Toughts on a downgrade system for catalysts?

NuclearNuclear Member Posts: 26
Currently I'm sitting at 57 T6BCC an 52 T3AC but I am in a desperate need for T2AC and T3BCC but namely the alpha so could we implement a system where we can trade higher recourses for lower ones instead of only lower for high ones.

Something like 1x T6BCC gives you 6x T4BCC or 12x T3BCC,
and
1x T3AC gives you 4x or 6x T2AC or 12x T1AC

(For everyone wondering why I would want to give up higher recourses for lower ones, it's because they are required for the lower rank ups of 4* and 6*)

The only current ways to get T2AC are trough the Battlegrounds store which has a limited amount and takes too long to reset, Uncollected, Cavalier and Thronebreaker monthly quest but those only give 7 combined and the only other way is trough the Rank-Up store but I guess no one wants to pay units for rank ups which is understandable.

Maybe I am asking for useless features but I always have too much T6BCC and T3AC on overflow so please either buff how much of it we can carry outside of overflow or allow us to downgrade it for lower Catalysts

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    Yeah, i would love that too. The other alternative would be glory but i’m not as active or enjoy aq much to bother. Wouldn’t mind a downgrade option.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,753 ★★★★★
    Nuclear said:

Currently I'm sitting at 57 T6BCC an 52 T3AC but I am in a desperate need for T2AC and T3BCC but namely the alpha so could we implement a system where we can trade higher recourses for lower ones instead of only lower for high ones.

Something like 1x T6BCC gives you 6x T4BCC or 12x T3BCC,
    and
    1x T3AC gives you 4x or 6x T2AC or 12x T1AC

(For everyone wondering why I would want to give up higher recourses for lower ones, it's because they are required for the lower rank ups of 4* and 6*)

The only current ways to get T2AC are trough the Battlegrounds store which has a limited amount and takes too long to reset, Uncollected, Cavalier and Thronebreaker monthly quest but those only give 7 combined and the only other way is trough the Rank-Up store but I guess no one wants to pay units for rank ups which is understandable.

Maybe I am asking for useless features but I always have too much T6BCC and T3AC on overflow so please either buff how much of it we can carry outside of overflow or allow us to downgrade it for lower Catalysts

The Glory store has them too. Just playing AQ gives tons of T2A and T5B
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Nuclear said:

Such a system has been suggested in the past, in fact this goes way way back to when 5* champs started eating T1 alphas like there was no tomorrow. My suspicion is that this is a thing the devs would not be opposed to doing, but they've never had the time to spend to build it. Such a system would require building the UI for it, the back end systems for it, and time to analyze what the trade in conversion ratios should be to be consistent with the game economy parameters. That's a significant amount of time to a feature that might actually only benefit a tiny percentage of players.

To give you an idea of the backlog of QoL features the devs are considering or working on, something like three years ago I suggested to the QoL team allowing ISO to be used from stash to level up champs. We got that feature just recently.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,687 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Nuclear said:

Such a system has been suggested in the past, in fact this goes way way back to when 5* champs started eating T1 alphas like there was no tomorrow. My suspicion is that this is a thing the devs would not be opposed to doing, but they've never had the time to spend to build it. Such a system would require building the UI for it, the back end systems for it, and time to analyze what the trade in conversion ratios should be to be consistent with the game economy parameters. That's a significant amount of time to a feature that might actually only benefit a tiny percentage of players.

To give you an idea of the backlog of QoL features the devs are considering or working on, something like three years ago I suggested to the QoL team allowing ISO to be used from stash to level up champs. We got that feature just recently.
    Could always just add a trade in section of the store if they wanted it enough. Simpler way to implement it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Nuclear said:

Could always just add a trade in section of the store if they wanted it enough. Simpler way to implement it.
    Simpler than what? That's how I imagined such a thing would work. But you still have to actually build the UI components to implement that in the store, and all the rest of the steps still need to be done.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,687 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Nuclear said:

Simpler than what? That's how I imagined such a thing would work. But you still have to actually build the UI components to implement that in the store, and all the rest of the steps still need to be done.
    I mean that they've already for catalyst trade ins in the sigil store, and have had catalyst trade ins in the past. it'd just be a case of you buy 5 t5b for the cost of a t6b or something.
  • NuclearNuclear Member Posts: 26

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Nuclear said:

I mean that they've already for catalyst trade ins in the sigil store, and have had catalyst trade ins in the past. it'd just be a case of you buy 5 t5b for the cost of a t6b or something.
    The only problem is that the Sigil is a monthly subscription
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 796 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Nuclear said:

Where do I sign up to be a dev? I’ll do it on my lunch break, lol