Prediction for September Champions

XlebXleb Member Posts: 316
We thought it was a lizard, but what if it was... Count Nefaria.

So, given the leaked titles of the September event quest, namely: spider-wasp, the dream master, the dream maker.

The first one is definitely under shathra, but the other two are under... Count Nefaria (I gave him a science class)

In the official marvel encyclopedia (from a to z) you can see that September's title under Shathra completely coincides with Shathra's aliases in the comics. What are the odds that two other aliases (titles) that apply to exactly one Marvel character, and both at once, will not belong to him? I'll add that this is far from the first time that Kabam has issued titles with official Marvel character aliases, so this theory is not based on me poking my finger in the sky...

Let me know what you think of this theory!

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    I'm predicting Lizard in September since it's a Spiderverse month
  • XlebXleb Member Posts: 316
    edited August 15
    EdisonLaw said:

Not really. It's a month where villains hunt for artifacts (This was already in the plot of the event quest in May and July of this year). But specifically in September, they unite for a common goal in search of powerful artifacts. But the titles have nothing to do with the lizard at all (Although there have ALWAYS been titles and will have speaking names)
    Xleb said:

EdisonLaw said:

Not really. It's a month where villains hunt for artifacts (This was already in the plot of the event quest in May and July of this year). But specifically in September, they unite for a common goal in search of powerful artifacts. But the titles have nothing to do with the lizard at all (Although there have ALWAYS been titles and will have speaking names)
    Well I don't think it's Nefaria. Did they say the classes for September, mystic and what?
    EdisonLaw said:

Xleb said:

EdisonLaw said:

Well I don't think it's Nefaria. Did they say the classes for September, mystic and what?
    They didn't say the class of the second champion of September and the champion of December, but judging by the map of 2024 it could be science or mystic. If in September science, then in December mystic or vice versa. I agree that Nefaria seems like an odd choice, but the titles are literally his aliases.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Member Posts: 2,097 ★★★★
    Would really love to see Shathra. Voted her the prev time she was in a poll too :')

Would really love to see Shathra. Voted her the prev time she was in a poll too :')

well she's already confirmed lol
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Nefaria doesn't really fit the colour pallete teaser they released, I'm not entirely sure who does though tbh. I still think it's probably gonna be another mystic since December as madcap feels quite likely but I guess we shall see

Nefaria doesn't really fit the colour pallete teaser they released, I'm not entirely sure who does though tbh. I still think it's probably gonna be another mystic since December as madcap feels quite likely but I guess we shall see

It has been a long time since we got two champions of the same class in one month.
    Xleb said:

EdisonLaw said:

Xleb said:

EdisonLaw said:

They didn't say the class of the second champion of September and the champion of December, but judging by the map of 2024 it could be science or mystic. If in September science, then in December mystic or vice versa. I agree that Nefaria seems like an odd choice, but the titles are literally his aliases.
    By the way, regarding the fact that there have been more than once cases when the development team made event quest titles under the official nicknames of the champions of the month. Here are just some of them:

These are the official aliases of the following champions of the month - gorr, mantis, serpent, kindred (In particular Gabrielle Stacey), onslaught, morbius, dust. There are really a lot of them, but I'm a lazy person and don't chase these titles, so I missed many of them. I'll also add the recent title The Red Leader in July and this month Beta Ray Thor (You can see for yourself that these are the official aliases of these Marvel characters)
    edited August 15

That's also true, but there's no one who could fit these two titles. It's a nightmare, perhaps, but that would be too far-fetched. Also, to be honest, I never saw a purple tint on the model Beta Ray Bill, but only blue, although there was purple on the roadmap, so I don't fully trust those colors. Also, I don't know, the green could come from Nefaria's powers. But at least science/mystic in September of this year seems like a logical option, because the last time there were two identical classes in a month was 2 years ago...
    EdisonLaw said:

It has been a long time since we got two champions of the same class in one month.
    2 years... But given the unexpected turns from the Kabam in recent months, things have changed significantly for them...
    EdisonLaw said:

Yeah but this would be a summoners choice month where they don't know which champion is going to be coming. That In and if itself isn't reason enough to say it's not going to happen
    Xleb said:

That's also true, but there's no one who could fit these two titles. It's a nightmare, perhaps, but that would be too far-fetched. Also, to be honest, I never saw a purple tint on the model Beta Ray Bill, but only blue, although there was purple on the roadmap, so I don't fully trust those colors. Also, I don't know, the green could come from Nefaria's powers. But at least science/mystic in September of this year seems like a logical option, because the last time there were two identical classes in a month was 2 years ago...
    I think the titles are a little vague to be making definitive statements, for all we know both of them are related to shathra. Also this is a summoners choice month so champion classes are almost irrelevant. They could have selected a mystic character for the month before shathra won the vote

Xleb said:

I think the titles are a little vague to be making definitive statements, for all we know both of them are related to shathra. Also this is a summoners choice month so champion classes are almost irrelevant. They could have selected a mystic character for the month before shathra won the vote
    I probably should have added that the titles were never vague. They either refer to the ongoing plot of the month, or the nickname of both characters of the month, or what they call themselves (including and those titles that they were given in comics for something). So they never lie. I just recently checked all the titles for the event quest from 2023-2024 and they are either related to what I said, or this a reference to the MCU movie that the champ of the month was timed to. Honestly, I wouldn't have a hard time lining up these titles and explaining each one, but what's the point if no one reads it...

Xleb said:

Regarding the fact that he is connected with Shathra... But the champions who come out with the winner are not connected with him. They are connected only through the plot and something they have in common (also written through the plot)
    Xleb said:

Xleb said:

I probably should have added that the titles were never vague. They either refer to the ongoing plot of the month, or the nickname of both characters of the month, or what they call themselves (including and those titles that they were given in comics for something). So they never lie. I just recently checked all the titles for the event quest from 2023-2024 and they are either related to what I said, or this a reference to the MCU movie that the champ of the month was timed to. Honestly, I wouldn't have a hard time lining up these titles and explaining each one, but what's the point if no one reads it...
    I'm saying that the titles for this month are vague in that I don't see how master of sleep applies to nefaria, not that they are always vague
    Xleb said:

Xleb said:

Regarding the fact that he is connected with Shathra... But the champions who come out with the winner are not connected with him. They are connected only through the plot and something they have in common (also written through the plot)
    I'm saying both of the titles could be connected to shathra
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Nice
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★
    Are we talking about Dazzler and Spiral? Amazing.

Xleb said:

Xleb said:

I'm saying that the titles for this month are vague in that I don't see how master of sleep applies to nefaria, not that they are always vague

But these are really two nicknames that only apply to him. They cannot apply to Shathra, in addition, the game titles for the event quest always apply to the second character too, at least, for the 2 years of event quests that I have reviewed...

Xleb said:

Xleb said:

There are no 3 titles for one champion. And I am a comic book expert, how is Shathra connected with dreams?
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★

He does fir the colour scheme

Besides the light green part which could be due to kabams own original design or just how the colours blend in from shathra. But he does have the red and yellowish/orange blend.
    Lokx said:

Besides the light green part which could be due to kabams own original design or just how the colours blend in from shathra. But he does have the red and yellowish/orange blend.
    Well, or the green tint could come from his powers... I don't know.

Xleb said:

Xleb said:

So, I will give you an example of all the titles specifically for researching the event quest from January to August (in 2022 - 2023, the same theme with titles was observed, which you will see below)

In January, the titles for the month are
    "Mercenary of Mystery", which is directly and completely the description of the Bullseye, which is given in official sources, since his past is shrouded in mystery.
    "The Beast That Hunts in The Darkness" - the words that Ava (White Tiger) uttered when she had a "soul battle" with her tiger totem, which threatened her with devouring her soul for betraying him

The titles of February
    "Lady ironheart" are one of the aliases of the Iron heart
    "The living sandstorm" - well, here we are literally talking about what Dust can turn its body into (and that it is essentially a living sandstorm)

March Titles
    "The Indestructible Destroyer" is one of the aliases of the Destroyer
    "The Midgard Serpent" - Odin renamed Esheim to Midgard and sent Serpent there. Therefore, it is also literally

April's titles
    "Original Prowler" - there was an arch in the comics with the Jackal, where he created a clone of Prowler (Hobie Brown), and the real Prowler was called the "original Prowler"
    "Punk-Rock Spidey" - literally the pseudonym of Spider Punk

The May titles
    "Coolest Name Ever" are a direct reference to the first Deadpool 1 movie and to the Warhead:
    "And you are?"
    "Negasonic Teenage Warhead."
    "Negasonic Teenage... What the ****?! That's the coolest name ever!” (I really liked this reference)
    "Her Snobby Lusciousness" is the pseudonym of the Silver Sable

June Titles
    "King of the Slopes" is a direct reference to the Northstar, since he became an Olympic champion in this topic, with the help of his mutant abilities
    "The Worst Bad Guy Ever" - That's how Hazmat named the Arcade after his numerous defeats and disrespect among the villains

July titles
    "Lieutenant America" - the pseudonym of the Patriot
    "Green-Skinned Super Intelligent Entity" - literally a description of the Leader, which is also sometimes given in official sources

Well, the last two, already this month
    "The giver" is directly related to the Enchantress. Since she is known by many names, including Freya or "Gefn" or otherwise she is also called "the giver"
    "Beta Ray Thor" - the pseudonym of Beta Ray Bill.

All. These are all titles from January to August inclusive. And I will add that also 2022-2023 is no exception and everything is exactly the same, one of the titles is ALWAYS under the first champ of the month, the other under the second. That is, "The dream master" and "The dream maker" exactly refer to the second champion of September. And literally only Count Nefaria fits them.
    Xleb said:

Xleb said:

Xleb said:

There are no 3 titles for one champion. And I am a comic book expert, how is Shathra connected with dreams?
    OK sorry Mr comic book expert, I've read nefaria stories before and that was never mentioned so forgive me for trying to temper expectations
    Lokx said:

I'm simply not seeing it
    Xleb said:

Xleb said:

Xleb said:

So, I will give you an example of all the titles specifically for researching the event quest from January to August (in 2022 - 2023, the same theme with titles was observed, which you will see below)

In January, the titles for the month are
    "Mercenary of Mystery", which is directly and completely the description of the Bullseye, which is given in official sources, since his past is shrouded in mystery.
    "The Beast That Hunts in The Darkness" - the words that Ava (White Tiger) uttered when she had a "soul battle" with her tiger totem, which threatened her with devouring her soul for betraying him

The titles of February
    "Lady ironheart" are one of the aliases of the Iron heart
    "The living sandstorm" - well, here we are literally talking about what Dust can turn its body into (and that it is essentially a living sandstorm)

March Titles
    "The Indestructible Destroyer" is one of the aliases of the Destroyer
    "The Midgard Serpent" - Odin renamed Esheim to Midgard and sent Serpent there. Therefore, it is also literally

April's titles
    "Original Prowler" - there was an arch in the comics with the Jackal, where he created a clone of Prowler (Hobie Brown), and the real Prowler was called the "original Prowler"
    "Punk-Rock Spidey" - literally the pseudonym of Spider Punk

The May titles
    "Coolest Name Ever" are a direct reference to the first Deadpool 1 movie and to the Warhead:
    "And you are?"
    "Negasonic Teenage Warhead."
    "Negasonic Teenage... What the ****?! That's the coolest name ever!” (I really liked this reference)
    "Her Snobby Lusciousness" is the pseudonym of the Silver Sable

June Titles
    "King of the Slopes" is a direct reference to the Northstar, since he became an Olympic champion in this topic, with the help of his mutant abilities
    "The Worst Bad Guy Ever" - That's how Hazmat named the Arcade after his numerous defeats and disrespect among the villains

July titles
    "Lieutenant America" - the pseudonym of the Patriot
    "Green-Skinned Super Intelligent Entity" - literally a description of the Leader, which is also sometimes given in official sources

Well, the last two, already this month
    "The giver" is directly related to the Enchantress. Since she is known by many names, including Freya or "Gefn" or otherwise she is also called "the giver"
    "Beta Ray Thor" - the pseudonym of Beta Ray Bill.

All. These are all titles from January to August inclusive. And I will add that also 2022-2023 is no exception and everything is exactly the same, one of the titles is ALWAYS under the first champ of the month, the other under the second. That is, "The dream master" and "The dream maker" exactly refer to the second champion of September. And literally only Count Nefaria fits them.
    I don't think it warranted being this condescending but sure, maybe you're right

Xleb said:

Xleb said:

Xleb said:

OK sorry Mr comic book expert, I've read nefaria stories before and that was never mentioned so forgive me for trying to temper expectations
    Sorry, but above I literally dropped two pages from issue 1 of the comics, where Nefaria is called the Dream Maker, and then he proclaims himself the Dream Master
  • HuskerCoolHuskerCool Member Posts: 120
    I hope the OP is right; Count Nefaria would be a worthy addition to the game.
    edited August 16

I hope the OP is right; Count Nefaria would be a worthy addition to the game.

I hope so too. You know, I have already convinced myself that the titles literally only speak about the champions of the month (about something inherent only to them). If this is not so and these two titles will belong to someone other than Nefaria (and when did that happen?), then it is possible will consider how, if the Kate Bishop received the title "Celestial Madonna", which is inherent only to the Mantis... well, I think you understood what I wanted to say