Anyone else find this side quest hard?

Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
I was doing the side quest lv5 with the mutants and I ended up facing Emma Frost with the node where you have to knock her over with heavy after she specials.

Kept taking damage because I can’t heavy punish her heavy and I also can’t stun her in diamond form, made me have to abort 2 runs and lose my entries, I guess not all side quests are meant to be easy.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,241 Guardian
    edited August 17
    Is it a normal Emma, where an Armor Break takes her Diamond form away ?
    Parry with Corvus, or CapIW(+cosmic) ?
    (edit) Someone else said HB too.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Duped FAM can cap her burst damage to 10% health so use him if you can. Or use armor break champ like Ironman, hulkbuster or warlock. Alternatively use power control champ like vision deathless and ensure she never throws a special.

And yeah she sux
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    Have been lucky enough to only have nightcrawler there, and prowler rinses him.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 395 ★★

I believe (may be mistaken), the quest preview had the attackers hidden, and “key lost on quit out of quest”. so if you planned for the “heavy knockdown after defender special” node, and didn’t pack an armor break champ (it’s ALL mutant defenders, so may not have been your priority), that Emma was a bit of a surprise. AND defenders reset after completion.

don’t have any entries currently, so cannot peek into the quest to verify right now.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★

I believe (may be mistaken), the quest preview had the attackers hidden, and “key lost on quit out of quest”. so if you planned for the “heavy knockdown after defender special” node, and didn’t pack an armor break champ (it’s ALL mutant defenders, so may not have been your priority), that Emma was a bit of a surprise. AND defenders reset after completion.

don’t have any entries currently, so cannot peek into the quest to verify right now.
    I think the first couple times with the entry keys we got the other day, it was a magneto and someone else that was easy so I just came in and thought I'd smash the quest with same champs as last time and boy was I wrong.

90% of side quest content is brain-dead easy to beat, and tbh I don't mind when I get a rude wake up call to pay attention to enemies and nodes haha
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions all, I don't have a Future Ant Man but if I get him, I'll be sure to make him a rank up priority
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    It’s a deliberately annoying week. Several node / opponent combos are clearly designed to trap you into a stupid and frustrating matchup.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    Any tech did the fight for me - just time her to not be unblockable when she has her special.
  • TrwblueTrwblue Member Posts: 9
    If you stick to sp1 and fire it off right before she gets to a bar of power, she'll be in telepath form after she throws her special. Then you can parry heavy. A bit slower but it's safe as long as you watch the unblockable timer
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    The professor is much more annoying.
    Emma was hard, which I don't have a problem with. But that PX fight just keeps dragging on and on for no reason.
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 163
    This side quest seems hard for…. a side quest. Most fights were ok until I faced Nightcrawler. Probably because I forgot to throw heavy after his special. Did not want to use a revive just ended my quest.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    I used CGR to Destroy Emma