Why would someone vote for cyclops?

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    Womp womp
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Member Posts: 352 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Because he’s awesome

HE LITERALLY SUCKS. THE MOST UNINTERESTING CHARACTER EVER.
    I found Cyclops to be fascinating and I’ve never even read the comics. He’s great in 97 and he’s a pretty complex character and a fantastic leader. Strange has more going powers wise but Cyclops isn’t uninteresting unless you’re exclusively watching the bad fox movie version of him
    Every version of cyclops sucks.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Because he’s awesome

HE LITERALLY SUCKS. THE MOST UNINTERESTING CHARACTER EVER.
    I found Cyclops to be fascinating and I’ve never even read the comics. He’s great in 97 and he’s a pretty complex character and a fantastic leader. Strange has more going powers wise but Cyclops isn’t uninteresting unless you’re exclusively watching the bad fox movie version of him
    Every version of cyclops sucks.
    Ok sure whatever you say I guess. I think he’s a pretty well-written character with cool utilizations of his limited power set 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    Cyclops technically deserved the buff first. He's been a meme for longer while Dr Strange had his time to shine in the Contest.

As others have said, the X-Men 97 series did an amazing job of beefing up his character. Add in the Miike factor, the fact that he's such a meme, and also that we've since had better Sorcerer style Mystics in the recent past, especially Kushala, but very little in the Mutants, other than Onslaught.

Cyclops was definitely the better choice.

Mutant class: Onslaught, Kitty, Archangel, Magneto, Apocalypse, Weapon X, Sunspot, Colossus and so many more op charactes. What the f are you talking about?
    EdisonLaw said:

Cyclops technically deserved the buff first. He's been a meme for longer while Dr Strange had his time to shine in the Contest.

No he doesn't deserve it because Strange has been always a better character in comics,in cinema in everywhere!!! Cyclops is fine the way he is.
    edited August 19

it’s just a vote man why are you being so aggressive and taking it out on other people

He's the same guy who said this a while ago and got banned, he should be ashamed

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/363132/a-wish-for-the-dude-who-designed-the-sasquatch-fight-in-alliance-war-showcase

I personally wanted Blackbolt, but seeing the options I resigned myself to the fact that was never meant to be.

Blackbolt never really stood a chance
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★

I personally wanted Blackbolt, but seeing the options I resigned myself to the fact that was never meant to be.

Oh yeah, from the start I wanted it to be Elektra, but I knew she's was one of the least popular choices so I was resigned to not get it. Hopefully one day.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★

Because he's been a meme since release and his animations will be peak!!

Dr.Strange is far more powerful character than Cyclops though. He literally deserved the buff. Who the f cares about a boring Cyclops? Dr.Strange is interesting and fun. Cyclops isn't.
    You're acting like Cyclops isn't a powerful character like every other bot who has never read comics lmao while it is true that his actual powers aren't even close to being as powerful as Strange's, his tenacity and tactical mind make him a huge threat.

In Fall of The House of X, Nimrod even calls him an omega level mutant (to put things into perspective, Jean Grey and Franklin Richards are omega level mutants, omega level mutants are the strongest mutants in the comics) not because of his powers but because of his tenacity and tactical mind. It is stated by Nimrod himself that in the thousands of battle simulations he ran against the X-Men, Cyclops is always the last mand standing in every single one of them even though his powers aren't as insane as the powers some of his fellow X-Men have, and so for that reason alone he considers him an Omega Level mutant.
    If that doesn't scream to you that the guy is strong, I don't know what does, go read more comics I guess.
    His Leadership abilities are also criminally underrated, and should surely be part of his reworked kit - similar to how Cap IW buffs teammates, but...you know...better :smile: