Initial thoughts about Battlegrounds Blitz

13»

Comments

• Stupid91Stupid91 Member Posts: 23

As one of the targets of campers, it's the time-suck that makes me not want to play BG. I don't care if I'm playing a much larger account and I lose. It's part of the game, and sometimes, by luck of the draw, I can actually win.

But jeez... watching the countdown get to 0 each round of drafting champs, then choosing attackers/defenders, then the 2 minute 10 second countdown for each match. Because you're wasting my time, sometimes I'm bailing and forfeiting so you'll win the match.

This is one of the things that discourages me from playing battlegrounds. There are some campers who just beat my new paragon account with just 3 7 stars, and seeing myself face an account with ascended 6r5's and multiple 7r3 actually ban my best bg champs sucks

However I will push through this realm event and keep playing bg's because there is no relative loss to playing the game mode. I get rewards regardless of winning or losing.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 817 ★★★

No, BringPopcorn has a point.
    Many if not thousands folks will bench in low brackets in VT, waiting to see those milestones achieved
    by others and only then they will calculate how much elder marks to use to hit the exact achieved milestone.

Some will burn 5k-10k points without even maybe reaching that titan....
    I think and I also agree that the whole event is NOT built smart.

It’s half baked as a concept, if we’re gonna have a realm event then I think more effort should be put in by the company to drive engagement.

Something to add could be a summoner leaderboard showing who opened more crystals/won more fights and how many they’re at.

And perhaps an extra bonus for being one of first summoners to hit the top personal score needed to hit all milestones.

I find it’s quite overwhelming when you’re staring at a ten digit number and watching the score move slow af.
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 447 ★★★

Farmed points, free points, forfeited points it all adds up here because it is a Realm event.

It doesn't if it leads to fewer matches being played overall.

You keep going on about win-loss ratio. Win-loss ratio is 50% for all matches, you can't change that.

When you talk about making most of EMs, losing with energy and winning with EMs, you are maximising individual points per match. All of this is on the lines of how can I get more points per match. But total points per match is fixed, there is no more points per match. If you get more points per match, someone else has to get less points per match.

Total realm points per match is fixed. I don't know why this concept is hard for you to understand.

Only way farming will help the realm event is if farming leads to more matches being played. But the only real reason to farm is to play as few matches as possible to achieve a certain point threshold. Nobody farms infinitely.

Please explain why you think players with the goal of playing as few matches as possible contribute positively to an event which only benefits from the number of matches being played?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,589 ★★★★★
    edited October 3
    Stature said:

Farmed points, free points, forfeited points it all adds up here because it is a Realm event.

It doesn't if it leads to fewer matches being played overall.

You keep going on about win-loss ratio. Win-loss ratio is 50% for all matches, you can't change that.

When you talk about making most of EMs, losing with energy and winning with EMs, you are maximising individual points per match. All of this is on the lines of how can I get more points per match. But total points per match is fixed, there is no more points per match. If you get more points per match, someone else has to get less points per match.

Total realm points per match is fixed. I don't know why this concept is hard for you to understand.

Only way farming will help the realm event is if farming leads to more matches being played. But the only real reason to farm is to play as few matches as possible to achieve a certain point threshold. Nobody farms infinitely.

Please explain why you think players with the goal of playing as few matches as possible contribute positively to an event which only benefits from the number of matches being played?
    There is no individual points its points for the realm. Also are you saying all this based on the assumption that people will quit at 5k? You really believe we will have 300k players scoring and avg of 5k points?
    The total realm points is fixed if you put a limit on matches played. If a player lets another score a match with no chance of winning, its a plus. Why? Because the other player will win his quota anyway.
    The ratio can be changed if you give them the win.
    Do you really want to advocate for the little guy? Do you really want to prove me wrong?
    Ask Kabam why thet cut the value of EM for low progression levels that never in 21 seasons got even close to GC. Ask them why their elder marks cost exactly the same to buy and just because they can't reach GC they only score a fraction of the points. Ask them why on earth with a horrible win/loss ratio that keeps them down in the ladder they also have to deal with contributing less points and having to play more matches to even scratch a milestone.
    5K points is not a stopping point, not sure where the "playing less matches" comes from.