

No regret until the last couple of months, 8/10 time I throw sp3 and damn Ai throws their special straight after! It messes up her entire rotation and costs me tons in BG and deaths in war.

Since Kabam are either incapable of fixing the AI or aren't bothering to I think I justify rank down tickets for a champ who's value has basically vanished because of AI issues.

So yeah, I want a rank down ticket, r2 is fine but r3's are still top rare to have one wasted because Kabam are incapable

Womp womp. If you're gonna complain about anything, complain about the ai as it's an actual obvious issue.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★

I think this is correct. It’s different from the other RDT situations because the problem in this case isn’t a change to a debuff or a %. The problem is that the AI is adaptable in a way that it wasn’t when a lot of champs were created. I think Kabam is silent cause they don’t know how to fix it, or if they can.

There’s another thread about Cassie, same issue of the AI being smart enough not to bite when you charge your heavy. Same thing with Spot, good luck trying to convince the AI to hit your block. Any other champ, if you need to bait a heavy, you get five hits into your block. With Spot, it’s an immediate heavy from the opponent when you hold block. I’ve experienced something similar with Valk, where the opponent is more aggressive and makes it harder for you to hit their block. Any champ that is highly dependent on AI behavior is much less valuable than they used to be. But I don’t think they can solve that with RDTs. It’s a much bigger issue intrinsic to the game as a whole.

Exactly. The issue with the AI has affected at least a dozen champs’ effectiveness and you can’t just hand out like a dozen RDTs, all you can do is fix the AI (which they should even if it didn’t affect the champions since it’s a general playability issue and are working on it)