So September is the 1 year anniversary of the 7* Incursions and Loyalty crystals

OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
Think they will be updated in the next patch?

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,861 ★★★★★
    I guess so, also will the champs enter the basic pool immediately, or will they enter titan first?

And again, is there any other last minute deals or something (a selector maybe) to accquire one of those champs?
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    I guess one tell will be if there are some unexpected new 7*s in next week’s build
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,678 ★★★★★

I guess so, also will the champs enter the basic pool immediately, or will they enter titan first?

And again, is there any other last minute deals or something (a selector maybe) to accquire one of those champs?

Seems like they should enter the basic since the others were already like featureds
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,054 ★★★★★

Should be the basic pool, the legends celebration champs entered the basic pool, so should they
  • Hort4Hort4 Member Posts: 503 ★★★
    Hopefully they don’t change before I get one more crack at duping Black Cat.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,678 ★★★★★
    Hoping for an awesome update.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,053 ★★★★
    Kingpin and cgr are almost defo getting added
    Hort4 said:

Hopefully they don’t change before I get one more crack at duping Black Cat.

Exactly my thoughts. I have her at r3 unduped. Love to dupe her (and get HB)
  • ElwindElwind Member Posts: 392 ★★★
    1 year has passed but the crystals' champion pool is still the same.
    This crystals' champion pools should have definitely changed this month.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    Elwind said:

1 year has passed but the crystals' champion pool is still the same.
    This crystals' champion pools should have definitely changed this month.

why?
    just because you think so?
    they never said they would.
    infact they said initially they would remain exclusive to these crystals "for atleast a year" indication that it would be a year at minimum but the implication was that it could remain for quite sometime after.
  • Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Member Posts: 89
    Please let me dupe my void first. If they roll out the new champs then they should at least consider having a bonus 1 time selector for the previous rotation, so people can have an option to choose the champ they have wanted.
    And also mind shortening the wait timer, it would be a plus too.
    No unexpected new champs in the update, so looks like they aren’t changing this month.

No unexpected new champs in the update, so looks like they aren’t changing this month.

They might take champs that need high sig put of the basic and put them in
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,007 ★★★★★
    It’d be cool if the reunion pool moved into one of these and the current pool moved into the basic. Same if some of these other chase or special crystal champs… move them from that pool into the AW or Incursion pool and move the current pool into the basic
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,753 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

It’d be cool if the reunion pool moved into one of these and the current pool moved into the basic. Same if some of these other chase or special crystal champs… move them from that pool into the AW or Incursion pool and move the current pool into the basic

These are suppose to be high sigs so someone like iceman should be added in one
    @Kabam Crashed Thanks for the info. So is it safe to assume the pool won't change atleast until next year?

Also what about banquet and omega days pool (and invisible woman from romance crystal). Any plans on adding them to basic crystal pool soon?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,549 ★★★★★

When we introduced these crystals, I said they would remain unchanged for at least a year. We deliberately included champions requiring high sig to give them some longevity, in case we decided against updating them. After reviewing the data, we have no plans to update these crystals.

In the case of the AW crystal, the idea was that including a champion chase would result in more players engaging with AW. I can't find any evidence of that. It looks like the same players that always played AW continue to play it, and the same players that didn't play AW continued to not play it. It creates a fun additional chase for those playing AW, but given there was effectively no discernable behaviour change, it seems unwise to use up six more champions in our 7-star runway to update the crystal.

On the Incursions side, our iteration on Saga Incursions has absolutely crushed our engagement targets. More players played Incursions for Arcade Games than any point aside from when Incursions replaced the Side Quest. Similar to AW, I don't believe updating the Incursions pool is going to bring anybody into Incursions that isn't already playing it. It might make a few people do Incursions in off cycles, but Saga Incursions is intended to be the late-game Incursions meta moving forward. So again, burning six champions from the runway to update the crystal for little to no benefit seems unwise.

I am not saying they will literally never change, but I will give players at least a few builds of warning if/when that happens. Until you hear more from us it's safe to assume they are not changing.

So we're going from not changing for at least a year to not changing at all really? I'm willing to bet that info might actually push people to do more aw/incursions just to get all available champs and at decent sig levels.

@Kabam Crashed Thanks for the info. So is it safe to assume the pool won't change atleast until next year?

Also what about banquet and omega days pool (and invisible woman from romance crystal). Any plans on adding them to basic crystal pool soon?

Yes I can say with confidence at this point that the AW and Incursions crystals won't be changing at least until next year.

The current plan is for the 2023 Banquet champions (gifted guardians) to join the basic pool in either December or February 2025, likely December. No plans yet for Invisible woman or the Omega Days champions.
    Thanks for the clear update - much appreciated.
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    What’s the plan for the recent Reunion pool champs that we just had?
    7 STAR ADAM POSSIBLY GOING IM BASIC LESSGO
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 396 ★★★

my r3 waiting for the dupe for so long

I'm more excited about shocker 🔥
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 719 ★★★
    @Kabam Crashed

Thank you for the informations, that were waited for a long time.
    They should be in an announcement or a special message, instead of the thread of a player, because interesting for a lot of players.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian

They should be in an announcement or a special message, instead of the thread of a player, because interesting for a lot of players.

You could potentially argue that ANYTHING than a Kabam Mod replies in ANY thread should be in a separate announcement type post, to expand visibility, etc.

If you’re interested (and especially while the Forum Server Bug is continuing with not applying Mod/Admin Label under posts where a Mod has commented in), you could always just have permanent open tabs (or bookmarks) for each of the Mods (Crashed, Dork, Pinwheel), to see their Profile.
    In which you can either click on all of their COMMENTS made in posts, or their Posts they’ve created.

Checking those, you'd be able to see whatever they are commenting or posting about, no matter what category or thread it was in.