Is venom worth investing in?

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
I have a lot of cosmics in my bg deck already but I’ve heard good things. I just duped mine (some people say it’s not needed but I think it’s great to have a guaranteed extra buff with a chance at a 3rd)

The bad part is I still only have a 4* venom relic as my max and I don’t have deep wounds 5/5. Is he still worth it with a low tier relic or should I wait until I get a 5/6* and max DW

Is venom worth investing in? 50 votes

Invest in him now
86%
Spity68GK_23TerraUnyonfaceCat_MurdockDtl7714CupidpseudosaneFunkDRTOMaxtheSilentSachhyam257GyanemdjerGrootman1294OurobørosPikoluLuke9523ThiartcSagacious0wlMoeyTehr 43 votes
Wait for a better relic/DW
14%
ProxjustarandomusernameSpadeHunterHassamaMamaSirGamesBondSurfinwalrusNewtrel 7 votes

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    I r2 my venom duped, and have 6 star relic but honestly I don’t use him much at all in bg. Only reason is it seems a lot of the meta defenders are bleed immune/resistant so he never really gets a good match up for me.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Invest in him now
    It depends on how you want to use him. Most meta defenders are bleed immune, but that doesn't really stop him. My r3 venom consistently does similar rank onslaughts in 50 sec If I play well. He can also take FAM in 30-40 seconds.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

I r2 my venom duped, and have 6 star relic but honestly I don’t use him much at all in bg. Only reason is it seems a lot of the meta defenders are bleed immune/resistant so he never really gets a good match up for me.

Ah that’s actually a fair point. I’ll wait and see how the poll turns out but you’re right, a lot of recent defenders are bleed immune. I could still see the value in him but I have Nova, Hulkling, Adam, Serpent, Maestro, SIM, Sersi, and CGR in my deck so it’s about to be oversaturated with cosmics but if venom really was that good I’d have probably made room for him
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

It depends on how you want to use him. Most meta defenders are bleed immune, but that doesn't really stop him. My r3 venom consistently does similar rank onslaughts in 50 sec If I play well. He can also take FAM in 30-40 seconds.

Oh yeah I know he’s great, it’s more so of a question of how he is without the relic at a high star level and no DW
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,079 ★★★★★
    Invest in him now

He can take Onslaughts despite inflicting bleed?
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    Invest in him now
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,079 ★★★★★
    Invest in him now
    Emilia90 said:

I have a lot of cosmics in my bg deck already but I’ve heard good things. I just duped mine (some people say it’s not needed but I think it’s great to have a guaranteed extra buff with a chance at a 3rd)

The bad part is I still only have a 4* venom relic as my max and I don’t have deep wounds 5/5. Is he still worth it with a low tier relic or should I wait until I get a 5/6* and max DW

Venom is always a good champion and is worth investing in. DW and the venom relic just make him even better than he is normally
    Invest in him now
    EdisonLaw said:

Bleeds don't boost onslaught. Onslaught is just resistant to bleeds. Energy dots only put neuroshocks on you.

When you pair venom with his relic, for each bleed on em you get extra crit rating, so you hit hard for each bleed on opponent, which puts more bleed on them Essentially putting a loop
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 396 ★★★
    Invest in him now

EdisonLaw said:

Bleeds don't boost onslaught. Onslaught is just resistant to bleeds. Energy dots only put neuroshocks on you.

When you pair venom with his relic, for each bleed on em you get extra crit rating, so you hit hard for each bleed on opponent, which puts more bleed on them Essentially putting a loop
    but the more you crit onslaught he will place more neuroshocks on you

that's something you should consider

I would do 6* ascended onslaught with 7* r2 venom

but wouldn't do a 7* r2 or r3 onslaught fight
    Invest in him now
    Wolf911 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Just don't parry and block the last hit of sp1, The willpower regen mitigates the neuroshock damage. Especially this meta it is too easy due to armor breaks.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★

Wolf911 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Just don't parry and block the last hit of sp1, The willpower regen mitigates the neuroshock damage. Especially this meta it is too easy due to armor breaks.
    Bro do not face people with inequity and despair. (In this meta)
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Ah that’s actually a fair point. I’ll wait and see how the poll turns out but you’re right, a lot of recent defenders are bleed immune. I could still see the value in him but I have Nova, Hulkling, Adam, Serpent, Maestro, SIM, Sersi, and CGR in my deck so it’s about to be oversaturated with cosmics but if venom really was that good I’d have probably made room for him
    If the opponent does bleed tho he’s really good. And he can take weird fights like kindred I’ve seen. Also very good for story and eq.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 830 ★★★
    Invest in him now
    HES AWESOME
  • justarandomusernamejustarandomusername Member Posts: 36
    Don't mean to be rude but not sure if people who voted actually did read the post. You seem to lack everything that makes venom the monster he could be. No deep wounds, no 5+ star relic and on top of it all you have 8 cosmics already in your deck. I get that venom is quite fun, versatile and strong in the right matchups but I definitely wouldn't rank him up above r2 in your situation. I almost never see him when watching celestial+ gameplay either, seems to me that the community is acting a bit biased here. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and am on my way to 5/5 deep wounds just to unlock his potential in particular but in your situation? I would just let him rest until some investment towards deep wounds and a higher star relic is made already which is currently not the case for you. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't see any reason to rank him up as of now.

TLDR: Don't invest in him until a few conditions are met. Don't let the symbiote take over...
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★
    Invest in him now
    Invest.

He is a dual threat on BG and very usefull