Which upcoming champion buff are you more excited for?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★
Medusa or Purgatory? For me, it's Purgatory, her animations are great, she has a cool backstory, etc. Though Medusa is a classic of course

Which upcoming champion buff are you more excited for? 48 votes

Purgatory (and why)
56%
Ragnarok13TerraMagrailothosThatGuyYouSaw235MasterduxRockypantherxZuroRebarkItsClobberinTimeSquidopusThanos101010willrun4adonut13579rebel_Vijay_33007BishopAnsh_AKLZPotatoslice500EdisonLawCtfz30 27 votes
Medusa (and why)
43%
bhuv9191JyotishkaLogan00djr17svilariumcaptain_rogersHassamaMamaJaymix79Spider_RicoJoker1976SpecMBigBlueOxTsuyoshi_Senpaiqm44_puy000_SilentArisHatsumomoNemesis_17ImBeastModeMethodMan69 21 votes

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 689 ★★★
    Medusa (and why)
    Medusa because i like her fight style more, and just like the champion more overall.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★
    edited 1:52AM
    Purgatory (and why)

Purgatory is a much worse champion than Medusa currently

True, all Medusa really needed was a small tune up to her numbers or be released as a 7* for the higher base stats. But the buff will make her better than ever
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    Purgatory (and why)
    Purgatory’s kit is just more interesting and unique than Medusa’s, and I’m always partial to those things. The class soul abilities, non-special power consumption, and her cool bleed immunity synergy for dimensional beings is just much more eye-catching than Medusa’s comparatively generic bleed and armor breaks.
    Purgatory (and why)
    Squidopus said:

Purgatory’s kit is just more interesting and unique than Medusa’s, and I’m always partial to those things. The class soul abilities, non-special power consumption, and her cool bleed immunity synergy for dimensional beings is just much more eye-catching than Medusa’s comparatively generic bleed and armor breaks.

Not to mention she does have some cool utility such as a passive Slow, block regen like Sorcerer Supreme, etc. But the problem is currently pre buff, she can't access those that easily.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,849 ★★★★★
    Purgatory (and why)
    Serpent counter
    Purgatory (and why)
    Zuro said:

Serpent counter

Possible, but isn’t her neutralize only 100%?
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 828 ★★★
    Purgatory (and why)
    Purg because I still haven’t done the Carinas challenge with the Guillotine team yet, and she would be useful for that.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,081 ★★★★
    Purgatory (and why)
    So I can use her for guillotine challenge
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    Purgatory (and why)
    EdisonLaw said:

Zuro said:

Serpent counter

Tigers gets by as one of the best Serpent counters in bgs off of the same 100% neutralize. Wiccan did similar in bg metas that gave him extra ramp like that extend one a few months ago. It’s not guaranteed to bypass death immunity but it’s good enough odds given the circumstances. Purgatory could slot in as a Serpent “answer” just like them as long as her damage is good (having big damage off a degen debuff that Serpent can’t reduce will help a lot) and she can build her neutralize fast enough without sacrificing that damage.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,423 ★★★★★
    Purgatory (and why)
    I'm really excited about Medusa's but Purgatory's just looks so much better (yes Serpent I'm looking at you).
  • slackerslacker Member Posts: 775 ★★★★
    Squidopus said:

EdisonLaw said:

Zuro said:

Serpent counter

Tigers gets by as one of the best Serpent counters in bgs off of the same 100% neutralize. Wiccan did similar in bg metas that gave him extra ramp like that extend one a few months ago. It’s not guaranteed to bypass death immunity but it’s good enough odds given the circumstances. Purgatory could slot in as a Serpent “answer” just like them as long as her damage is good (having big damage off a degen debuff that Serpent can’t reduce will help a lot) and she can build her neutralize fast enough without sacrificing that damage.
    To add to your point, since Serpent is cosmic, she'll gain class soul ability that will nullify when filling a bar of power and if you have mutant class soul, she also power steal when Serpent active special, also regen through block with Mystic soul. All of those will make her a decent counter to Serpent.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Medusa (and why)
    And why?🤷‍♂️
  • BEA5T_FURYBEA5T_FURY Member Posts: 64
    Purgatory (and why)
    Purgatory as Medusa was always good for what she was intended for but purgatory Just lacked compared to other mystics who did their job wayy better finally looks like she will have her own place now
    edited 6:12AM
    Purgatory (and why)
    slacker said:

Squidopus said:

EdisonLaw said:

Zuro said:

Serpent counter

To add to your point, since Serpent is cosmic, she'll gain class soul ability that will nullify when filling a bar of power and if you have mutant class soul, she also power steal when Serpent active special, also regen through block with Mystic soul. All of those will make her a decent counter to Serpent.
    Sure in questing or war if you run into a Serpent, but in BGs where there is only one fight, she can only access cosmic soul though, I think
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 591 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

slacker said:

Squidopus said:

EdisonLaw said:

Zuro said:

Serpent counter

Sure in questing or war if you run into a Serpent, but in BGs where there is only one fight, she can only access cosmic soul though, I think
    I wonder if she’ll randomly generate some at the start of the fight like sinister.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,884 ★★★★★
    Purgatory (and why)
    She's going to finally have meaningful utility - permanent 100% passive Neutralise after a medium ramp is going to be very useful in lots of situations.

Her animations have always been gorgeous, I just held back ranking her up because I wouldn't get enough out of her. Now I can see her as a viable champion in a lot of situations; and whilst she'll still leave Serpent a 25% chance for Death Immunity, she'll be able to shut down his Power Gain and True Focus; and he's got no resistance to her Degeneration.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,676 ★★★★★
    What if I'm more interested in cyclops upcoming buff?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,324 ★★★★★
    Medusa (and why)
    Squidopus said:

EdisonLaw said:

Zuro said:

Serpent counter

Wiccan can still take serpent pretty reliably. I had a 68 sec takedown r2 wiccan vs r5a Serpent this VT meta. He is very safe and even if he takes some time he can take at 90% health.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,324 ★★★★★
    Medusa (and why)
    Medusa is my favourite champ, my first 5* r5 and I used her in almost everywhere. I'm so crazy bout her I just took her against act 6 gm because I want to do the final phase only with her. Nice to see her getting back to meta