Why can Venompool Sp1 Remove Red Skull's Armor but Venom can't?

kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 501 ★★★
They're sp1s are both classified as Om Nom as the red text but why can't Venom's sp1 remove red skulls armor but Venompool can? Is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    No venom nullifies the buff while venompool just removes the buff. Rskull is nullify immune
  • Wolfman80Wolfman80 Member Posts: 32
    Venom's is defined as a nullify in game (it literally states this in the Sp1 description), to which Red Skull is immune. For some reason, Venompool's is not defined as a nullify, and so does work. Even though both show up as an Om Nom in the in fight text, the game treats them differently. There's no real logic behind it other than game balance or inconsistent coding. Just one of those things that just is.
  • kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 501 ★★★
    But the red text says om nom on both venom and venompool. They should change venom's text then if it doesn't work similarly to om nom
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★

kenadroid said:

But the red text says om nom on both venom and venompool. They should change venom's text then if it doesn't work similarly to om nom

No there is no on nom on venom as you can see on my screenshot sp1, and you can test it by yourself

Even the description on the sp1 never mention on nom

Only sp1 venompool had mention on nom

Just curious as to why there are 2 disagrees on this post when OP is stating the facts with proof. What is there to disagree. The disagree police must be out today.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,298 ★★★★

kenadroid said:

No there is no on nom on venom as you can see on my screenshot sp1, and you can test it by yourself

Even though it doesn't say om nom there, when you nullify the buff it says om nom
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    So it only says om nom if the buff can be nullify but Red Skull is nullify immune so it makes sense that Venom can't remove Red Skulls armour. Problme solved.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    Aside for armor break and nullify/fateseal, I don't think they had any other way to remove buffs when they made venom. When they reworked venompool, they probably had different tools built into the code to make it so they could remove the buff without it counting as a nullify. Remember that armor break technically counts as a nullify in some contexts as well.

kenadroid said:

I tried venom on silver surfer's power cosmic, it says om nom

So it only says om nom if the buff can be nullify but Red Skull is nullify immune so it makes sense that Venom can't remove Red Skulls armour. Problme solved.

My point is, don't show om nom on venom if it doesn't work the same as venompool

For the doubters out there.
    I used deathless king groot released in 2024 to make sure it is relevant.
    kenadroid said:

My point is, don't show om nom on venom if it doesn't work the same as venompool
    Om nom is the name of effect, to display the symbiote nature of both champs.

Both onslaught and dani apply neuroshock passives, but only dani's neuroshocks prevent regen against skill champs, still they both have similar name.
    edited September 21

kenadroid said:

Both onslaught and dani apply neuroshock passives, but only dani's neuroshocks prevent regen against skill champs, still they both have similar name.
    Yeah but kabam could just call it nullify instead of om nom if it already has that behavior that exists instead of misleading
    kenadroid said:

kenadroid said:

Yeah but kabam could just call it nullify instead of om nom if it already has that behavior that exists instead of misleading
    If they have to change, they have to change it for VP cuz venom got the name first.

kenadroid said:

kenadroid said:

If they have to change, they have to change it for VP cuz venom got the name first.
    Vp will be "the better om nom" 😁
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 486 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Steam97 said:

The reason is kabam decided to do it this way, we don't why they did this, probably to make venompool a better option than venom for certain matchups

Venom was buffed in 2018 while Venompool was buffed in 2021. In those 3 years, the game went through a lot of change in design and development of many things in the game. Because of that, they developed a way for venompool to nullify that would bypass nullify immunity.

The way to think about it is the nullify immunity is like a wall around a city. The wall prevents all nullifies from getting into the city. Then om Nom is basically a Trojan horse. It isn't a nullify and can get into the city. Once inside, the wall can't protect them, and then it can nullify. So basically, it is just a fancy nullify designed to ignore nullify immunes.

Venompool is also unique where he om noms 1 of each buff off of the opponent instead of just a single buff like Venom.
    I don't think calling it a "fancy nullify" is correct. Captain Marvel was in 2019 and she could also remove Armour Buffs. Remove is the technical name that the game uses for removing buffs or debuffs (or even passives in case of IMIW)without it being a nullify or purify.

Heck even She Hulk who was released in 2016 could remove Unstoppable buff from Thing who is nullify immune. It was never a question of whether they could ,but rather, if they wanted to
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 ★★★★★
    Venompool bug fix incoming in 5..4...3...
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 411 ★★★
    Why does it happen

Because it happens
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Venompool bug fix incoming in 5..4...3...

Then the community will demand compensation
  • Diegog2000Diegog2000 Member Posts: 16
    It's just game balance.

Venom heals from any buffs he steals, but doesn't work against nullify immunes.
    Venompool can bypass nullify immunity, but only heals from stealing armor up buffs.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Just here to say om nom because it’s fun to say.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★

No venom nullifies the buff while venompool just removes the buff. Rskull is nullify immune

So red skull doesn't have "removal" immunity but "nullify" immunity. They both sound the same though.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 486 ★★★
    Ashacekar said:

So red skull doesn't have "removal" immunity but "nullify" immunity. They both sound the same though.
    In effect the do the same thing. That doesn't mean they're same. Both bleed and rupture removes health. And in effect , the same thing. But immunity to one does not simply immunity to the other