Max amount of reunion crystal is 47 instead of 48

NuclearNuclear Member Posts: 26
Just noticed this a couple of days ago but the amount has been reduced by 1 since we start with the timer on cooldown instead of being able to claim the first one of the get go The math I used was pretty much 14 days x 24 = 336 - the initial first 7 hours = 329 : 7 = 47. Does this add up or have I miscalculated it?

(Note: it will probably be 49/50 crystals plus the one people got from the 2x or will get compensated)

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian
    Yes, the first time logging in after the event started, began your initial countdown timer to your 1st available crystal.

Announcement did say 48 Max, technically, although probably should have said 47 (think they forgot to account for that).

And realistically, even if you are on at the exact second that it hits 7 hrs each, your very final one would inevitably be some # of seconds too late also. So 46.

But as you said, people could have easily had 3 of the extra (bugged) ones, not sure if 4 was possible in that time but people had seen 3. So 49 Max.

So could end up getting 1 more (free) than they mentioned in announcement, so long as you average less than around 8 minutes of timer “drag” each across all of the crystals.
  • NuclearNuclear Member Posts: 26

Yes, the first time logging in after the event started, began your initial countdown timer to your 1st available crystal.

Announcement did say 48 Max, technically, although probably should have said 47 (think they forgot to account for that).

And realistically, even if you are on at the exact second that it hits 7 hrs each, your very final one would inevitably be some # of seconds too late also. So 46.

But as you said, people could have easily had 3 of the extra (bugged) ones, not sure if 4 was possible in that time but people had seen 3. So 49 Max.

So could end up getting 1 more (free) than they mentioned in announcement, so long as you average less than around 8 minutes of timer “drag” each across all of the crystals.

I'm sorry if I sound dumb but what do you mean by timer 'drag'?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,277 ★★★★★
    So 24 extra
    Nuclear said:

You claim a few mins after its available

So 24 extra

Nuclear said:

But why would people do that? And why is there a 8 minute rule for the crystals?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,277 ★★★★★
    Nuclear said:

So 24 extra

Nuclear said:

But why would people do that? And why is there a 8 minute rule for the crystals?
    I assume he means 8 mins aftet 8 mins on next and so on...
    Why? Not in purpose, for example today I was in a meeting myself and I had to claim 15.mins after...
    No no.

I mean that since the crystals are not on a 7-hour window of a CLOCK system, where you could claim the next one at anytime during that 7 hours.

Instead the next countdown starts at the exact moment you claim it.
    If it had been available for several minutes (or hours), or such, until you happen to get back into back, or go back to Home Screen and see it is READY.
    There will naturally be some amount of time where it is sitting READY, but you don’t have your eyes glued to the timer ready to pounce on it.

To use a 24 hour claimable timer as an example (instead of 7 hours)..
    One day you CLAIM at exactly NOON.
    But the next day may not be back in game to claim it until 12:15pm
    Now, you think, well tomorrow I’ll come back and hit Claim at exactly NOON and get that missed time back ?? *NOPE*
    The earliest you can claim the next day would be 12:15pm again.
    And if you miss it by a few minutes, every single day, eventually you’ll see that it is now pushed back to 1:00pm. Then maybe 1:30 Etc. etc.

TIMER DRAG. (or maybe Timer “CREEP”, as the next time keeps creeping further and further out in future days).

The most you can (on average) let that “oops, I didn’t get to it exactly when it was ready” time drag/creep further out, would be on average up to about 8 minutes per crystal.
    Since you’ll have 7 excess hours (see story about how even being 1 second off will result in your final theoretical crystal thus missing out by 1 second) of time that you can end up losing over the course of 2 weeks.

7 hours divided by 46 crystals = around 8 minutes you could be late every single crystal (on average).

Sometimes you might be in the shower getting ready for work, or driving to work, and you can’t just adjust your whole work schedule just to catch a crystal at the exact moment it's ready. You got 7 hours of time over 2 weeks that you can cumulatively be late in claiming them.

did I really need to write all this, lol
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★

No no.

I mean that since the crystals are not on a 7-hour window of a CLOCK system, where you could claim the next one at anytime during that 7 hours.

If it had been available for several minutes (or hours), or such, until you happen to get back into back, or go back to Home Screen and see it is READY.
    There will naturally be some amount of time where it is sitting READY, but you don’t have your eyes glued to the timer ready to pounce on it.

Now, you think, well tomorrow I’ll come back and hit Claim at exactly NOON and get that missed time back ?? *NOPE*
    And if you miss it by a few minutes, every single day, eventually you’ll see that it is now pushed back to 1:00pm. Then maybe 1:30 Etc. etc.

TIMER DRAG. (or maybe Timer “CREEP”, as the next time keeps creeping further and further out in future days).

The most you can (on average) let that “oops, I didn’t get to it exactly when it was ready” time drag/creep further out, would be on average up to about 8 minutes per crystal.
    Since you’ll have 7 excess hours (see story about how even being 1 second off will result in your final theoretical crystal thus missing out by 1 second) of time that you can end up losing over the course of 2 weeks.

7 hours divided by 46 crystals = around 8 minutes you could be late every single crystal (on average).

Sometimes you might be in the shower getting ready for work, or driving to work, and you can’t just adjust your whole work schedule just to catch a crystal at the exact moment it's ready. You got 7 hours of time over 2 weeks that you can cumulatively be late in claiming them.

All these 7hr crystal posts got ya working overtime...

No no.

All these 7hr crystal posts got ya working overtime...
    What I mostly do is set the alarm like 5 minutes or so before I gotta claim it and wait ingame for the last 1 minuten or some so I claim it as soon as possible (I know addicted, need carbs and t4) so the drag is as small as possible
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    edited August 17
    i mean seriously tho, any sane person should only be getting 3 per day.

nobody should be disrupting their sleep cycle an waking up in the middle of sleep to claim a god damn crystal in a game.
    its an addiction at that point akin to that of crack cocaine.

i mean that is still 42 crystals.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 796 ★★★
    Yeah but we got extra crystals so quit whining
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,817 ★★★★★
    Nuclear said:

Just noticed this a couple of days ago but the amount has been reduced by 1 since we start with the timer on cooldown instead of being able to claim the first one of the get go The math I used was pretty much 14 days x 24 = 336 - the initial first 7 hours = 329 : 7 = 47. Does this add up or have I miscalculated it?

(Note: it will probably be 49/50 crystals plus the one people got from the 2x or will get compensated)

They're right thought (at the very top).
    Announcement did/does say “48 max”.

Unless (wait, let me grab my tinfoil hat.. ok) they knew that they were gonna have that initial “planned bug” that will give us all 2 extra crystals at the beginning, and so wrote the announcement to say 48.
    But they goofed and let the bug go on slightly longer than planned, and we ended up with 3 extra instead.

(ouch, that tinfoil must be shrinking on me)