I’m About to be paragon. Is ultron worth ranking for ease of that fight

JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 222
Does ultron have use elsewhere if I rank him for the superior kang fight cheese. I want to get through his phases in one go. I was going to rank torch but I don’t have him awakened and I’m probably giving the generic gem we get to Hercules

Comments

• JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 222
    Is there a better option that I’m forgetting? He was who I saw most people using for the cheese
  • Futbol_4_LIFEFutbol_4_LIFE Member Posts: 63
    use torch
  • Futbol_4_LIFEFutbol_4_LIFE Member Posts: 63
    he doesn’t need the gem anyways

he doesn’t need the gem anyways

He does for his pre fight to get the damage to make it through the phases quickly
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,325 ★★★★★

• pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Ultron is worth it. I also used angela and she did great, but ultron in general is a decent war champion with a load of utility.
  • SligSlig Member Posts: 370 ★★
    Venom is good for Superior Kang.

I used Ultron in my initial run back in the day and Venom in my crucible run.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    Gorr is very good for superior Kang, I would argue better then ultron
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,139 ★★★★★
    Yeah gorr is really good. I'll just use herc tho. His indestructible allow you to get 2-3 extea charges before you die.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,798 ★★★★★
    Gorr, Venom, Herc all easy to take him down with. Ultron is still good enough to rank also.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 425 ★★
    Slig said:

wait, doesn’t Superior Kang throw debuffs that you have used on him (current and prior during that run) back at you? IIRC I decided to soften him him up w/ Nick, then my roster got +20%, and I was wondering why he kept dropping BLEEDS on me???? one of many “learning experiences… o_0

Ultron shrugs fire and shock at high sig, is double immune, absorbs energy damage, and can’t have his Fuctions AAR’d. he’s not as flashy, but he’s a workhorse still.
    Ortoun said:

Gorr is very good for superior Kang, I would argue better then ultron

I’ve seen this bc he regens from all the dexes. I just wanna push those phases. I don’t have the 7 star. I have a 6 star unduped unranked. I’m out of dang gold
    Slig said:

If I had 7 star venom I’d def consider. I have the 6 star duped maybe I think but he’s not ranked. I’ve already got ultron r2

Yeah gorr is really good. I'll just use herc tho. His indestructible allow you to get 2-3 extea charges before you die.

So is herc still worth the generic gem these days? I’m about to get one but idk if I should use it on torch, fantman, bullseye, or herc
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,089 ★★★★★
    I did it with Herc yesterday on Kang
    Just herc it
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,089 ★★★★★

So is herc still worth the generic gem these days? I’m about to get one but idk if I should use it on torch, fantman, bullseye, or herc
    Herc will forever be worth of using rankup items before everyone else.
    He's top #1 hero of the game.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    edited August 20
    In my opinion, Ultron is the way to go if you stink at dexing his sp1 beam, which I am. He regens most of the damage back so you can just block it.

Just for an overview, I used Ultron max sig r4 on legendary and used three revives and heal to 51% (he may have been boosted. I don't remember).

I just finished normal kang (because I want that 100% banner on the special events screen) with a 7r3 Venom (I had suicides on this time and revives that I thought I would have needed for legendary crucible just sitting) boosted because I heard people say he's great. He had over 122,000 hp, and I still had to revive 13 times. I didn't heal each time like I did with Ultron, but that beam just kills me.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    I used vox for the superior kang in crucible and got each of his health bars down in 1 sp1 to sp2 rotation, he's absolutely absurd for that fight

In my opinion, Ultron is the way to go if you stink at dexing his sp1 beam, which I am. He regens most of the damage back so you can just block it.

Just for an overview, I used Ultron max sig r4 on legendary and used three revives and heal to 51% (he may have been boosted. I don't remember).

I just finished normal kang (because I want that 100% banner on the special events screen) with a 7r3 Venom (I had suicides on this time and revives that I thought I would have needed for legendary crucible just sitting) boosted because I heard people say he's great. He had over 122,000 hp, and I still had to revive 13 times. I didn't heal each time like I did with Ultron, but that beam just kills me.

Thanks man

I used vox for the superior kang in crucible and got each of his health bars down in 1 sp1 to sp2 rotation, he's absolutely absurd for that fight

Never even thought abt this option. Might rank him up. I know he’s good for incursions right? I was kinda hoping for the 7 star soon. I rlly don’t want to rank these champs up to r3, r4, or r5 when I can pull them as a 7 star. It def takes some thought if I do that for a champ that’s not in the 7 star pool
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,868 ★★★★★
    Ultron is good all over. Great for Questing or Incursions. Even useable in BGs, in the right meta; particularly against opponents with Energy damage.