Not to be that guy but this feels a bit underwhelming

PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
edited August 28 in General Discussion
https://youtu.be/fNkJDsMjeVM?si=eukG_JTbZBrGXDTV
Is it just me or do shathra's animations just...seem underwhelming??
They said she was gonna be creepier than kindred and I don't feel like she is.
I guess I expected her animations to be a bit more gnarly?

Comments

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 885 ★★★
    Fair enough. I personally like them but I can see why you don't. She's very buggy lol. (Bug wise)
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,371 ★★★★★
    She looks cool and her animations are fluid. She definitely isn’t hitting the creep factor fully yeah, but she looks good
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,374 ★★★★★
    Specials look very easy to dex too, she's already looking like a pure attacker let's hope this is finally the huge damage dealer we've been waiting for since January cause I'm sick of waiting lol
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Member Posts: 183

Specials look very easy to dex too, she's already looking like a pure attacker let's hope this is finally the huge damage dealer we've been waiting for since January cause I'm sick of waiting lol

Wdym... we have bill
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,271 ★★★★★
    She looks like she could be Kindred’s wife
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,371 ★★★★★

Ik what you mean but we do have Bill (he is better for long form tho) and I genuinely think WT is a top tier mystic. But yeah, severely lacking this year in good bg attackers aside from like 2/3 so let’s hope she or nefaria fulfill that
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,076 ★★★★★
    We got Deathless wasp before GTA 6🗣️🗣️🗣️

I don’t think she’ll be a hard defender. Quicksilver, Herc and Gladiator are attackers
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    It's funny how Venompool is able to block after 2 hits in Shathra's 5 hit combo, and they just continued using that in the video. I wonder if it is a mistake or if there actually is some benefit of hitting into blocks.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,276 Guardian
    Comment about the AUDIBLE SOUNDS..
    That “Doink, Doink” sound, as if hitting a tin can (when hitting into Block, on either champ),is gonna get annoying really fast.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,261 ★★★★★
    edited August 28

That “Doink, Doink” sound, as if hitting a tin can (when hitting into Block, on either champ),is gonna get annoying really fast.

I didn't hear it the first time but now that you pointed it out oh my god they need to remove that. It'll be almost as bad as Howard
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,276 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

I didn't hear it the first time but now that you pointed it out oh my god they need to remove that. It'll be almost as bad as Howard
    And now imagine without the background music going on, just sound effects.

I don’t recall Howard, but how about IMIW for a short while long ago that had a BANG that was about 5x your normal speaker setting (ok, maybe it was only 4x normal volume, lol). Had to get up and make sure nobody was breaking in thru my kitchen windows the first couple times.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    You're on your own with this one, at least from my perspective. She's boss.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I think people need to realise that she's a mystic champ, and mystic champs are known for spamming specials a lot. If her kit requires timing and Bursty gameplay it's probably better for her to have quick and punchy specials, especially for battlegrounds.

Destroyer is hardly a top tier bg attacker, but the fact that his sp2 is such a quick burst means that when you're using it 2 or 3 times in a row is not gonna cost that much time and I think it's worth keeping mind.

There's also the fact that he animations used a lot of particle effects for the bugs and considering how dust overloads the game sometimes it's probably better for them to not go overboard with her

Kindreds specials are easy to dex too. Its a little early to say she's not going to have defensive capability off of her animations alone
    EdisonLaw said:

I don’t think she’ll be a hard defender. Quicksilver, Herc and Gladiator are attackers
    All 3 of them do have defensive value depending on bg rolls
    Guys, with the knowledge that Serpent isn't getting rebalanced, I am hoping that Shathra is going to be a counter to him.

Fingers crossed