Tech 2-3 gem choice (Guardian vs Prowler)

2»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Guardian (sig 20)

I also just realized that I have a 6 star r3 duped Hulkbuster relic that has been rotting with Shuri so that makes the decision easier

Oh absolutely, in fact the 6* (or 5*) HB relic is the only thing that makes Guardian strong. Without it I would not recommend ranking him up, his damage is quite literally cut in half without that relic he really needs it.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,818 ★★★★★
    edited August 20

I don't see why people shouldn't vote for Prowler. He's a very decent champ. Not amazing, but decent.

I'd lean towards Guardian's Utility more (Autoblock, Armour Up, Parry projectiles, Bleed and energy Resistance), but Prowler's isn't bad either (counter Evade, Falter immunity, Incinerate + Bleed immunity, counters Power Efficiency, Falter to create openings/land Heavies/avoid Specials)

Damage-wise, they also aren't actually a million miles apart; even with a Hulkbuster relic on Guardian + Sentinel relic on Prowler (who, in this scenario, isn't Awakened):
    Both are 7r1. Simple SP1-SP2 rotation for Guardian; or SP2 spam for Prowler...

Cause the poll says duped Guardian or unduped Prowler, it's a no brainer.

As for the ROL fight, Guardian can do that fight way faster if you throw two sp1s before sp2, I've done it in 55 with my r1.
    Really?

Without Recoil masteries, or synergies?

Mind showing me a screenshot of that?
    @Magrailothos

Impressive - seriously 🙂

Two questions - What's the rating on that Hulkbuster relic? And what was your rotation? I tried a few rotations, and throwing one or two SP1s first, or going through SP3 made relatively little impact to the time on mine.

My relic is only r3 - I guess I should r4 it!
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 869 ★★★

I also just realized that I have a 6 star r3 duped Hulkbuster relic that has been rotting with Shuri so that makes the decision easier

Oh absolutely, in fact the 6* (or 5*) HB relic is the only thing that makes Guardian strong. Without it I would not recommend ranking him up, his damage is quite literally cut in half without that relic he really needs it.
    Although not to the same extent, I feel similarly about Prowler and the Sentinel relic. The extra incinerate duration and the incinerate vulnerability helps him out a lot

Although not to the same extent, I feel similarly about Prowler and the Sentinel relic. The extra incinerate duration and the incinerate vulnerability helps him out a lot
    Agreed - it makes keeping his Incinerate up much more sustainable, and his damage more reliable.

However the HB relic on Guardian is possibly the most potent relic interaction in the game. Looking at @ItsClobberinTime Vs Winter Soldier, I think I need to work on getting my relic to r4.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Guardian (sig 20)
    @Magrailothos comment keeps getting sent to the abyss for some stupid reason.

My relic is r3 too, the rotation was sp1 sp1 sp2.
    The way you want to play it is basically don't perfect block any specials until after you throw your first sp1, after that perfect block every single special he throws that way you get to sp1 again and then sp2 quick enough so no charges expire, if you've done this properly you will be at 9 just like that. From there just throw relic for the shock vulnerability and sp2.
    Also, use special damage stat instead of crit rating if you aren't already. I see most people run crit rating but after all the testing I've done special damage seems to be the best one by far because it makes the shock after your sp2 stronger, I don't know if it's because the special damage stat is also increasing the damage on the shock but 8 times out of 10 special damage ends up dealing more damage than crit one for me.

@Magrailothos comment keeps getting sent to the abyss for some stupid reason.

My relic is r3 too, the rotation was sp1 sp1 sp2.
    The way you want to play it is basically don't perfect block any specials until after you throw your first sp1, after that perfect block every single special he throws that way you get to sp1 again and then sp2 quick enough so no charges expire, if you've done this properly you will be at 9 just like that. From there just throw relic for the shock vulnerability and sp2.
    Also, use special damage stat instead of crit rating if you aren't already. I see most people run crit rating but after all the testing I've done special damage seems to be the best one by far because it makes the shock after your sp2 stronger, I don't know if it's because the special damage stat is also increasing the damage on the shock but 8 times out of 10 special damage ends up dealing more damage than crit one for me.

Thanks for the explanation.

I've tried it a few times though, and I've got to say: I really don't think you understand just how difficult what you're doing is.

I take my hat off to you, sir.