Negasonic might have a chance after all

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
edited September 19 in General Discussion
So we just got the latest update on the next Rebalance and turns out that Spunk will be getting a tune up for damage in shorter fights.

This is a good step on the right direction given the chaos the Serpent rebalance created on forums and elsewhere.

We might actually get to see Negasonic have get some small tweaks to make her a practical option in BGs as several other champs that are not necessarily counters to the skill defenders do her matchups much faster

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    It’s possible. Negasonic is tuned to be a 3.5/5 attack champ, a target that she doesn’t hit imo but still, idk if they’d tweak her. Punk was supposed to be a 4.5/5 which he definitely wasn’t hitting
  • TheholyplungerTheholyplunger Member Posts: 80
    For a champ that seems to have been built to counter bullseye directly there are better options than her. She's too slow allowing bullseye to get block damage on her from his specials. She honestly needs some kind of bleed immunity/reduction, crit protection or something. Not going to pretend I'm the best bullseye fighter but I've taken her out of my deck bc there's just better options
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,090 ★★★★★

For a champ that seems to have been built to counter bullseye directly there are better options than her. She's too slow allowing bullseye to get block damage on her from his specials. She honestly needs some kind of bleed immunity/reduction, crit protection or something. Not going to pretend I'm the best bullseye fighter but I've taken her out of my deck bc there's just better options

Negasonic does turn off bleed from skill champs

• TheholyplungerTheholyplunger Member Posts: 80
    Interesting, TIL. Maybe I need to get back and use her more. I felt like I was seeing the bleed burst damage through her block. Evidently I was wrong
  • BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Member Posts: 86 ★★
    I hope so. She is just too slow in BG’s. And if Punk is getting buffed to fix his short fights I sure hope she does too.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,351 Guardian

What you need is to be able to reliably dex his whole sp2 and you're fine with her. Having a high sig NTW is also nice since she will be counter evading bullseye a lot, gaining a lot of incinerates quickly.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★

Interesting, TIL. Maybe I need to get back and use her more. I felt like I was seeing the bleed burst damage through her block. Evidently I was wrong

Her problem is she doesn't turn off crit so Bullseye will still chip her down if you let him hit in your block such as with his sp1. Also the sp2 will stun you so need to fully evade it.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

It’s possible. Negasonic is tuned to be a 3.5/5 attack champ, a target that she doesn’t hit imo but still, idk if they’d tweak her. Punk was supposed to be a 4.5/5 which he definitely wasn’t hitting

It’s graded on a 2024 attacker curve