Absorbing Man or Doctor Doom?

AprobliAprobli Member Posts: 13
Who do y'all think is the better mystic? I am curious

Absorbing Man or Doctor Doom? 66 votes

Doctor Doom
63%
buffajrThatGuyYouSaw235HendrosstntslNewman0067Grootman1294ButtehrsLordSmasherCosmicSpider5captain_rogersSarvanga1_BeastDadChikelJoker1976Anakin0505Xguard77FatTh0rGr8TonyStarkRiptideBuggyDClown 42 votes
Absorbing Man
36%
bhuv9191AleorMCOCHazzaGiantwalrus56BlackTuranNONYABIZZOakenshieldUltragamerPriyabrataDiablord13579rebel_Avnishhyp3r05Raiden01Domini0nZacharias10719SagaChampionDarkNightRiseNemesis_17cloudzzz 24 votes

Comments

• DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 330 ★★★
    Absorbing Man
    Absorbing man is way more versatile. Doom is only good on story content now
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 939 ★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Doom is the better champ basically everywhere. Abs fell off hard and is only used for immunities nowadays.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Doom remains undefeated as the God of Mystics
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 563 ★★★
    Absorbing Man
    Chikel said:

Doom remains undefeated as the God of Mystics

Not even close to true
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 842 ★★★
    Absorbing Man
    Absorbing man is way better, more utility, WAY MORE immunity
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 842 ★★★
    Absorbing Man

Doom is the better champ basically everywhere. Abs fell off hard and is only used for immunities nowadays.

An uneducated response.
  • Hulk808Hulk808 Member Posts: 70
    Doctor Doom
    The mystic goat
  • Newman0067Newman0067 Member Posts: 118
    Doctor Doom
    I can't tell if it's alot of bias due to Doom being older, but I don't know how 35% of people can look at Abs and genuinely think he's better than Doom. That level of server power control is so broken that if you don't understand that, that's a nerf on your skill
  • cloudzzzcloudzzz Member Posts: 23
    Absorbing Man
    It’s a close one but Abs takes it.
    Absorbing Man

I can't tell if it's alot of bias due to Doom being older, but I don't know how 35% of people can look at Abs and genuinely think he's better than Doom. That level of server power control is so broken that if you don't understand that, that's a nerf on your skill

Power control or almost full dot counter wonder which is better? Don’t forget doom is useless in bgs and ABs is one of the best options for the hardest in aw
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,134 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    It's close, that's why both are currently fighting for the Mystic Throne.
    edited 1:09AM
    Doctor Doom

You could say the same about Doom, which is not completely true
    Absorbing Man
    EdisonLaw said:

Doom doesn’t even compete for it neither of these do Shala has the throne
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    Absorbing Man
    Abs just covers more ground. Doom is great where he works but abs can do more. In something like bgs doom will be too slow but abs will be fast enough when he can take advantage of md or armor breaks. He also hard counters a few cosmic defenders whereas doom does not.

Doom has much better fight control, but he’ll get stopped by any dot and some power manipulation, abs will be just fine. Doom struggles against shock immunes, abs does not. Abs is also practically immortal in questing if max sig since as your health gets lower the regen gets more potent, plus his resistances make him take next to no damage from getting hit.

Both are great, and it’s a close battle, but I give abs man the victory.
    Doctor Doom

Abs just covers more ground. Doom is great where he works but abs can do more. In something like bgs doom will be too slow but abs will be fast enough when he can take advantage of md or armor breaks. He also hard counters a few cosmic defenders whereas doom does not.

Doom has much better fight control, but he’ll get stopped by any dot and some power manipulation, abs will be just fine. Doom struggles against shock immunes, abs does not. Abs is also practically immortal in questing if max sig since as your health gets lower the regen gets more potent, plus his resistances make him take next to no damage from getting hit.

Does Abs still do well punching up against 7* rank 3s? Also I don't see him used on defense nowadays especially with the amount of science champs that counter him.
    Absorbing Man
    EdisonLaw said:

Does Abs still do well punching up against 7* rank 3s? Also I don't see him used on defense nowadays especially with the amount of science champs that counter him.
    Doom less used on defense than abs lol keep yapping about an outdated mystic named doom
    edited 1:27AM
    Absorbing Man
    EdisonLaw said:

Yes and no. If he cannot benefit from the matchup in any way then he will be too slow. But if he can take advantage of md or armor breaks he will still work.

He’ll obliterate r3 Terrax and knull, he’ll do pretty well for an r3 duped sersi if played right, he should do just fine against r3 gorr as well. Past them, he’s likely too slow.

As a defender abs is old news. Doom is still around slightly but he’s really not much of a defender anymore. Almost all of the big science names will nuke him, and some like silk won’t even ask you to dex his specials which is his only real tricky mechanic. I’d give doom the victory on defense but both are outdated as defenders.
    Absorbing Man

EdisonLaw said:

If everyone is at the same star level I give it to abs, if we compare champs who are 7* to the ones that are 6* locked I give it to Chavez.
    Absorbing Man

EdisonLaw said:

If everyone is at the same star level I give it to abs, if we compare champs who are 7* to the ones that are 6* locked I give it to Chavez.
    Shala 6* more used than abs
    Absorbing Man

EdisonLaw said:

In bgs probably, anywhere else I doubt it. I’d say she has more metal relevance rn but abs as a champ has more overall value imo.
    Doctor Doom

EdisonLaw said:

Yes and no. If he cannot benefit from the matchup in any way then he will be too slow. But if he can take advantage of md or armor breaks he will still work.

He’ll obliterate r3 Terrax and knull, he’ll do pretty well for an r3 duped sersi if played right, he should do just fine against r3 gorr as well. Past them, he’s likely too slow.

As a defender abs is old news. Doom is still around slightly but he’s really not much of a defender anymore. Almost all of the big science names will nuke him, and some like silk won’t even ask you to dex his specials which is his only real tricky mechanic. I’d give doom the victory on defense but both are outdated as defenders.
    If they make him a 7* he'll definitely make a comeback as a mainstay attacker. So would Doom but I think Doom would be a bit too strong.
    Absorbing Man

EdisonLaw said:

In bgs probably, anywhere else I doubt it. I’d say she has more metal relevance rn but abs as a champ has more overall value imo.
    Her damage isn’t meta reliant and she’s got some insane utility and she’s useful in all content even Everest content

Absorbing Man
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

If they make him a 7* he'll definitely make a comeback as a mainstay attacker. So would Doom but I think Doom would be a bit too strong.
    Abs would fall back into the meta imo once sigs are readily available, idk that he’s worth using unduped or low sig. Doom is less likely to be a 7* due to his powe control. He’s kinda like magik where he shuts down the fight so well that he takes control almost too much, and I don’t think Kabam will want to design content around doom, they’ll just leave him as a 6*.
    edited 1:45AM
    Absorbing Man

EdisonLaw said:

Her damage isn’t meta reliant and she’s got some insane utility and she’s useful in all content even Everest content

Idk I’ve never seen Kushala used in necropolis by anyone, abs i brought in one or two of my necro paths for knull and used him in a couple others places

Also her damage kinda is meta reliant since she’s not really usable in gc rn and won’t be that great for crit me either.