Summoners, due to a technical issue, this week's series of Alliance Quests will be cancelled at 4pm PT. There will not be any Rewards for this series. The next series of Alliance Quests will start on April 18 at 12pm PT. We will be assessing the impact on Alliances and compensating accordingly, as well as returning Alliance Tickets.

Ice Phoenix's Coldsnap & Voodoo's Ability To Increase Energy Resist While Blocking

I would like to report a suspected bug. Voodoo has an ability to increase energy resistance while blocking. I am noticing that the Coldsnap (energy) damage taken while fighting Ice Phoenix in the uncollected event is unchanged whether or not I am blocking. Can someone tell me why Voodoo would not be able to reduce this damage?

Comments

• MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I was about to make a post related to this very issue, He's supposed to gain 2000 energy resistance (4* 5/50) yet the damage goes as if you aren't blocking...
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 654 ★★★
    The damage u take from cold snap is from an offensive passive ability. I think the 2000 bonus from voodoo is for actual attacks u can block, not passives.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    So for DV, you actually have have to be blocking before getting coldsnap to reduce the damage (which you can't). He also can't reduce limbo damage unless Magik procs limbo from a buff expiring (due to powergain from MD) while DV is blocking. His energy resistance is mostly an useless ability other than for blocking energy based basic/special attacks
    Mordo, on the other hand, should be able to reduce coldsnap damage by a lot while blocking
  • mydnight wrote: »
    The damage u take from cold snap is from an offensive passive ability. I think the 2000 bonus from voodoo is for actual attacks u can block, not passives.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    So for DV, you actually have have to be blocking before getting coldsnap to reduce the damage (which you can't). He also can't reduce limbo damage unless Magik procs limbo from a buff expiring (due to powergain from MD) while DV is blocking. His energy resistance is mostly an useless ability other than for blocking energy based basic/special attacks
    Mordo, on the other hand, should be able to reduce coldsnap damage by a lot while blocking

Blocking with Voodoo always worked on Iceman before. Unlike Magik’s Limbo (which is a buff on Magik), Coldsnap puts a debuff on you. It is just not working now. I only have one more Ice Phoenix to fight, so I guess it is moot. You won MCOC.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    MCOC always wins, even when they lose
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    bigmull1 wrote: »
    mydnight wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Blocking with Voodoo always worked on Iceman before. Unlike Magik’s Limbo (which is a buff on Magik), Coldsnap puts a debuff on you. It is just not working now. I only have one more Ice Phoenix to fight, so I guess it is moot. You won MCOC.

From what I remember, DV never reduced coldsnap damage. Where did you notice reduced damage?

Also, limbo is not a buff. It is a passive ability. The timer you see under Magik's health bar is just that—a simple timer. It only indicates if limbo is active or not.