**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Losing control of champs [Under Investigation]

Comments

• the6ththe6th Member Posts: 153
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    In any case, if you hold block for too long, the opponent will just do a heavy attack which breaks your block. Are you sure this isn't what is happening?

Not because you don't experience those bugs doesnt mean they don't exist and that's the reason we're here
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Member Posts: 829 ★★
    It's never happened to me, and I've never seen it happen on the hundred of live stream hours available on YouTube.

😂 don’t say in the forum, you may never know .... you start having issues .... someone is watching 😂😂. Don’t say it loud..... we had enough issues so we can say freely in this forum
  • LewkkLewkk Member Posts: 36
    In any case, if you hold block for too long, the opponent will just do a heavy attack which breaks your block. Are you sure this isn't what is happening?

Do you seriously think so many would be that incapable? At first I thought I was becoming too relaxed in playing and was just missing swipes to evade or something but now it's been happening for so long and so many others have experienced it, it's definitely bugs and infuriating ones at that. The amount of times i've died in AW and AQ even though i'm well aware that this is happening is unbelievable and i'm seriously losing my patience. There's either a lag right before an enemy heavy/special lands which causes the game to miss my input to evade and I get nailed or I swipe back and instead of dashing backwards the character just briefly blocks instead but releases it and then stands there waiting to get pummelled, it's also happened a lot the other way round, where I go for a dash attack after baiting or for an intercept but instead I just do a light attack on the spot. It seems to me that the game isn't registering a swipe action sometimes, only that the screen has been touched so instead of performing your swipe action it does the tap action i.e. a brief block instead of dash back or a light attack instead of a dash attack
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Member Posts: 520 ★★★
    Still no input on this? Its been 3 months man. I'm using a samsung s6 if that helps out any.
  • CCarteR717CCarteR717 Member Posts: 10
    I'm having the same issue since the emergency maintenance.

The problem here is not so much on game not recognizing/detecting our thumb.
    What I noticed was that the game suffers from roughly half a second screen freeze. So what happens is often time when we're tapping or holding down against the screen, if the game freezes the moment u tap or hold, it fails to register the tap/hold, and after half a second, the game carries on leaving ur champ standing still waiting for your direction.

So if you're timing for a parry, and the game freezes the same time your thumb touches the screen, your champ will just stand there waiting to receive hits.

This applies to all other actions - combos, tap to activate specials, blocks, evasions, etc.

It's the half a second pause/freeze that screws us all over. It's not that the game doesn't recognize our thumb's contact against the screen; it's the pause/freeze that stops the system from receiving any feedback during that timeframe.
    Up
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Member Posts: 646 ★★
    Lewkk wrote: »

Do you seriously think so many would be that incapable? At first I thought I was becoming too relaxed in playing and was just missing swipes to evade or something but now it's been happening for so long and so many others have experienced it, it's definitely bugs and infuriating ones at that. The amount of times i've died in AW and AQ even though i'm well aware that this is happening is unbelievable and i'm seriously losing my patience. There's either a lag right before an enemy heavy/special lands which causes the game to miss my input to evade and I get nailed or I swipe back and instead of dashing backwards the character just briefly blocks instead but releases it and then stands there waiting to get pummelled, it's also happened a lot the other way round, where I go for a dash attack after baiting or for an intercept but instead I just do a light attack on the spot. It seems to me that the game isn't registering a swipe action sometimes, only that the screen has been touched so instead of performing your swipe action it does the tap action i.e. a brief block instead of dash back or a light attack instead of a dash attack

100% agree. 100%.

About your last comment, I can confirm it.
    In fact, sometimes is worse because the block/dash (tap/swipe in the left) is registered as a hit (tap in the right).

Read this thread I'm reporting this bug.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/32640/swipes-and-taps-in-the-left-are-not-taps-in-the-right

TheBlet wrote: »
    At the start of almost every fight my champion locks up and refuses to block, strike, evade, etc.

Nothing works st the beginning of the fight.

True story. There is almost always a lag at the beginning of the fight.

Did you guys ever notice the issues happen more when youre fighting an opponent which is 2 or 3 times plus your characters PI? It seems to be compounded in that scenario for me. This leads me to believe its a game mechanic problem.
    It's my life every AQs fight.
    I'm already resigned I should lose a bit of my health per fight just because I'll be combed/high punched starting almost every fight. I barely can finish the maps with some champs still living.
    Obviously I'm not a Boss/MiniBoss killer because one high punch / combo = dead.
  • Meaty_Treat76Meaty_Treat76 Member Posts: 27
    This is not an older device issue that is a cop out. Many people who’s devices range from old to new have reported this. I have iPhone 6+. Not brand new but not that old. I’ve read threads going back months complaining of this. Age old excuse of blaming the devices of the players. I give up it’s pointless trying. I quit. I fully support any of you trying to persue this but when we are listening to bottom of the barrel device excuses I feel it’s going to continue getting brushed under the carpet.
  • 187187 Member Posts: 51
    It's another Kabam cash cow. You see their revenues, they make money enough to hire the best developers and software engineers on earth. They could locate and fix every real bug within shortest time. Instead the nature of bugs and their appearances (nowadays they seem to pop up just from "time to time") shows very much that with the increasing success of the game the "bugs" have become more sophisticated. I bet these "bugs" are decided, developed and carried out on highest level of Kabam software engineering before their official release.
    The subsequent "investigation" process as a whole, once the community protests too much, is just laughable at its best.

P.S.: don't forget to include your device information with the next complaint FML
  • AfflictionAffliction Member Posts: 382 ★★
    My VERY FIRST COMMENT, which is the very first comment on this post lol, clearly even stated that I'm on a BRAND NEW GALAXY S8+! Friggin hilarious.
  • FreakydFreakyd Member Posts: 206
    In AQ right now SW against cosmic sym! Desperately trying to drag her through every move. Barely responding aggghhhh! So frustrating
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Still having issues and it seems like they aren't going to fix this anytime soon which sucks.
  • LurkerLurker Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2017
    at some point Kabam will have to admit the issue is the "anti-cheat" background tasks in their software. It is constant contact with the servers for various reasons, storing fight recovery info, etc. It causes micro lags during fights. They won't fix it because it would allow cheating. The best they are willing to do is mitigate the delay but the more they buff their AI's abilities to exploit delays in our reactions, the more the micro delays allow the AI to "cheat".
  • GertistheguruGertistheguru Member Posts: 24
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. This sounds like an really unfortunate issue, and I want to get as much information from all of you as possible. Can any of you who have experience this please let me know the following?

Device and OS
    A specific fight where you've seen this
    - Champ you used
    - Enemy Champ
    - Game mode

Beyond that, any videos anyone could provide would be hugely beneficial.

Thanks so much for your patience on this one, guys.

Another glitch i have come up on is when i crash the game on porpuse and then it is recovered so i start from the begining without losing half of my health.what happens is my champ will fight on his own as if auto play is on although it isnt.at that point i have to turn on autoplay and turn it off again and it stops.it has happened to me twice
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Member Posts: 186
    ima bump this i havent experienced it but god i can see why its frustrating and waiting 4 months a little fishy
  • Richdane1Richdane1 Member Posts: 16
    Maybe they all just want to be friends and not kill each other every five seconds. Ever think of that?
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Member Posts: 186
    Richdane1 wrote: »
    Maybe they all just want to be friends and not kill each other every five seconds. Ever think of that?

i laughed way to hard at that

• FreakydFreakyd Member Posts: 206
    Now you've "fixed" expert daily I'm getting it there now too. That just leaves event n story . I'm really fed up :(
    What's the point, all this great stuff in December n I'm stuffed.
  • MorosophMorosoph Member Posts: 100
    edited December 2017
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. I just wanted to touch base and let you all know that we are still looking into this. I will be messaging some of you to try and get more specific information about the circumstances of the fights where you have experienced this, so please keep an eye on your inbox. Thanks!

Thank-you, but please also look to mitigating the auto-rotate behaviour also mentioned in this thread and a few others. Although it is strictly device issue, it doesn't have to be as there are several engineering solutions to it, such as the ones that I list below. Those of us facing this behaviour cannot fix it by complaining to the manufacture, for their fix will be to release a new phone, and the existing one with the hardware fault will remain broken.

Three possible fixes are:
    1. Respect the global rotate preferences as set within the device's system menu.
    2. Place a checkbox in the game preferences fixing the existing screen rotation at the time of checking the box.
    3. Prevent screen rotation during the course of a fight unless the fight is paused.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Member Posts: 275 ★★
    edited December 2017
    So this is happening all the time... I’ll be holding down block and I’ll try to evade an attack but my champ will just sit there blocking still. This doesn’t happen every single time, but it happens much more then it doesn’t. It’s more frustrating when I’m holding block and they use a heavy attack, I swipe back to evade yet nothing happens. I’m not referring to the other issues arising when your champion is just standing there rather then dashing back when u swipe back.... I have no idea if these two issues are related in anyway but I can assure you that it’s extremly frustrating... these bugs cost me countless revives in LOL on my last run. I’m not here looking for compensation, I just want this issue to be looked at, addressed, and resolved as quickly as possible.

I’m currently using a brand new IPhone 8 Plus. I first noticed it over the last week or so ago when I just switched over to IPhone from Android. I don’t recall these issues occurring on my Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge+, but they are definitely occurring on my IPhone.
    Evade and block are sooo bs especially with Ai from 19k rating and up
  • GausmanGausman Member Posts: 9
    It's a **** when you're baiting to parry and the sucker just smack you in the face because blocking doesn't work .
  • NMEONESNMEONES Member Posts: 275 ★★
    I’m doing another run of LOL right now.... just used an extra 4-5 revives on Unstoppable Colossus because of this bug... it’s ridiculous.
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Member Posts: 287
    i have these problems all the time its annoying but i get over it cause i know they don't care (kabam)
    Keeps happening to me when I fight Taskmaster and Modok this event quest.
    This BS is still happening smh. Maybe because i don't have any single purchase in my unit store eversince i started playing
    Kabam developers idk what to suggest at this point. Blocking/Parry and Swiping Back were not broken pre 12.0. Maybe look there to see if there was a change to some coding while updating the game. Idk if you guys can revert the game back on a test server and find the issue but that might help.
This discussion has been closed.