will we be getting kingpin rank down tickets tomorrow?

tmnt45tmnt45 Member Posts: 46
whats the timeline after fixing a 3 year old problem

Comments

• Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I'm torn on this.

I agree that it's not a character breaking change, but that shouldn't be a reason they don't issue RDT.

I'm not saying I want them to issue RDT and I likely wouldn't use them if they did. But Kingpin has worked this way since his buff. In the past they have responded to a situation like this in a few different ways. They have rewritten a character's ability to reflect how that character functions. They have changed the character to reflect what the ability is written as. Sometimes RDT, sometimes no.

She-Hulk (pre buff) corner heavy and Magik's power lock backdraft are the closest two people/situations I can think of that might approach this; strictly from a longevity factor. Very similar situations for both but not quite 1:1. I think Domino is another - one who had her description changed to reflect what was happening but I could be misremembering the champion.

Regardless; if we have a champion functioning one specific way for years. Not weeks or months, but multiple years. Then the character is changed. I do feel like that warrants something. RDT? I don't know. But something.

I'm torn because I don't necessarily want RDT, but I'm also not willing to say RDT aren't warranted, with the reasoning being: "Well, it's not a massive change and he's still a top champ." I mean, yes that's very true... but it's a completely unexpected change after three and a half years of the champion working this way.

I dunno, the situation sucks for both community and Kabam.
    PT_99 said:

We should be getting 7* kingpin now because he's nerfed

Lmfao, sure. I second this. That's my compensation ask. Lol. Forget RDT and release Kingpin as a 7*.
  • The_Boss253The_Boss253 Member Posts: 105
    edited August 31

I'm torn on this.

They should do a kind of opt-in for kingpin RDT’s
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    If we get new loyalty/ incursion crystals he might be in it
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 705 ★★★★
    Wait what’s going on with kingpin???
    Josh2507 said:

His degen from sp1 gives 65 aar reduction. Before it could stack. Apparently it shouldn't. There is nothing in his kit to indicate this
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Member Posts: 566 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

We want 7* Kingpin for compensation

Maybe thats the plan there was kind of a leak of a 7* KP in promo art in app store some months back
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,346 Guardian

Josh2507 said:

His degen from sp1 gives 65 aar reduction. Before it could stack. Apparently it shouldn't. There is nothing in his kit to indicate this
    His kit does indicate that it should stack because it says "while degen is active". It doesn't say "this degen causes this".

Rather than change the string, the devs thought it warranted a change. We also see taskmaster getting changed where when he goes debuff immune, he has only been removing 1 debuff. Some things just go unnoticed for a long time. It isn't like they've known about it for years and just now decided to change it.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    His change is frustrating but J can't remember when I last used his sp1 twice in a row, maybe a year before. He is still a monster.

As pt said, compensate us by releasing him as 7*
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    Y’all are crazy with hitting only during this, and throwing special only during that.
    Can’t keep up.

But seriously, does it change a lot?
    Was first R5 ascended.

But it’s not like I know how to play him.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Y’all are crazy with hitting only during this, and throwing special only during that.
    Can’t keep up.

But seriously, does it change a lot?
    Was first R5 ascended.

But it’s not like I know how to play him.

Well if it doesn't stack, which is what Kabam change to - Then Kingpin can only reduce AAR by 65%, which is more than a 50/50 chance but less than 2 out of 3 time.

But when it was stacking before, 2 SP1 would of reduce 130% which is essentially guaranteed.

So based on the number is look like a big different. There are fight where I only throw SP1s for this reason, I usually only able to get 2 up at one time, but 130% is a big different between essential guarantee and just over a 50/50 chance.
    Yeah. I understand that math and everything you said.

Definitely not downplaying the issue.
    So you can’t stack sp1 anymore?

I’m out of my element here Danny.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 293 ★★
    Ha. I guess I’ve always been using him wrong then. I always build to his Sp2.
    smdam38 said:

Hi @smdam38 ,

Yep, that new "fix" mean that you can throw multiple SP1 but Kingpin can only reduce max of 65% AAR, which really does matter.

Also apologies if my post came out as some kind of aggression, really didn't mean it to be if it does, just try to explain clearly that is all
    You absolutely did not at all come across as aggressive. And no need for apologies or sorries.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
    You man are supposed to sp3 spam you know 💀
    Fryday said:

smdam38 said:

Hi @smdam38 ,

Yep, that new "fix" mean that you can throw multiple SP1 but Kingpin can only reduce max of 65% AAR, which really does matter.

Also apologies if my post came out as some kind of aggression, really didn't mean it to be if it does, just try to explain clearly that is all
    You have really never seen The Big Lebowski?
    smdam38 said:

Fryday said:

smdam38 said:

Hi @smdam38 ,

You have really never seen The Big Lebowski?
    I haven't hear of it, so there is a chance I have seen it, but then again I also rubbish at remembering name 🤣. So might have seen it and forgot what it called.

I didn't remind hearing that line those, just don't remember what is from.

I remember this one time, I was chatting to a friend and the line.

"I got one"
    "Don't get cocky kid"

And it took me like half a day to remember where it from.

Also about the previous post, I know everyone can get really passionate about these thing, and sometime I scare I forget, get carry away and be aggressive with my opinion. So thought to apologise just in case I offended anyone.

Have a good day buddy. 😊
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★

Ha. I guess I’ve always been using him wrong then. I always build to his Sp2.

No, that’s the correct way to play him most of the time. But for matchups where you need to shutdown evade, or turn off an annoying defensive node, you always wanna sp1 spam so you can guranteed reduce that AA.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 293 ★★
    Ok great. Thanks @Cloudddey_bro 😅