**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tier One Alphas

This is getting beyond Ridiculous.

We need more places to get Alphas. the small decrease in price in glory store not nearly enough. The output per month needs to be increased somehow.

Alphas are holding me back from opening my 5* Crystals because I won't be able to rank them anyway.

Comments

• Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I would buy every t1a offer the put out. I have 5 t4b in the stash while I wait on t1a to rank champs.
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Adapt, this is the new normal. It certainly appears as though t1a is the new bottle neck, so you may end up in a situation where t4b and t4cc end up possibly expiring, so you need to plan accordingly and accept that it's going to slow you down. I have 20 t4b in stash and have resorted to ranking up 4* just to use them up while minimizing my alpha usage. (fyi, Greater Gifting Crystals have t1a in them, but need to pop a lot of them)
  • Options
    Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Buy two every AQ. Never enough. The rate of 5* is getting faster and faster as well. As every 4* I open is a dupe.

Last month 11K shards just in duped 4*'s.
  • Options
    EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★
    The issue I have with the glory offer is that you essentially have to choose t1a or t2a shards. As it is right now, you can only get 35 max t1a in a month. That’s from all monthly story quests, glory store, AND if your alliance hits the t1a milestone in EVERY 3-day event. Doing that though, you reduce your t2a shards by a lot two. It’s very frustrating.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Ive popped about 10 greater gifting crystals, only t4bc shards and 4/5 hero shards thus far
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    If they’d just make 5* rank up requirements what they SHOULD be (1-2 t1a per rank up) then this won’t be an issue! It’s so unnecessary to need 5-6 per rank! Cmon Kabam do something about this!
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I know this thread comes up every day, but there's a reason. The lack of T1As has completely halted my progression.

What I really don't understand is that Kabam has created low supply and huge demand for these items, but they're not even capitalising on the shortage!

Where are the T1A deals/bundles? There are none to be seen, it appears that Kabam is using this shortage for no other purpose than to slow everybody down.

The problem is, logging in every day with no resources to rank up champs isn't fun.

This makes too much sense, my personal humble opinion is Kabam just has no clue what they’re doing & the t1a shortage is unintentional & who knows why they won’t fix it! T1a’s should not be an issue whatsoever, we should be focusing on forming t2a’s & t5b’s at this point, not old items that we used to quicksell about a year ago
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    They should add T1a shard to the lesser solo crystal and increase the chances of a full T1a from the greater solo.
  • Options
    thepazthepaz Posts: 10
    Totally agree, I really considering quit the game coz there's no way I can rank up my characters.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I would have thought after everyone had a chance to pull a 5* that they would offer T1A for sale. This is getting out of hand. Slap 5 as a reward for uncollected and add several to the regular monthly calendar.
  • Options
    ReggieReggie Posts: 221
    Wow, just reading the comments on this thread has me feeling concerned. I’ve gotten myself addicted to a game that’s gonna piss me off soon. Smh
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    i'm guessing they're doing it to control content development.

once everybody has an army of 3/45 champs, the next bottle neck will be t2as. then everybody has an army of 4/55s, then t5bs. then you have people complaining about wanting more difficult content. the demands will never stop.

to be fair, it's only natural that we want to rank up our champs and feel super powerful, but i think it's a mistake for them to release rank up materials too quickly.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Has anyone ever received T1ACs from greater solo crystals? I save 10-20K shards to open 5 or 10 at once multiple times a week, and I've never receive a T1AC from a greater solo crystal. I must be 0 for 200+.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The point I hate about them as a bottleneck is it stops my 5*s and even my 4*s at a ridiculously pathetic level, I barely get to rank anyone anymore and my decent 5*s and 4*s are siting at r1 and r2 respectively as my alphas are so prescious. T4bs as the bottleneck at least you can go another rank before you have to be concerned, now i run uncollected every month I don't want to have to autopilot normal level for hours for one alpha, and I don't want to keep doing alpha arena every week, it's really getting a drag
  • Options
    Gmoney220Gmoney220 Posts: 38
    If i had more t1a i would have 9 rankings to do. Insane i have so many t4b in overflow. Now any t4cc will go to overflow. Yet can do nothing with em. Time to evolve the game.

Who woulda thought t1a arena would be more popular than t4b....
  • Options
    thepazthepaz Posts: 10
    I really hope Kabam read this post. Otherwise, I'll delete this game from my phone soon.
  • Options
    This bottleneck makes absolutely no sense. It’s not like tier 1 alphas were the creme de la creme at any point in the game and it doesn’t follow logic that Kabam would use it on purpose to slow down development. The only option left is ignorance. Increasing drop rate and shards for T4b and T4cc was logical progression but they failed to plan on the ‘simple’ items.

Kabam please fix this issue by providing obtainable goals to acquire T1a or you will have an increasing amount of frustrated players that are confused by the backwards requirements to rank our shiny new champs.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Has anyone ever received T1ACs from greater solo crystals? I save 10-20K shards to open 5 or 10 at once multiple times a week, and I've never receive a T1AC from a greater solo crystal. I must be 0 for 200+.
    I got it once in my lifetime and open far more than 200. It is as rare as opening punisher it seems
    But 40% exp boosts get those all da time
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    thepaz wrote: »
    I really hope Kabam read this post. Otherwise, I'll delete this game from my phone soon.

OH NO
  • Options
    Another point to help save some Alphas:

Why do we need T1A to rank a 5* from 3-4 and 4-5 when we already need T2A? No other rankup needs resources that require two different levels of the same resource. Although these are rare rankups, still silly to require T1A and T2A in the same rankup.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It makes no sense that the resource that is keeping all me new 4* chaps at rand 2 is needed to take my 5* champs to rank 4 and 5. It makes zero sense that you need to use t1a AND t2a for those rank ups. DO we need t3b AND t4b to rank up champs?
  • Options
    OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    Qwerty wrote: »

once everybody has an army of 3/45 champs, the next bottle neck will be t2as. then everybody has an army of 4/55s, then t5bs. then you have people complaining about wanting more difficult content. the demands will never stop.

to be fair, it's only natural that we want to rank up our champs and feel super powerful, but i think it's a mistake for them to release rank up materials too quickly.

Look, I agree with you about it being a mistake to release them to quickly however they need to stop t4cc from expiring. That is ultimately what it boils down to. When they increased the t4cc capacity the other week I was able to actually rank up heros I needed vs constantly ranking up heros I didnt need just to save my t4cc from expiring. This was awesome however its only a temporary fix until I start filling in the extra capacity.

Now some people will say, manage your t4cc better or hoard your crystals, but the reality is, if I have a character I want to rank up and I need the t4cc to do it, I will have to open crystals that give me a chance to get the shards or full catalyst. Due to the RNG, I more than not open T4CC that I dont need sending my extras in storage and causing the count down.. You cannot manage something like that.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Was gonna let y’all have your uncontested moan but since I’ve been invited...I took a 5* from r1 to r4 and another to r2 while also taking taskmaster to 3/30 this week and am sitting on 7/12 t1a with enough glory to cap at 12/12 if I choose. All this and in less than two weeks time I’ll have another 13+ t1a acessable to me which will let me burn the t4cc in over flow if I so choose; but look the reality is the t4cc is in overflow because I choose to spend other classes of t4cc ahead of the ones I let over flow.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Not this again....

Glory store... yep
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Was gonna let y’all have your uncontested moan but since I’ve been invited...I took a 5* from r1 to r4 and another to r2 while also taking taskmaster to 3/30 this week and am sitting on 7/12 t1a with enough glory to cap at 12/12 if I choose. All this and in less than two weeks time I’ll have another 13+ t1a acessable to me which will let me burn the t4cc in over flow if I so choose; but look the reality is the t4cc is in overflow because I choose to spend other classes of t4cc ahead of the ones I let over flow.

Amen!

Love the "but since I've been invited" 😂😂👌
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »

Look, I agree with you about it being a mistake to release them to quickly however they need to stop t4cc from expiring. That is ultimately what it boils down to. When they increased the t4cc capacity the other week I was able to actually rank up heros I needed vs constantly ranking up heros I didnt need just to save my t4cc from expiring. This was awesome however its only a temporary fix until I start filling in the extra capacity.

Now some people will say, manage your t4cc better or hoard your crystals, but the reality is, if I have a character I want to rank up and I need the t4cc to do it, I will have to open crystals that give me a chance to get the shards or full catalyst. Due to the RNG, I more than not open T4CC that I dont need sending my extras in storage and causing the count down.. You cannot manage something like that.

and that's your risk to take. bottom line is if you don't want to manage your t4c crystals and your map crystals, then this you're going to have to deal w/ the possibility of your t4c expiring. can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Big month for 5*s Just openned my 5th, amazing thing is no proper duds so far(2 that really need a dupe though), elektra and og cap, king groot, and Phoenix and a dupe on my magik. There's 36 alphas worth of what They deserve to be ranked next to with my roster.(magiks already r3) The problem as it has always been is balance, this month more 4*s than ever, more 5*s than ever before, more t2as than ever before( i have 12 now) more t4cs, even more t4bs, and no change to alpha availability.
    Seriously a reduction for the 5* rank would be a great move, what is it about more r3 5*s in the game that would be so game breaking