STOP **** WITH THE A.I

Comments

• Mik81Mik81 Member Posts: 93 ★★
    End game most precious skill is patience. That will help you tolerate the 2min delays that the defender takes to use a SP.

Defender code should have a line saying something like, if over a bar of power, remove all power after 30 secs of not using a special attack.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 889 ★★★
    What baffles me is the inconsistency. I had some attempts where AI played exactly how I wanted it to: threw the sp1 in the root phase, was able to keep him out of the wall, etc. but then other attempts I couldn’t intercept cause he’d keep blocking. He wouldn’t throw his sp1, stick to his own wall. Very odd behavior
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,919 ★★★★★

What baffles me is the inconsistency. I had some attempts where AI played exactly how I wanted it to: threw the sp1 in the root phase, was able to keep him out of the wall, etc. but then other attempts I couldn’t intercept cause he’d keep blocking. He wouldn’t throw his sp1, stick to his own wall. Very odd behavior

I had only one of these attempts and that was my guilly solo every other time its been shocking
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 222
    Avnish said:

I did it somehow. Now days kabam is just launching every with bugs and having fun. Can't say anything when kabam stop doing like this.

How many revives and who’d you use?
    Finally done with kree or sin6 when i had the best ai for under 10% fun fight want more but god ai makes me question so many times on why i continue these but still finally done and id still give it a fun tick of a fight id repeat just need something for that ai check
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Member Posts: 593 ★★★
    This garbage AI is unbearable….
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 497 ★★★
    Lots of tries. Finally got around the AI. he was throwing specials as I wanted him to.

Got a solo with r1 g99 and r3 juggernaut. Juggernaut to be honest was pretty silly
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 735 ★★★
    I generally keep my opinions to myself, but kabam really, really dropped the ball by releasing this with the ultra mega hyper ai shortcomings. This is just a straight up middle finger to the community.
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Member Posts: 334 ★★★
    lI’m getting tired and bored of the silent changes being made to the AI and how the Kabam CM team either ignores or deliberately asserts the opposite. Whenever players raise concerns about the AI, the response is always the same: “investigating.” But it’s becoming increasingly clear that these so-called investigations are more about making the AI even more impossible to deal with, to the point where skill no longer matters and you’re guaranteed to get hit.

Shortened recovery times, the inability to punish heavy attacks and now, you can’t even hit the opponent’s block without being countered with a special. Worse, if they don’t have a special ready, they can perfectly time your inputs and punish you with a heavy instead.

If you guys want to make more money, release more content more often. But please stop treating your player base like they have Alzheimer’s and will forget what you’re doing to the game. We notice and it’s killing the fun. It’s up to you to take either constructive criticism seriously or downplay it in ways you think we won’t notice -hint we do.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,868 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Courtesy of @Cat_Murdock

THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME I USE YELLOWJACKET, antman relic should let wasp, spiderham, yellowjacket and antman access taunts
    Wait it doesn’t give YJ a taunt?
    Uh no? Edit last time I checked i was using a 3 or 4 star relic, no i use 5, maybe taunts is for higher star?
    Four star and above....

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah it’s so unbelievably garbage. They’ll never fix it though, just keep saying that it’s complex and leave it alone

I agree but it doesn't seem complex to me. Kabam makes it appear that way. The AI is oddly behaving in a manner that suits this particular defender so well, making them behave like it's intentionally designed. You fight a Toad in any content, this is not the toad AI behavior you'll get. True each content differs but in terms of difficulty. But none of us knows the codes behind the scene, but this one is intentionally hesitant at not just throwing his sp1 but when he doesn't have any prowess. Leave yourself open and he even dash back. However, whenever he has the require prowess to make him unblockable, he uses specials at ease. This is intentional and the fight design to me.
    I thought this was known - have they said otherwise? The AI in this game clearly adapts to the nodes on it. All end game content displays that. As the examples @DrZola listed more times than not the AI acts the way that gives it the most advantages.

I can promise you the investigations are absolutely not "lets make it harder." You may not believe me, but the reality is a lot more boring, simply that game design and software design is a long and complicated process made significantly more so by being a live product. It has been hard to nail down certain issues and other ones turn into larger conversations about design, balance, intent, etc etc that take a while and get mixed in in between and delayed by other work to keep designing new Champions, events, and experiences. I 100% hear your frustration, share some of it and have heard it and more from other members of the community and game team, so I'm happy to take this feedback and pass it along to the rest of the team and see if there's ways to make things feel better, but with anything subjective that's a tricky target to hit cause what feels right for one person might not for another. What is less tricky is acknowledging that 100% the ai has been a persistent issue lately, I believe for that very reason that how it feels is very subjective. That said folks continue to be frustrated by the performance of the ai so we are absolutely keeping the conversation going and will continue to pass along feedback. But, again, there's nothing malicious afoot, I can promise that.

No bad intent on my end thank u for giving us a reply on this
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 954 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Malicious isn’t the word I would use. But I find it hard to believe there isn’t at least some level of intentionality.

I’m fine having to roll the dice over and over to get a reasonably compliant AI—that is part of the current state of the game AI. It consumes more of what is perhaps my most precious resource (time), and it can become aggravating, but a certain level of aggravation is intrinsic to this type of content.

Subjectively, though, I can say that having to bait a single special out for nearly a minute against a 1.2M health pool opponent might tip the scale toward “aggravation overload” for a significant number of players who likely consider themselves the target audience for this kind of fight.

Dr. Zola

If I understood you correctly, this is where I find myself with a fight design like this. Having to bait a single special for nearly two minutes, sometimes more, is really frustrating and doesn’t in anyway constitute challenging players. Personally, I find it more of an insult how our time is viewed. I’m a family man, working man, and I also do charity work helping families in a disadvantage position and I play mcoc. Yes, we have 2 weeks to complete this challenge but we have other things in the game we tackle as well, some of which have daily and weekly objectives. My point is: we don’t have to spend over a minute baiting a single special attack. I have video ready to post on YT, 2 minutes, Toad won’t throw his special attack.

This is not the first SOP challenge. The previous ones weren’t this contentious. Clearly, Kabam is on the inside and may have some knowledge as to what may cause the AI to behave a certain way or not. I don’t know anything but maybe a certain node combo can result in a certain behavior. If that’s the case, choose another route.

But more importantly, aren’t these fight tested enough to know that this AI is behaving abnormally and thus warrant some adjustments? If the intent is not malicious, I’m not saying the intent is, but if it’s not, then noticing this through testing might warrant some updates or changes out of consideration to the playerbase.